Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

rarnes1 wrote: »
    click the number of posts on SF homepage and it gives a breakdown

Ah i see , you learn something everyday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd take your hand off for a draw right now, tbh.

They utterly dismantled Newcastle without ever getting out of 2nd gear yesterday.

True, but they can blow hot and cold, lets just hope they are freezing against us, we certainly shouldnt be affraid of them anyway, have a right good cut off them

brevity wrote: »
    Top 10 from the last thread:

User Name Posts
    Agent Coulson 423
    Harry Palmr 373
    rarnes1 373
    Turtyturd 273
    5starpool 264
    NukaCola 261
    rob316 232
    Augeo 208
    Charlie19 194
    LuckyLloyd 193

Bit of glass 3/4s full was needed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

savage win.... these are the wins that great teams grind out from time to time.. get in!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

While not ideal moving Can to the left today, Rodgers has been trying to play Lovren on the right towards the end of the last few games. I have always feared that Rodgers was going to drop Sakho once he got Lovren back in the team but it looks like he has plans to play a back three of Lovren, Skrtel and Sakho. If he puts Can into midfield we will have a few options for the centre of the pitch coming towards the end of the season. While still not convinced with Rodgers team selections and substitutions he has the team winning, and for that he deserves a lot of credit, they look a different team to what we were watching up to December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

All well and good the last 14 games being decent, we need to continue this over the next 12 PL games while catering for EL games and FA cup.

I do think Rodgers is very mindful of this and not starting Sturridge today illustrates the point, I reckon it's been decided that Ibe is mad for road so to speak, to be fair Derby were making plenty use of him too.

I reckon a result against City is well within capability but as we all know sh1t happens etc and a defeat to City wouldn't be the end of the world. However, the way I like to see it is that Newcastle were woeful and rolled over and City of late prior to the Newcastle game weren't overly fantastic.

After the next 4 games (2PL, one EL and a Cup game) there's than a week before the away trip to Swansea and almost a week than to the home game against Man Utd, we have the squad to cope with this.
    mav79 wrote: »
    ........... While still not convinced with Rodgers team selections ..........

Today's was a bit of a headscratcher for me when I saw it, I didn't know Sakho was out due to injury. Moreno & Sturridge on the bench, looked a weird one. Got away with it / it worked - not sure which tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

While Mignolet has turned his form around big time I thought he could of caught a few today that he opted to punch and put us under pressure. His saves were excellent.

I was worried when I saw the lineup but having come through it (hindsight etc) it obviously worked and should keep a couple more players fresher for upcoming games.

Besiktas, City, Burnley and Blackburn in next two weeks. Something from the city game will be tough and even more so given that we have to travel to Besiktas on Thursday while they play Barcelona at home on Tuesday.

Was there any news on Gerrard and Lucas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I think Defensive Errors leading to a goal might be a better name for that because there have been plenty of defensive errors. Just haven't been punished for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

That true, seems very unlikely! Sure hasnt Can been found out, surely he made a few errors in the last few weeks.
    Btw, where was Sakho today??

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Great win for yee today. That will hurt Southampton I reckon they will fall off the pace now. Another important one next week depends on what city turns up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Btw, where was Sakho today??

Minor hip injury, apparently

I think Ker is right. They only count errors that lead to a goal. Still nice to read.

gafferino wrote: »

Was there any news on Gerrard and Lucas?

Lucas should replace Allen as soon as he's fit, no doubt might start off the bench for a 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augeo wrote: »
    Bit of glass 3/4s full was needed :D

Half of the 208 were probably you quoting yourself though.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Great win for yee today. That will hurt Southampton I reckon they will fall off the pace now. Another important one next week depends on what city turns up

I dunno, a lot of people have said this at various stages but yet they are still there, and on merit. I agree they are the most likely now to slip out of the top 4 "race" but I wouldn't write them off so easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Smells like victory, or is that my armpits?

Smells like Team Spirit
    brevity wrote: »
    Top 10 from the last thread:

User Name Posts
    Agent Coulson 423
    Harry Palmr 373
    rarnes1 373
    Turtyturd 273
    5starpool 264
    NukaCola 261
    rob316 232
    Augeo 208
    Charlie19 194
    LuckyLloyd 193

Never going break into the top ten. I'm a mid-table poster. Just happy to be posting in the thread of the year.

Oh
    Assist for first goal = summer signing
    Assist for second goal(kinda) = summer signing
    Most candsome player ='summer signing
    First player trolling by not giving away a penalty = summer signing

The match thread saps have been fed after midnight and are now Liverpool. Gremlins. Here's a few them watching a stream today.
    gremlins-out-7-dec-109719.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dunno, a lot of people have said this at various stages but yet they are still there, and on merit. I agree they are the most likely now to slip out of the top 4 "race" but I wouldn't write them off so easily.

