Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea, 4pm SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Wouldn't be expecting this worth watching. Could just stick Fabregas "striker" and Zouma - Matic shield. Mourinho would take 0 - 0.

Can't make head nor tale of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

? What confused you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thinks it'll be a terrible game
    Cesc at false 9
    Zouma CM
    Jose to play for a 0-0
    Profit??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thinks it'll be a terrible game
    Cesc at false 9
    Zouma CM
    Jose to play for a 0-0
    Profit??

Exactly it wasnt that hard?

Gav is Drogba not injured? He pulled out of some event during week and tweeted about injury? Is there any strikers left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Can't see it being a draw, both Hazard and Sanchez will be right up for this one, hopefully wenger can pull something out of the bag, we're well overdue a win over Mourinho. This game is bigger to me than any north London derby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

? What confused you?

The lack of prepositions, but I get it now, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,720 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

End to end game full of excitement, 2-1 to somebody, crystal ball won't tell me who. Internet to explode when Jose doesn't park the bus

Exactly it wasnt that hard?

Gav is Drogba not injured? He pulled out of some event during week and tweeted about injury? Is there any strikers left?

There all iffy but theyre all able to play, if needed but they'll be big, big risks if theyre played, thats if what jose said was true.

Drogba was injured against Utd and pulled out of his own charity match on Monday. Costa injured against Stoke, will probably play next weekend. Remy injured 2 weeks ago before the QPR game but it was in training, dont know why hes still out TBH.

Dominic Solanke was pulled from the U21 game against Everton to make sure he was ok to be on the bench today.

Jose said it'll be either Drogba/Costa today or Drogba/solanke, I suspect it will be Drogba starting and solanke on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

We'll play for a 0-0 in which all the Arsenal fans and so called purists will incessantly whine about once again, before hitting them on the break at some point and scoring to win 1-0 is how it'll pan out hopefully. It'd be awesome if Fabregas scored and celebrated, that would just add to it. Wouldn't mind seeing Hazard lead the line today, read he's done that for Belgium a few times over the last year or two.

Maybe it'll be Arsenal's year, and they can grab a point against big, bad Chelsea though. As good a time as any I suppose.

Soby wrote: »
    We'll play for a 0-0 in which all the Arsenal fans and so called purists will incessantly whine about once again, before hitting them on the break at some point and scoring to win 1-0 is how it'll pan out hopefully. It'd be awesome if Fabregas scored and celebrated, that would just add to it. Wouldn't mind seeing Hazard lead the line today, read he's done that for Belgium a few times over the last year or two.

Maybe it'll be Arsenal's year, and they can grab a point against big, bad Chelsea though. As good a time as any I suppose.

I'm sure even the Chelsea fans paying big bucks to watch the match live would prefer a free-flowing game of football.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm sure even the Chelsea fans paying big bucks to watch the match live would prefer a free-flowing game of football.

Always prefer the points. It's the same every week and it doesn't change no matter how many people say they're sure what we'd prefer.

You might be sure but you're still wrong.

Always prefer the points. It's the same every week and it doesn't change no matter how many people say they're sure what we'd prefer.

You might be sure but you're still wrong.

You don't know me, I'm never wrong :pac:

I wasn't saying points or free-flowing football. You can have both, and if I was paying big money to watch live, that's what I'd want.

Of course, if parking the bus is required for points, then I'm sure they would prefer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No striker for Chelsea, Hazard as the false no 9.

No striker for Chelsea, Hazard as the false no 9.

Cesc? If hes playing id assume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arsenal win today anyway

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Arsenal win today anyway
    Wasn't really in doubt before but that lineup confirms it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

If there's no one fit for us I'd have rather seen solanke get a go. Haz/fab get the nod due to experience anyway...

No pressure on us eeally would have loved to seen solanke play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

For the sake of this game being half watchable I hope Arsenal score in the first minute

• Advertisement

A lot of pressure off Arsenal with that utd result. Arsenal do tend to play better with pressure off, so fingers crossed!

If we're ever going to get around to beating Chelsea, it has to be today. Best chance in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Basil3 wrote: »

Each to their own, but I reckon more Chelsea fans prefer results and trophies at the end of the day, tbh. Winning the league here today would be that tiny bit more perfect :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I reckon Hazard is going to torture Mert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,058 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soby wrote: »
    Each to their own, but I reckon more Chelsea fans prefer results and trophies at the end of the day, tbh. Winning the league here today would be that tiny bit more perfect :p

They can't win it today can they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

2-2 draw. Be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

rottie 11 wrote: »
    2-2 draw. Be happy with that

Arsenal havent even scored against Chelsea since Jose came back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Have the players to play with no recognised cf you never know, hopefully a boring boring game and a scrappy 1-0 win for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Have the players to play with no recognised cf you never know, hopefully a boring boring game and a scrappy 1-0 win for us

Why would you hope for a boring game? Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Because everyone knows that's what Chelsea fans love apparently

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Why would you hope for a boring game? Weird

I guess it's called the Mourinho effect.

Given the choice of winning a match in an attractive free-flowing match, they would prefer a dour match with 1 goal deciding it.

I would have thought Chelsea fans would have enjoyed seeing them beat Arsenal 6-0, but apparently not.

Advertisement