Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea, 4pm SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Barlett wrote: »
    Well if you're going down that road, a penalty not given for Arsenal either

The first 2 for chelsea were blatant tho in fairness. The one on cesc wasnt a pen but shouldnt have been booked. Fair enough arsenal should have had a pen aswel but would have been harsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The booing of Fabregas is ridiculous. You should never boo a club legend. This isn't Nasri or Adebeyour we're talking about. No class.

Who said he's a club legend? He won nothing and lost any chance of that title with the manner in which he forced his move away. Kolo Toure gets a great reception every time he returns because he is an Invincible and a real club legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

As the half wore on Chelsea began to fold. Half time came at the right time for them. Wrong time for arsenal.

I think both ospina and Oscar should have seen cards. Very dangerous play. One leading with a shoulder check the other with foot almost as higher than his head when standing on the ground!

Cesc booking very harsh.
    Ivanovic crafty or something he should be danger of a red. Instead, he hasn't even got a yellow. Bizarre!

Hazard is in bellerin's back pocket. He's a quality quality player. (So when will he pull a Cesc? :p )

If arsenal can get a quality dm and top level lb they could challenge on all fronts next season.

Coquenlins yellow probably the most significant thing in the game so far. He can't illegally stop any counters now.

Also, arsenal offside trap is terrible. Completely staggered. How did they lose to Monaco again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Who said he's a club legend?.he won nothing

FA Cup and Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

It seems other teams supporters get very pissed off because Chelsea have an ability to defend which is a huge part of football. Strange really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

:rolleyes:
    Turtwig wrote: »
    As the half wore on Chelsea began to fold. Half time came at the right time for them. Wrong time for arsenal.

I think both ospina and Oscar should have seen cards. Very dangerous play. One leading with a shoulder check the other with foot almost as higher than his head when standing on the ground!

Cesc booking very harsh.
    Ivanovic crafty or something he should be danger of a red. Instead, he hasn't even got a yellow. Bizarre!

Hazard is in bellerin's back pocket. He's a quality quality player. (So when will he pull a Cesc? :p )

If arsenal can get a quality dm and top level lb they could challenge on all fronts next season.

Coquenlins yellow probably the most significant thing in the game so far. He can't illegally stop any counters now.

Also, arsenal offside trap is terrible. Completely staggered. How did they lose to Monaco again?

Classic jibberish Oscar should have had a card for a high foot. His foot was on the ground by the time the keeper arrived, filthy challenge red all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba for Oscar.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Watching via Bein Sports, really annoying listening to all the penalty talk. Just my opinion of course but perhaps each side could have had one (Arsenal handball and Chelsea as the keeper takes out Oscar iirc) but the other two supposed penalties are nothing more than a sad example of what is the modern game imo and hearing the pundits go on about how if there is any contact a player should dive and a penalty should be given is really disapointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cesc booking very harsh.

Chelsea folding. I'm not watching the same game as you.

• Advertisement

Their current LB and DM are two of their best players this year....but I see what you're saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Who said he's a club legend? He won nothing and lost any chance of that title with the manner in which he forced his move away. Kolo Toure gets a great reception every time he returns because he is an Invincible and a real club legend.

I don't understand why he's getting booed though? I know there's a London rivalry between Arsenal and Chelsea, but it's not like he's wearing a Spurs shirt.

Didn't Arsenal have first option on him if he left Barca? I reckon he definitely would have signed for Arsenal if they came in for him, but they didn't.

I'm not saying Arsenal fans should applaud him or give him a good reception, but they should just not react to him at all and focus their energies on supporting their own players.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Chelsea folding. I'm not watching the same game as you.

Last ten minutes arsenal had them under extreme pressure. One bad ricochet and it was a goal. Chelsea couldn't get out.

I didn't mean they "folding" as in absolute surrender. Rather, there were creases showing. They needed half time. Even Terry knew it. He made sure they took a full minute to take a free kick.

Last ten minutes arsenal had them under extreme pressure. One bad ricochet and it was a goal. Chelsea couldn't get out.

I didn't mean they "folding" as in absolute surrender. Rather, there were creases showing. They needed half time. Even Terry knew it. He made sure they took a full minute to take a free kick.

Maybe I though Chelsea were quiet comfortable for most of the half.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Their current LB and DM are two of their best players this year....but I see what you're saying.