I just feel a game like that when they knew win puts them 7 ahead of you will hurt them stop momentum. Some of their players look out of sorts too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,273 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

All well and good the last 14 games being decent, we need to continue this over the next 12 PL games while catering for EL games and FA cup.

I do think Rodgers is very mindful of this and not starting Sturridge today illustrates the point, I reckon it's been decided that Ibe is mad for road so to speak, to be fair Derby were making plenty use of him too.

I reckon a result against City is well within capability but as we all know sh1t happens etc and a defeat to City wouldn't be the end of the world. However, the way I like to see it is that Newcastle were woeful and rolled over and City of late prior to the Newcastle game weren't overly fantastic.

After the next 4 games (2PL, one EL and a Cup game) there's than a week before the away trip to Swansea and almost a week than to the home game against Man Utd, we have the squad to cope with this.

Today's was a bit of a headscratcher for me when I saw it, I didn't know Sakho was out due to injury. Moreno & Sturridge on the bench, looked a weird one. Got away with it / it worked - not sure which tbh.

That is if we get knocked out of he Europa league next round games are before the Swansea and united games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The match thread saps have been fed after midnight and are now Liverpool. Gremlins. Here's a few them watching a stream today.

Where did Turty get the 3D specs from?

• Advertisement

Wouldnt write the saints off yet, they bossed us for most of that game, a few refs decisions went their way and it was curtains for us today. We still have it all to do still in the race for 4th , we are still dependent on a lot of teams falling off.

They're not 3D specs,they're his normal specs. Fucking hipster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think Defensive Errors leading to a goal might be a better name for that because there have been plenty of defensive errors. Just haven't been punished for them.

That's nearly better.

You can't rely on each individual not making any mistakes.

It's how you deal with mistakes that determines how good a defence you have.

Gbear wrote: »
    That's nearly better.

You can't rely on each individual not making any mistakes.

It's how you deal with mistakes that determines how good a defence you have.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,356 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

There are so many things I'm delighted with.

I'm delighted that there seems to be a top class keeper in Mignolet starting to get out.

I'm delighted with the 3 man defence. Lovren looked understandably nervous today, but on the whole they're all looking so assured.

I'm delighted with Emre Can. Proper player.

I'm delighted with Lucas, and how his form this season helped turn things around for the club.

I'm delighted with Coutinho, little magician. He still needs to find real consistency to be considered anywhere near the Silvas or Sanchezes of this world, but he has some stardust sprinkled on him.

I'm delighted with Sterling. He's taken the brunt of the attacking responsibility on his shoulders for most of the season, even through the rough times, and never wilted. Superstar in the making.

I'm delighted with how our general philosophy has changed as our new players have bedded in. We haven't tried to be the same team as last season. We've tightened up, we've put a real DM in, we've found a way of playing that can win ugly as well as beautiful.

Continuing on from that, I'm delighted with our manager right now. He stayed calm while fans like me seriously questioned his credentials. There are still question marks over him, in particular how he spends money. But what is not in question is the character of the man IMO. He is an excellent coach who the players clearly respect and are willing to play for. He's learning on the job, which was always going to be tricky, but he's come through every difficulty in the only way you can - winning games.

But do you know what I'm most delighted with?

The reaction of rival fans. It's sweet.

We were largely irrelevant before Christmas.

Now though, they're talking.

They're bitching. They're moaning. They're throwing digs and jibes.

My Facebook feed is filled with bitterness. A couple of months ago, rival fans were openly calling Liverpool fans out; laughing at us and ridiculing the club.

Last season was labelled a fluke, with our title challenge being exclusively put down as a combination of Suarez and no Europe.

They've largely shut right the fúck up.

I'm delighted we're showing that, you know what, everyone can fúck right off because we're actually a bloody good side.

Top 4 and a trophy. Bring it the fúck on.

It's the fourth place poster trophy.

So who's wearing the cap?

SlickRic wrote: »

I'm delighted that there seems to be a top class keeper in Mignolet starting to get out.

I'm delighted with the 3 man defence. Lovren looked understandably nervous today, but on the whole they're all looking so assured.

I'm delighted with Emre Can. Proper player.

I'm delighted with Lucas, and how his form this season helped turn things around for the club.

I'm delighted with Coutinho, little magician. He still needs to find real consistency to be considered anywhere near the Silvas or Sanchezes of this world, but he has some stardust sprinkled on him.

