Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop & Scan Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

MelBri wrote: »
    It's the Opticon GPRS

Unless you have absolutely zero phone coverage it sounds like a hardware fault or an issue with the SIM in it. Time to call the helpdesk basically/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

L1011 wrote: »
    Unless you have absolutely zero phone coverage it sounds like a hardware fault or an issue with the SIM in it. Time to call the helpdesk basically/

Yeah I think you're right, sent them an email. Will phone now and hopefully get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Just out curiosity I ordered over €100 in vouchers on the 7th and they still not arrived is this normal to wait this long. On my rewards catalogue it says processed order.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Postal vouchers take rather a long time. Gave up and only use electronic ones now.

Must add up the take over the time I've had it, it's approaching a grand anyway

Thanks I hope I get them soon they are for Christmas presents.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I recently signed back up for Shop & Scan again. Still awaiting the equipment but looking forward to having some vouchers to spend this time next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

I got my Argos vouchers within a week. Never had to wait long for them, said when I ordered 5 working days.

I would get in touch with them about the vouchers.

Actually I just checked my emails and they have a backlog, I ordered mine on 23 Oct and it was just over 2 weeks before they came

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

miamee wrote: »
    I recently signed back up for Shop & Scan again. Still awaiting the equipment but looking forward to having some vouchers to spend this time next year :D

Got it eventually, messed up the scanning on week 1 I think (well we forgot to do the addtional "Organic or not" "Pre-packed or Loose" etc. scans for fruit and veg.

It feels odd to just scan without entering individual prices which is what I was used to before. Still it's much quicker than before. Only pain is having to upload from PC, the previous one I had was just in a cradle plugged into the wall, I didn't have to think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I applied a few years ago (when I first read this thread) but never followed through and they kept emailing me. So a month or two ago I decided to complete the application and got the scanner (Opticon USB) today. An Post made a mess of the envelope but I think I got everything. :)

• Advertisement

Hi anyone who does shop and scan have you noticed your getting less points now. I always used to get 600 a month now I'm getting 570

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Has always been 570 for me

Virtanen wrote: »
    Has always been 570 for me

I've just been checking old statements and they all say 600 till now
    I've messaged them just to see if there is a reason why. Thanks for your reply.

I've gone from 600 to 540, haven't had time to ask why

L1011 wrote: »
    I've gone from 600 to 540, haven't had time to ask why

They want me to call the help desk so I'll do that I'll let you know what they say

That's odd, I get 200 a week, 60 and 140 one for data and the other for receipts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Gormal wrote: »
    That's odd, I get 200 a week, 60 and 140 one for data and the other for receipts.

IIRC they run two separate panels, one where you take pictures of the receipts (the one I assume you're on) and one where you scan the barcodes with a scanner

IIRC they run two separate panels, one where you take pictures of the receipts (the one I assume you're on) and one where you scan the barcodes with a scanner

I also get the 200 points a week like Gormal, for scanning items and for sending receipt(s). It requires scanning the barcodes with a scanner and also scanning in/photographing a receipt(s).

You assume incorrectly, I scan the barcodes with the small opticon scanner and upload the a copy of my receipts along with the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’ve always been getting 540 points for scanning the shopping and entering the price on scanner

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You assume incorrectly, I scan the barcodes with the small opticon scanner and upload the a copy of my receipts along with the data.

Correct. I stopped uploading receipts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Is there any other way to submit the barcodes - do they have other equipment I can get? Having problems with both laptops - won't recognise the device. I know its the laptops so just wondering if I can continue with this any other way.

They may still offer the landline or GPRS scanners if you ask. These don't need a PC at all

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

Anybody having issues uploading the scanner this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

No was OK this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

Yep. Getting 001 error when trying to load. Tried around 20 times.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

rameire wrote: »

That's what's happening me.

Glad I'm not the only one

Had that error before. Is the scanner charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭rameire

muirsheen wrote: »
    Had that error before. Is the scanner charged?

Yup. Fully charged. Have had those issues before. Learned from mistakes.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Yup. Fully charged. Have had those issues before. Learned from mistakes.

Maybe reinstall the program?

Advertisement