Oh coquenlin's quality. I just think they definitely need another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kos pushed Ospina to stop him going out and giving away the free kick

• Advertisement

Every time Ashley Cole played at Arsenal he got booed, now Cesc getting booed not much class these Arsenal fans. Compare with the really warm reception Mata got at the Bridge last week and Sideshow with PSG.

Maybe I though Chelsea were quiet comfortable for most of the half.

I doubt Jose was. Contrast the United game and this. Arsenal were pushing Chelsea back. They might not score but the likelihood of them scoring the longer things go that way increases.

I don't think this has been a vintage Mourinho defensive nullification. Even if the scoreline was 0-0.
    Although arguably Chelsea should be ahead. That's sport though you can play below par and get the breaks. I doubt Jose was happy with that first half - apart from the scoreline.

I expect a more solid Chelsea second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Every time Ashley Cole played at Arsenal he got booed, now Cesc getting booed not much class these Arsenal fans. Compare with the really warm reception Mata got at the Bridge last week and Sideshow with PSG.

As was stated earlier it depends on the player. Fab's departure upset a lot of fans and they are entitled to boo. There plenty of players who make welcome returns to the emirates. Eduardo is one that springs to mind. Unfortunately Cesc is one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Azpileceuta has to be the best defender when it comes to one on ones.

This sort of feels a bit like the QPR game for me (except of course Arsenal are a good side) hope the outcome is the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Attempting to troll or are you just ignorant of the situational differences between both transfers???? I Will assume the later.

Ashley Cole was a different scenario and himself and Chelsea certainly suited each other.

Also, LOL at a Chelsea fan accusing other fans of a lack of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Mata was sold because Chelsea didn't want him...he didn't force a transfer nor negotiate a transfer behind your club's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The difference is that Mata and Luiz were surplus to requirements at Chelsea. If Hazard went to a direct rival or forced a move to another club, would he be welcomed back with open arms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The difference is that Mata and Luiz were surplus to requirements at Chelsea. If Hazard went to a direct rival or forced a move to another club, would he be welcomed back with open arms?

yes of course, we are not ignorant pigs, hazard has done a lot for the club and owes us nothing.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ashley Cole was a different scenario and himself and Chelsea certainly suited each other.

Also, LOL at a Chelsea fan accusing other fans of a lack of class.

They certainly were suited to each other, best left back in the country playing for the best team can't argue with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,264 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

tastyt wrote: »
    It seems other teams supporters get very pissed off because Chelsea have an ability to defend which is a huge part of football. Strange really

More the manager and his arrogance and hypocrisy, when z team does this to him it's 19th century football ;)

Didn't you lot boo and abuse your own manager who got you CL football and won a European trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Didn't you lot boo and abuse your own manager who got you CL football and won a European trophy.

that bloody gimmick of a person is an exception, it is a disgrace he is still walking this earth.

Barlett wrote: »
    Mata was sold because Chelsea didn't want him...he didn't force a transfer nor negotiate a transfer behind your club's back

Maybe if Arsenal didn't renage on their wage promise he would have stayed, you reap what you sow. He was a very loyal player for Chelsea so don't think it was his character.

• Advertisement

Was he black? Because they also have form for that kind of carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Quazzie wrote: »

Grow up ffs

LOL, I forget about that. Their little A4 sheets of paper of protest in his first game. :pac:

I assume you see a link between these I don't

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

so people not talking about the match on this page....2nd half not exactly as lively as the first thus far eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Second half has been muck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah. The difference is that the tens of thousands of Chelsea fans are all really nice people. Like lovely guys.

Terry's class.

that bloody gimmick of a person is an exception, it is a disgrace he is still walking this earth.

Lovely stuff.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Yeah. The difference is that the tens of thousands of Chelsea fans are all really nice people. Like lovely guys.

We are really lovely people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Drogba has to do better there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not on

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

He could have killed him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Only just checked the score, whats the match like

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Unlucky the way it fell for Mertesacker there, my heart was in my mouth!

Would've loved to see Per stick that away.

jamesbere wrote: »

Good 1st half, poor 2nd half.

I assume you see a link between these I don't

Just a bit bizzare complaining about other teams fans treatment of players and staff when your own clubs fans were abusing their own staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

jamesbere wrote: »

The only shot on target was from Willian

• Advertisement
Advertisement