Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoxyC

Zaph wrote: »
    VeVeX, if you have an issue with a post then please report it, but any more badgering of other posters like this will see you taking a break from the forum. Similarly RoxyC, we prefer that posters don't respond to posts like that by attacking back, so similarly please use the report post function in future.
    Thank you. Point taken. Will do. Have a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chaos Black

When I was up around this area, I noticed the planes. Every few minutes on the dot. You probably get used to them I guess, but something to keep in mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Family member lives in Chaplewood in Hollystown, and doesn't have any problems. To me, it seems very car-bound, with absolutely no facilities in walking distance (except maybe golf club bar). The planes are overhead but they aren't loud at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's just the golf club and petrol station alright from Hollystown, some people like things being that quiet. Hollywoodrath is just a stones throw from all the facilities in Tyrresltown though, including bus services.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

January wrote: »
    Just coming back to this quickly, drove past yesterday and they are building a road from the roundabout beside Hollywoodrath into the school.

Hi anyone who is living here or bought here can you please let me know if there is direct access road to the schools from the property instead of going around and also the noise from the flights?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Only the secondary school according to another poster.

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi anyone who is living here or bought here can you please let me know if there is direct access road to the schools from the property instead of going around and also the noise from the flights?
    January wrote: »
    Only the secondary school according to another poster.

At the moment that's all it looks like. There's planning permission granted for the land to the north of the schools, and to the west of Hollywoodrath, on the land called Kilmartin, and part of that development is to construct a link road to the existing town centre, you can see it on page 2 of this document

http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00452471.pdf

Although I wouldn't be surprised for an unofficial route to pop up as people start taking shortcuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chown

Can anyone who is living here in a semi-detached house please let me know how good is the noise insulation? Can you hear your neighbours? Thank You!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hollystown

userduluth wrote: »

Hi
    I live there since August and isolation is quite good I cannot here my neighbors.

Hi

In regards to Air noise definitely you can hear them and especially when they are landing at 2 am but again this noise will last about 20sec and you can used to it very quickly.
    I will be honest with you, we viewed 50 properties over the last year and few of them were very near M50 and honestly I prefer planes over my head then M50 noise.

Also Yes the house is exactly what you see but be aware of garden few of the houses are on the hill so the garden too and few houses will have drainage canals in the center of garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Hollystown wrote: »
    Hi

In regards to Air noise definitely you can hear them and especially when they are landing at 2 am but again this noise will last about 20sec and you can used to it very quickly.
    I will be honest with you, we viewed 50 properties over the last year and few of them were very near M50 and honestly I prefer planes over my head then M50 noise.

Also Yes the house is exactly what you see but be aware of garden few of the houses are on the hill so the garden too and few houses will have drainage canals in the center of garden.

Hopefully drainage was a priority on the plans. The field where these houses were built flooded almost every year. The road to the right towards Hollystown also flooded regularly due to the run off from the field.

Hi
    I Meant that you can have 'road sewer' canals and it is not a small. Unfortunately I cannot paste URL yet to show you this.

Also be aware that there is no standard garden size, if you will be unlucky enough you will get tiny garden :)

Do not get me wrong I do not regret the purchase I love my new house but I think that sellers should tell these small things to futures buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hollywoodrath home

Hi How long will it take to get the contract from builders solicitor

Thanks
    Mat

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hollywoodrath home

Hi

I viewed few 3 bed room semi-detached house their.. They are very good bright and spacious. 300k is the starting price... How is that area. And school facility and transportation?

Thanks
    Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Four primary (2 Educate Together, one catholic, one Irish language) and a secondary school (due to open in Sept 2017) in Tyrrelstown - a 2 min walk.

Tyrrelstown well served by 40d bus via Finglas to O'Connell St. Journey time is 40-50 mins; buses run every 15 mins in rush hour. Also served by hourly bus to Blanchardstown shopping centre.

Also Lidl, SuperValu, a few restaurants/takeaways / hotel in immediate environment.

New park opened locally with playground. GAA, soccer, cricket and other sports facilitated. Community centre in Tyrrelstown provides the usual range of sport / arts / community activities.

Located on the n2/n3 link road, so if you're using a car, you're well served.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

The secondary school already opened in 2014

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    The secondary school already opened in 2014

It didn't. It didn't even exist then.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

With respect Le Cheile secondary school opened in 2014. My nephew is a third year student there.
    The new building was finished ( kind of) in September 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

With respect Le Cheile secondary school opened in 2014. My nephew is a third year student there.

Sorry for causing confusion. The school opened in Sept 2014 and was temporarily based in the horology building beside Blanchardstown hospital. The school transferred to Tyrrelstown last Sept. my mistake: I thought it was still being constructed.

• Advertisement

The school was in operation that long, but the building that is in Tyrrelstown as has been mentioned only came partially into operation this term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

What is the starting price for these houses?

Also, what is the sound isolation like on the joining wall to the next house?

Are there any shops within walking distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

What is the starting price for these houses?

Also, what is the sound isolation like on the joining wall to the next house?

Are there any shops within walking distance?

Shops are 5 mins walk away, SuperValu Lidl, takeaways, pharmacy etc.

3 deb semi 300k, 4 bed semi is 360k and detached are 400k.
    3 beds are sold out some of the others are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thommy19

Can anyone comment about the flight noise while inside the house?? The north runway is operational in 2020

North runway will be further away than the current one won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

I lived nearby in Tyrrelstown and I must say the noise for planes is not that noticeable. It is easy to get used to and has little impact when you are in the house. Planes are usually quite high when over the area although some days it can be a little annoying when sitting in the garden.
    This area is by no means as bad as Portmarnock for Aircraft noise.
    Once the new runway is operational it should decrease the number of planes over the area as the new runway is further North.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timisatom

I see it's been a year since the last post. Would anyone be kind enough to share their thoughts on hollywoodrath? I am looking at the next phase coming by the end of the year..
    Schools, air noise, mix of population, traffic, anything- good or bad.
    As for the houses themselves, maybe someone who did the attic conversion?
    3bed or 4bed, the agent-Mcpeaks- tells me the 3bed is ready for it but from the floorplans it seems the 4bed is just as good if not better.
    I'd appreciate any comments.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi timisatom, welcome to Boards. I've moved your post to this thread from the Tyrellstown thread as it's more appropriate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

Anyone buying here?
    How long does it take from picking a property to keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 thommy19

I am thinking of buying. My only worry is the aircraft noise. Do you know anyone living this area?

Advertisement