Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had an item arrive to their US depot on a Monday but it wasn't checked in until Tuesday of the following week. Took ages to ship and then having paid An Post €15.99 to ship it I then had to pay them a further €10 to collect the VAT on it.

Around the same time I sent something to the UK address, arrived there Wednesday and I had it on the Saturday.

Cancelled my account, the UK charge is by far the most expensive of all the concierge services and shouldn't need to order from the US again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Caranica wrote: »
    I had an item arrive to their US depot on a Monday but it wasn't checked in until Tuesday of the following week. Took ages to ship and then having paid An Post €15.99 to ship it I then had to pay them a further €10 to collect the VAT on it.

Around the same time I sent something to the UK address, arrived there Wednesday and I had it on the Saturday.

Cancelled my account, the UK charge is by far the most expensive of all the concierge services and shouldn't need to order from the US again.

Can you recommend some others? I use it a lot with amazon stuff that does not ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Can you recommend some others? I use it a lot with amazon stuff that does not ship to Ireland.

Parcel Motel. Have never had an issue with them and allows you to purchase with free delivery from AmazonUK. (€3 per item charge from Parcel Motel)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

I have saved quite a bit over the years using the UK addresspal service, a lot of sellers/company's on eBay for example offer free postage within the UK but charge a lot more than addresspal for postage to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

thomas 123 wrote: »

I'm happy with parcel motel, 24 hour access. Was using Addresspal delivery to door as post office hours don't work for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I had a parcel go ‘missing’ for nearly 3 weeks in the uk with addresspal. I had given up and had received a refund from the seller when it turned up. (Obviously I repaid the refund)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

First time using it as well and item arrived in Hatfield on the 14th. Took 2 days for an email to come saying they had it and that it would be 3-4 working days for it to be delivered, that was the 16th . Been sitting in Heathrown transit until this morning where it arrived in Dublin. Now when it actually get to me is another story. Not impressed with first use.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Used them for last two years. 100% of items received. Some if the UK can take up to two weeks to arrive. I use thr home delivery service for the larger more expensive items.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to Couriers forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

markc1184 wrote: »
    Have a parcel checked into Heathrow for a week now. Getting to be a joke at this stage and it will be the last time I use addresspal.

Finally had my package delivered this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

markc1184 wrote: »
    Finally had my package delivered this morning.

Good to hear. Mine arrived on Saturday. I know items have to be scanned and a label put on but still a long time when you are paying for the service,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭xtal191

Amazon delivered an item to them on Saturday and still haven't received an email or anything from them, are the usually this slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭seekers

For items being delivered to the post office. They don't send any email

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

i lovewine wrote: »
    Hi All
    anyone having problems with Addresspal ?. item delivered by company to there UK depot last Sunday. no sign of it in Ireland up to an hour ago?
    should i be concerned
    regards

3 items signed for on Monday the 12th.
    None have arrived here (yet anyway).
    Things seem to be moving a lot more slowly than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

I live in D6

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 02.55.17.png

Its doing a tour of Dublin right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I live in D6

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 02.55.17.png

Its doing a tour of Dublin right now.

Not really . Park West is one of their sorting facilities so they should be sending it to D6

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Justaburner

For a comparison... I bought from Amazon UK on Sunday afternoon. Item shipped to Parcel Motel Monday and arrived in Dublin Tuesday afternoon.

I picked it up from my local PM in Cork first thing this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rmurphy98

Item got delivered to AddressPal UK Depot for post office collection on Monday morning. No word from An Post. Is this normal? I understand there's no tracking for post office collections but should I have received an email from An Post letting me know they received my package?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

rmurphy98 wrote: »
    Item got delivered to AddressPal UK Depot for post office collection. No word from An Post. Is this normal? I understand there's no tracking for post office collections but should I have received an email from An Post letting me know they received my package?
    Nope you'll only receive notification when it arrives in the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

I ordered a scooter for my sons birthday which is in a week, I foolishly assumed it would be here on time but after reading these I've no hope now.
    The item is from amazon and due to be delivered to the UK address tomorrow, whatll happen because its a saturday I wonder? Will someone be there to accept it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

adresspal is shocking. I used them once and after nearly 2 weeks waiting for a package from uk, swore never again. but I accidentally had something shipped by them again - its been stuck in heathrow a week now. total joke. another package I had parcel motel'd shipped after the addresspal one arrived in Heathrow and is here already !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I may be tempting fate but AP work well for me. Last item arrived in the UK last Friday & arrived here on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Discodog wrote: »
    I may be tempting fate but AP work well for me. Last item arrived in the UK last Friday & arrived here on Wednesday.

Same as I've bought quite a few items on ebay with free uk postage and or items that are only shipped to uk addresses and that's where AP comes in very handy and postage only 3.95 on collection at PO.

Some ebay sellers would fleece you for postage directly to Ireland so by using AP address you get free uk postage or cheap postage.

I've never had a issue at all,long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's so strange to read all the bad reviews of their UK service. I've used their US service loads and its been flawless. Such a weird disconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Due to delivery of a large parcel I want to upgrade my AP account to home delivery.
    Can i still opt to use PO collection for subsequent deliveries or am I forever "stuck with" home delivery?
    Anyone know the answer please ?

I'd hate to lose cost savings and convenience of PO collection. Hard to imagine they'd be so restrictive but ...

(Couldn't find an answer in AP's FAQ and no response to my enquiry)
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shelly24

Just to update, amazon delivered my scooter to UK address pal on Saturday and somehow even though they weren't open it was delivered, this morning - (Monday) by 8am I had an email from address pal to say they have the scooter and are shipping it and I'll have it in 3 /4 days and I have a tracking number already so now I'm very hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Is it a 100% customs hit-rate on stuff coming in via AddressPal from the States? I’ve got a bit of used electronics that cost around €110, arriving into the US depot from a private eBay seller.

I’ve factored customs into the price, but is it cert that it will be flagged?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They usually ask for proof of amount paid by Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Due to delivery of a large parcel I want to upgrade my AP account to home delivery.
    Can i still opt to use PO collection for subsequent deliveries or am I forever "stuck with" home delivery?
    Anyone know the answer please ?

I'd hate to lose cost savings and convenience of PO collection. Hard to imagine they'd be so restrictive but ...

(Couldn't find an answer in AP's FAQ and no response to my enquiry)
    Thanks.

AP xxxx address is the delivery address you use to addresspal for post office collection........APW xxxx address is delivery address you use to addresspal for home delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Used them for last two years. 100% of items received. Some if the UK can take up to two weeks to arrive. I use thr home delivery service for the larger more expensive items.
    Is there a weight and dimensions limit to this service to Ireland?

Advertisement