Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following John Best

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He has been smashed up in the betting which is not surprising given how poor the race looks.

11/8 now.

5/4 now.

Horrific ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shocking ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Makes all last day and wins, held up pretty much out the back of the pack and finishes with running left for 3rd. Bizarre stuff really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

Didn't see it but told he was obviously the best in the race. Unfortunate but it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

To be fair to the jockey he broke slowly and was trapped in for a long way as a result. A shame as he was indeed the best in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,398 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

120mgyf.png
    2vn0veq.png

Just Because wins at 6/1 on Monday - Berrahri wins again today. Stupidly didn't do it.

Think it's safe to say that John Best has come good quite nicely. While I am up decent money, if I had just backed all his runners blind off a level stake, I would have made more money. Oh well. Think Best still has a few interesting horses left that have a good chance at winning (Stone Of Folca, Mossgo), so won't be giving up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Ninety Minuntes runs tomorrow at Chelmsford City. Currently around the 3/1 mark. Looks to have re-found a bit of form. Big Chance you would feel.

minty16 wrote: »
    Ninety Minuntes runs tomorrow at Chelmsford City. Currently around the 3/1 mark. Looks to have re-found a bit of form. Big Chance you would feel.
    Another winner, I missed it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I noticed while having a an idle look on Oddschecker that Authorised Spirit was having its first run for a new stable, John Best's, in the 8.10 at Kempton. Was very tempted to have a nibble, but I didn't. It won at 25-1! Gah!

Another one having it's first run for John Best, in the 8.10 at Kempton. Spooky (see previous post)
    Whitstable Pearl. 33-1. I put a small e/w on it for a bit of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Boom boom
    Backed it at 28s
    Get in Whitstable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Wow! Stuck 2ew just for the craic. Well done lads.

Well done lads, I didn't follow :( It's mad though what a change of yard can do for a trainer. This lad could not buy a winner, but then moves into new digs with a lovely all weather gallops, solarium, hydrotherapy unit - and all of a sudden his horses are going great guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Nice one!

You effin' beauty!! Just saw the result now. :D
    Hope some of yiz had a nibble.

I just realised I put it up as being at Kempton, should have been Chelmsford. Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Excellent Bozo....

2 running for John Best today.
    Mulled Wine 3rd time out at Lingfield 2.25 interests me. I have little confidence in it to be honest, but I've won enough money off this thread to spunk an e/w on it, Kieren Fox on board, 40-1 (Paddy Power)

• Advertisement

I like Mulled Wine too.

5th of 6. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Just a heads up for you lads, his horse has been well supported in this 345 at Linfield.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He won

Ruby Wednesday :) Last to first off the final bend, finished very strongly.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

He won

Ruby Wednesday :) Last to first off the final bend, finished very strongly.

What were his odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

beertons wrote: »
    What were his odds?

4/1

beertons wrote: »
    What were his odds?

SP was 4/1, think he was 6/1 when I spotted him first, backed him at 9/2 he flitted in between that and 4/1 up to the off

Yeah, I had a look at 5-1. I was too busy setting cash on fire on Cheltenham at the time though!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, I had a look at 5-1. I was too busy setting cash on fire on Cheltenham at the time though!

Same here. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Sheikh The Reins out for the first time since August in the 8.45 at Kempton tomorrow. Was hoping for a bigger price, 8-1 PP, 9's 10's elsewhere.
    I'm finding this a very tricky race to pick one from though.

Advertisement