I'm delighted with Sterling. He's taken the brunt of the attacking responsibility on his shoulders for most of the season, even through the rough times, and never wilted. Superstar in the making.

I'm delighted with how our general philosophy has changed as our new players have bedded in. We haven't tried to be the same team as last season. We've tightened up, we've put a real DM in, we've found a way of playing that can win ugly as well as beautiful.

Continuing on from that, I'm delighted with our manager right now. He stayed calm while fans like me seriously questioned his credentials. There are still question marks over him, in particular how he spends money. But what is not in question is the character of the man IMO. He is an excellent coach who the players clearly respect and are willing to play for. He's learning on the job, which was always going to be tricky, but he's come through every difficulty in the only way you can - winning games.

But do you know what I'm most delighted with?

The reaction of rival fans. It's sweet.

We were largely irrelevant before Christmas.

Now though, they're talking.

They're bitching. They're moaning. They're throwing digs and jibes.

My Facebook feed is filled with bitterness. A couple of months ago, rival fans were openly calling Liverpool fans out; laughing at us and ridiculing the club.

Last season was labelled a fluke, with our title challenge being exclusively put down as a combination of Suarez and no Europe.

They've largely shut right the fúck up.

I'm delighted we're showing that, you know what, everyone can fúck right off because we're actually a bloody good side.

Top 4 and a trophy. Bring it the fúck on.

Top four trophy and a trophy. Going for the double, maybe even treble if we keep up the form we might get calendar year trophy.

So 4th on goal difference and the winning Europa League.

2776352-5018973633-tumbl.gif

Wouldnt write the saints off yet, they bossed us for most of that game, a few refs decisions went their way and it was curtains for us today. We still have it all to do still in the race for 4th , we are still dependent on a lot of teams falling off.

Not really, only need to stay above who is now behind us and overtake S'ton & Man Utd, we have to play Utd at home, from a dependency point of view we are only depending on S'ton to fall away.

Neither us, Utd, Spurs or S'ton will win all 12 of the remaining games but we aren't depending on others anymore.

Position Points
    Chelsea 60
    Man City 55
    Arsenal 48
    Man Utd 47
    Southampton 46
    Liverpool 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This is all getting a bit out of hand.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This is all getting a bit out of hand.

All the usual sh1t will return as soon as we drop points, fear not.

Not really, only need to stay above who is now behind us and overtake S'ton & Man Utd, we have to play Utd at home, from a dependency point of view we are only depending on S'ton to fall away.

Neither us, Utd, Spurs or S'ton will win all 12 of the remaining games but we aren't depending on others anymore.

Position Points
    Chelsea 60
    Man City 55
    Arsenal 48
    Man Utd 47
    Southampton 46
    Liverpool 45

We got Arsenal , City and United in our next three games, get nothing from them three games and goodbye fourth. We win all three and we are in with a shout. Still a lot to play for

Great and all as this run we're on is it just makes the horrific start we had even more annoying really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

City beating Chelsea to the title would be nice also, on top of us getting top 4. Not that i could give two shiney sh1tes bout City, just because...Chelsea like.

We got Arsenal , City and United in our next three games, get nothing from them three games and goodbye fourth. We win all three and we are in with a shout. Still a lot to play for

Win all three and I reckon we should be eyeing at least 1st.

I really enjoy this post December run thing.

Be nice if the team could add a pre January run to it next time.

Great and all as this run we're on is it just makes the horrific start we had even more annoying really.

Nah, it got all the Southampton Fan's hopes up and now we can proceed to dash them.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

SlickRic wrote: »

I'd like the put Lovrens performance down to nerves too. I can't imagine Rodgers would play him unless he had improved in training. Really hope he eventually becomes the player we signed him to be. Kolo's not getting any younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Everything is................ awesome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All the usual sh1t will return as soon as we drop points, fear not.

I mean the Turty shaming.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nah, it got all the Man Utd Fan's hopes up and now we can proceed to dash them.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Burnley and Swansea are in between them.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Burnley and Swansea are in between them.

2 Monday night games yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I mean the Turty shaming.

Back-To-The-Future-2-3-D-s-3-D-Glasses-4.jpg

Not sure what you are talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Burnley is Wednesday night.

• Advertisement

Burnley is midweek.

Swansea a Monday I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,273 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Our next 3 games in the league are Man City, Burnley and Swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Impressive Rock Bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Taken fromJohn Gibbons player ratings from TAW on Danny Sturridge.
    Reminds of when you watch Forrest Gump and he’s just had his leg braces took off. You know he is going to be boss at running soon, but for a while you have to watch him stumbling about like he’s forgotten what to do. This is that bit. Next week, Touchdown.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement