Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Corholio wrote: »
    In fairness Bristol Rovers are just a club who have made their interest known through an interview, doesn't mean there aren't higher up clubs after him as well so I think it's quite flimsy to say it's an indictment of a whole league just from that.

You've taken my comment out of context. I did say that he was over in England last winter trying to get a club higher up the leagues and failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In fairness Bristol Rovers are just a club who have made their interest known through an interview, doesn't mean there aren't higher up clubs after him as well so I think it's quite flimsy to say it's an indictment of a whole league just from that.

Its an indictment on Towell in fairness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Were Bolton not looking at both Towell and Horgan at the start of the Summer?

Wilberto wrote: »
    Were Bolton not looking at both Towell and Horgan at the start of the Summer?

Think he scouted them last may but there's been nothing since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I don't know if that's it at all. Towell is pretty mobile himself but does have a lot of deficiencies in his game.
    Would be interested to hear what you think his weaknesses are. Also how often do you watch him play? Seems to be a lot of expert opinions on league of Ireland players when at most they see these players play four or five times a season.
    At the end of the day he failed to get games at hibs.
    He was a 20 year old kid who was being played at right back. Not Richie's fault that Pat Fenlon couldn't see he was a natural midfielder.

He went over last year looking for a championship club and there were no bites.
    He went for one trial at Cardiff two days after winning the league with Dundalk. In fairness to him it wasn't great timing for a trial.

• Advertisement

Would be interested to hear what you think his weaknesses are. Also how often do you watch him play? Seems to be a lot of expert opinions on league of Ireland players when at most they see these players play four or five times a season.

His weaknesses are he tends to drift in and out of games. The Bate games really highlighted this. He was very good over there but then he can back and was a ghost.

He was a 20 year old kid who was being played at right back. Not Richie's fault that Pat Fenlon couldn't see he was a natural midfielder.

"20years old is a kid? He ended up at hibs because he had failed at celtic. He surely knew he had to grab his chance with both hands. It's common for midfielders to start at right back as it helps young players get a feel for senior football without being thrown straight into the engine room. Steven Gerrard springs to mind as a player who debuted at right back. After Hibs Towell went to bluebell and looked like he was going to drop out of football. Fair play to him though he made a go of it at Dundalk. "

He went for one trial at Cardiff two days after winning the league with Dundalk. In fairness to him it wasn't great timing for a trial.
    " He put out the feelers at championship level letting clubs know he was interested in trialing. Cardiff and Blackpool came back to him. He spent a few weeks at Blackpool and Cardiff training with them but in the end they weren't interested. "

" I will admit I've seen Towell once this season live v sligo rovers and he scored a penalty. He was tidy from general play but certainly not world class or anything like it. I must have watched every Dundalk game that was on TV this year as I enjoy their style of play. They've been live a fair bit between league, cup and CL games. I also regularly watch highlights on SR. I also saw a similar amount of him last year. I think I've certainly watched enough of him to have an opinion. He looks to be around the forrester level perhaps with a better physique which has helped him score goals against part timers. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

I seen almost every game Towell has played for Dundalk this season. He is a minimum severn out of ten in each game. The number of goals he has scored from midfield in phenomenal in any league. He doesn't just play as an attacking midfielder, he is frequently in his own box tracking runners and making tackles.

I am not an expert on League 2. Perhaps, the standard is very high as some appear to think.

Personally, I would be very happy to see Richie sign a contract extension with Dundalk and watch him play in the Campions league again next summer.

I don't think Swindon or Morecambe are world beaters but they are full time pro sides. Sadly Towell hasn't been tested against too many of those in the LOI.
    I'd prefer to be critical of the league because I'd like to see it improve, there's no point in burying our heads in the sand.

His weaknesses are he tends to drift in and out of games. The Bate games really highlighted this. He was very good over there but then he can back and was a ghost.
    One of his greatest assets is his supreme fitness so he rarely drifts out of games and is the one still full of running at the end of games.

As you say he played well against Bate over in Belarus and like the rest of our team he was kept quiet in the return leg. So in a conversation asking can he cut it at league 2 level you're using the fact he only performed in 90 minutes out of 180 against a Champions League side as a stick to beat him with. The very fact he played well over in Belarus is more relevant to the argument than him having a quiet game in the return leg.

He was also the best player on the pitch against Hajduk Split when we beat them in Croatia in 2013.
    20years old is a kid? He ended up at hibs because he had failed at celtic. He surely knew he had to grab his chance with both hands. It's common for midfielders to start at right back as it helps young players get a feel for senior football without being thrown straight into the engine room. Steven Gerrard springs to mind as a player who debuted at right back. After Hibs Towell went to bluebell and looked like he was going to drop out of football. Fair play to him though he made a go of it at Dundalk.
    Yep, 20 years old is still young in footballing terms. Plenty of examples of players who took a while to get their career going. Didier Drogba, Miriam Klose, Kevin Phillips, Ian Wright etc.
    He put out the feelers at championship level letting clubs know he was interested in trialing. Cardiff and Blackpool came back to him. He spent a few weeks at Blackpool and Cardiff training with them but in the end they weren't interested.
    He didn't have a trial at Blackpool. They offered him one and he turned them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

League 2 is a poor standard. Towell should be moving to high League One- mid Championship level. He is much different player to the one that played at Hibs, much more athletic and has the technical ability for that level.

Forrester doing very well with Peterborough and he can improve alot physically.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    One of his greatest assets is his supreme fitness so he rarely drifts out of games and is the one still full of running at the end of games.

As you say he played well against Bate over in Belarus and like the rest of our team he was kept quiet in the return leg. So in a conversation asking can he cut it at league 2 level you're using the fact he only performed in 90 minutes out of 180 against a Champions League side as a stick to beat him with. The very fact he played well over in Belarus is more relevant to the argument than him having a quiet game in the return leg.

He was also the best player on the pitch against Hajduk Split when we beat them in Croatia in 2013.

Yep, 20 years old is still young in footballing terms. Plenty of examples of players who took a while to get their career going. Didier Drogba, Miriam Klose, Kevin Phillips, Ian Wright etc.

He didn't have a trial at Blackpool. They offered him one and he turned them down.

Suppose the obvious question is....if he is any good why isnt he in England playing professional football against professional players?

Please dont give me that he wants Champions League football at Barca type bollox.

Now for fairness I always doubted (and still kinda do) that Forrester has the singleminded drive to be a professional footballer. Something I hope to be proved wrong on. I was never in doubt about his ability.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Suppose the obvious question is....if he is any good why isn't he in England playing professional football against professional players?

Please dont give me that he wants Champions League football at Barca type bollox.

Now for fairness I always doubted (and still kinda do) that Forrester has the singleminded drive to be a professional footballer. Something I hope to be proved wrong on. I was never in doubt about his ability.
    Come on dreamers, open your eyes. You watch this league. Surely you can see Towell is good enough for League One.

It's too simple to say he mustn't be any good if he isn't playing in England. If this was 2007 and people were saying to you 'If Keith Fahey is so good how come he isn't playing in England?" what would your response be?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

It's too simple to say he mustn't be any good if he isn't playing in England.

The default barstooler opinion on every decent player in the LOI? Using this logic Forrester was crap earlier this year. However, now he has got away from the LOI, Peterborough are making him into a decent player.

I don't buy it. Forrester was good three months ago, last year, and three years ago.

Same with Towell.

Come on dreamers, open your eyes. You watch this league. Surely you can see Towell is good enough for League One.

It's too simple to say he mustn't be any good if he isn't playing in England. If this was 2007 and people were saying to you 'If Keith Fahey is so good how come he isn't playing in England?" what would your response be?

Pighead perfect answer.....

Fahey in 2008 "got out" of the league with sheer singleminded drive to be a professional footballer in a better league. You did happen to pick the perfect example of what a player has to do to get out. Im not Faheys biggest fan but I know what he did to get out of this league and into the Premier league.

Did you see that level of effort from Towell/ Forrester? Fahey dominated teams over here on his own for 90 minutes in that season.

Also Brum signed him based on mostly 2 games......2 games vs Hertha.
    The default barstooler opinion on every decent player in the LOI? Using this logic Forrester was crap earlier this year. .

I dont disagree with that logic and it has merit until you are playing vs better players you cant really be judged, in a simpler sense everyone knows a a savage 5 a side player who vanishes on a 11 a side pitch. Every under 12 team has a player who beats everyone and scores then goes to a better team and is a goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The default barstooler opinion on every decent player in the LOI? Using this logic Forrester was crap earlier this year. However, now he has got away from the LOI, Peterborough are making him into a decent player.

I don't buy it. Forrester was good three months ago, last year, and three years ago.

Same with Towell.
    I think, like Forrester, he is good enough to go there and see how he gets on. Give it 2 years and interesting to see if either player is an established first team player at that level still. No reason why either one won't, but I wouldn't be banking on either one firing their way up the leagues either.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Same with Towell.

As a barstooler for most LOI stuff since I can't make the games, I always thought Forrester oozed class. Don't pin this on the stool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Towell was, along with Robbie Brady, the outstanding player in an Ireland u 21 side that has already produced a few full internationals. He has bags of talent and has been performing consistently at a level well above the players around him for a few years. I hope he moves on, I'd like to see how far he can go.

Dundalk will struggle to replace him.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Towell was, along with Robbie Brady, the outstanding player in an Ireland u 21 side that has already produced a few full internationals. He has bags of talent and has been performing consistently at a level well above the players around him for a few years. I hope he moves on, I'd like to see how far he can go.

Dundalk will struggle to replace him.

Yeah they will have to move Finn inside and pick whatever winger they want.....Finn is the player now Rovers fans used to rave about years ago.

poor bastards....

LOI is comparable to Conference level on a whole.
    Are the players in LOI that could play at higher level? Yes
    Can the same be said of the conference? Yes
    L2 & L1 have 48 full time professional clubs where athletes like Towell are certainly more common than they are in LOI.( Notice I didn't say skill or quality. That's a never ending argument.)
    Has forrester even been mentioned for an ireland senior cap? No he will probably have to play at championship level just ask eoin doyle or until recently Adam Rooney.

Should we prioritise players playing at a high level. I believe so. But note the word playing. I think it's ridiculous choosing PL or championship bench warmers over lower league players playing well on a consistent basis.

Simply the quality in the LOI is not high enough across the board. This needs to change and I think I can. But talk of competing with L1&2 and having players getting ireland caps is nonsense.

Yeah they will have to move Finn inside and pick whatever winger they want.....Finn is the player now Rovers fans used to rave about years ago.

poor bastards....
    Finn won't score 20+ goals.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Finn won't score 20+ goals.

Would create half that for a decent striker whose name is not Mc Millan :D

Im not a believer of "take Towell outta team and they will struggle" think like any team that wins a league its the goals against that matter most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

Im not a believer of "take Towell outta team and they will struggle" think like any team that wins a league its the goals against that matter most.
    sum of the parts! we would have won the first division if that were true! instead we have 7 draws where wexford have 1!
    Top 3 in the premier have only a difference of 2 conceded, but much like the first division the top team is 20 goals for ahead of second.
    Easy to say Furlong was worth 6pts, Was Towell worth 11?

overshoot wrote: »
    sum of the parts! we would have won the first division if that were true! instead we have 7 draws where wexford have 1!
    Top 3 in the premier have only a difference of 2 conceded, but much like the first division the top team is 20 goals for ahead of second.
    Easy to say Furlong was worth 6pts, Was Towell worth 11?

Its 1st division your all **** in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Richie Towell is a different animal completly since his Hibs/Celtic. A much better athlete now & I definitley believe he is good enough for the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Its 1st division your all **** in fairness.

We're all **** in fairness :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Towell is a driven man these days,completely different from the one that played fb at Hibs & that returned from Scotland(almost a beat man) with a lot to prove.He has set the league here alight with performance after performance and 22 odd goals from mid-field(while being a 'Marked' man) That's no mean feat.There is no need for him to up his performance imo,he'll be good enough no matter where he go's just as long as he keeps ploughing on in his own inimitable fashion.
    Bristol Rovers have no chance in signing him,specially when they haven't even scouted the guy properly.
    Sometimes having your mind right for football is better than all the dollars any team can throw at you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

"

That's mad altogether. Is it definitely the same player we're talking about? That's one of the very last things I'd say about him. He's always looking for the ball and one thing I like about him, and saw it a lot down in Cork last week, is that he always seems to be already thinking of the next pass even before he gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That's mad altogether. Is it definitely the same player we're talking about? That's one of the very last things I'd say about him. He's always looking for the ball and one thing I like about him, and saw it a lot down in Cork last week, is that he always seems to be already thinking of the next pass even before he gets it.

I think it's pretty obvious that topmanamillion doesn't know what he's talking about regarding the league and just wants any opportunity to put it down. I'm not saying there aren't reasons to put it down, because there is tonnes, but some of yours are spurious at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Rory gaffney who after a few injury's has began playing for Cambridge, scored twice last week. That's league 2 his in, towell and Forrester are well ahead of him

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think it's pretty obvious that topmanamillion doesn't know what he's talking about regarding the league and just wants any opportunity to put it down. I'm not saying there aren't reasons to put it down, because there is tonnes, but some of yours are spurious at best.

Ah ya shur I don't even watch it at all.
    Forrester was routinely marked absent in games. Now he's making a bit of a go of it with a midtable L1 club but he'll have to play a full season to make any judgement. Towell is prone the same great 20mins and a lull. If he wants to play championship he can't afford the lull.
    I've been to all my clubs home games this season (sligo rovers) and I'll be the first to admit we've a piss poor defence. So do limerick, Galway, Longford although they Park the bus to cover it up, Derry, Bray and drogheda. These are the teams towell is playing against. That's the reason there's no one banging Dundalks door down and throwing money at them. He plays well but he's not spraying 30 yard passes or making cruyff turns every opportunity he gets.
    As for being marked closely watch a highlights reel of his goals there generally isn't a defender within 10 yards of him. Do you think he'd get that kind of space at league one or championship level? Not a hope.
    Just as an example Ipswich spend £100k+ on video analysis so they can keep creative players like Towell quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Ah ya shur I don't even watch it at all.
    Forrester was routinely marked absent in games. Now he's making a bit of a go of it with a midtable L1 club but he'll have to play a full season to make any judgement. Towell is prone the same great 20mins and a lull. If he wants to play championship he can't afford the lull.
    I've been to all my clubs home games this season (sligo rovers) and I'll be the first to admit we've a piss poor defence. So do limerick, Galway, Longford although they Park the bus to cover it up, Derry, Bray and drogheda. These are the teams towell is playing against. That's the reason there's no one banging Dundalks door down and throwing money at them. He plays well but he's not spraying 30 yard passes or making cruyff turns every opportunity he gets.
    As for being marked closely watch a highlights reel of his goals there generally isn't a defender within 10 yards of him. Do you think he'd get that kind of space at league one or championship level? Not a hope.
    Just as an example Ipswich spend £100k+ on video analysis so they can keep creative players like Towell quiet.

I agree with all of this. If Towell was as good as people say he was he would be gone already, simple as. Reality is is that the LOI premier division is currently at a very low standard. Dundalk are good, I think they would be alright in L2, Cork City, Rovers, Pats, Bohs are average, the rest are struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Towell might not stand out in the championship but I would think he would be able to hold his own at least for a mid table club. The last player I can remember standing out so much in the league was Keith Fahey and he didn't fare too badly when he went to England, it's never going to be a sure thing that he will succeed of course, I would have though Jason Byrne would do well but for some reason it didn't click for him, then you have guys like McClean who arguably weren't as good but is now playing regular premier league and international football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The story I heard was he's on good money, his OH is on good money, there's a baby on the way and he'd want to getting 5-6k a week for it to be worth his while, which is championship money.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CHealy wrote: »
    I agree with all of this. If Towell was as good as people say he was he would be gone already, simple as. Reality is is that the LOI premier division is currently at a very low standard. Dundalk are good, I think they would be alright in L2, Cork City, Rovers, Pats, Bohs are average, the rest are struggling.

How good are people saying he is? I haven't seen too many over the top comments on that to be honest. More than ever now players have to balance what is actually good for them rather than just the 'playing in England' thing. I've no doubt he's had offers to go to England before now as well so I don't think it's a case of the 'he would be gone already' scenario.

So to replace Towell they need a top class forward, something there are none of anywhere right now, plus a winger.

Even at that, Finn is not as good as Towell. They might not struggle, since the standard of the league is currently woeful, but it won't be near as easy.

• Advertisement

The story I heard was he's on good money, his OH is on good money, there's a baby on the way and he'd want to getting 5-6k a week for it to be worth his while, which is championship money.

I've heard he's on about 1500/week and Fyffe are essentially paying his wages.

I've heard also he has taken up part time work. This may be due to having a baby on the way. But may also be due to the fact he is aware if England doesn't materialise he will have to look for other work away from football when he is in his mid30s and "spent my whole life kicking a ball around" doesn't exactly stand out to potential employers.

He has a real dilemia. I don't think he's ready for championship as there's a massive step up from L1-championship. Forrester was in a similar situation with having a young family and he had to take a punt on peterborough as no championship club wanted him. I feel Towell will have to do likewise.

CHealy wrote: »

Gonna pull the utter bulll**** on this one.

The LOI has better players now more than it has ever had in all teams, everyone but Cork and Rovers actually try to play football and have signed players that fit that bill.

Every player playing now is technically better than most that have come before and that will improve as coaching techniques filter upwards.

The LOI has better players now more than it has ever had in all teams, everyone but Cork and Rovers actually try to play football and have signed players that fit that bill.

Every player playing now is technically better than most that have come before and that will improve as coaching techniques filter upwards.
    Don't agree at all particularly with the two examples you named.
    Cork and Shams have been rightly slammed for playing boring defensive football. Cork went out to Iceland and blew a goal lead playing conservative football.
    Did you watch the Shams v Limerick game last weekend where limerick lost but still played a much more attractive brand of football than Shams?
    Or how about the televised game a couple of months back against Cork and shams which was a bore fest where both teams struggled to string a few passes together?

I hope the standard improves and hopefully the underage leagues can go along way to doing that. But right now the quality on offer is certainly lower than the early to mid 00s when we had about 8full time clubs.

I hope the standard improves and hopefully the underage leagues can go along way to doing that. But right now the quality on offer is certainly lower than the early to mid 00s when we had about 8full time clubs.

I dont agree with that at all, I look at footballers all over the world with the same idea Touch, Technique and Vision. After that you see can what they are told to do by their managers.

Buckley is all about expressing themselves, Kenny is about a system that suits who he has and how they shape themselves etc

In the LOI i see players TTV and what they try to do, i think you may actually hate football or something. I can see even good play in the MLS ffs rather than 18 super fit lads running about like mad things with 4 players that used to be decent when arsed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Towell is prone the same great 20mins and a lull. If he wants to play championship he can't afford the lull.

Without Towell's goals, Dundalk would've finished 19 points lower and down around Pats. That's some lull.

The strength of the league is defence and the key players are holding midfielders, Healy at Cork, Cregg at Rovers and Shields at Dundalk. There's not many top strikers in the league and any creativity is stifled by 451s where most teams are more comfortable playing away on the counter attack and the likes of Kilduff can go for €15,000.

Anyone having a huge impact from midfield will attract attention and Dundalk can get away with Meenan/McMillan/Kilduff. He should be showing greater ambition than league 2.

• Advertisement

dfx- wrote: »
    Without Towell's goals, Dundalk would've finished 19 points lower and down around Pats. That's some lull.

The strength of the league is defence and the key players are holding midfielders, Healy at Cork, Cregg at Rovers and Shields at Dundalk. There's not many top strikers in the league and any creativity is stifled by 451s where most teams are more comfortable playing away on the counter attack and the likes of Kilduff can go for €15,000.

Anyone having a huge impact from midfield will attract attention and Dundalk can get away with Meenan/McMillan/Kilduff. He should be showing greater ambition than league 2.
    I agree. I don't disagree with anything you've said there. Alot of teams are highly defensive. The lad above your comment is trying to argue with me that I'm some sort of anti soccer type villan. There's a serious dearth of attacking players.

I believe Towell is aiming for championship level, so ambition is no problem there just doesn't seem to be any suitors at that level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

There's not a dearth of attacking players, there's a lack of strikers. There's excellent creative midfielders and wingers, suited to counterattacks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Yeah, we should be more like Pats. The team that finished nine points behind us, with a worse attack and defence, who lost three times to us, including a 4-0 hammering, and who had to rely on us to get them a European spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Imagine if Cork and Rovers actually tried to play football so, they've score far more goals in the league than every other side bar dundalk of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Yeah, we should be more like Pats. The team that finished nine points behind us, with a worse attack and defence, who lost three times to us, including a 4-0 hammering, and who had to rely on us to get them a European spot.

They would've gotten it themselves as they didn't lose to Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't think he said Pat's were better Cork this season, did he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Omackeral wrote: »
    They would've gotten it themselves as they didn't lose to Galway.

They relied on us (and Dundalk) getting to the Cup Final to push the European spot down to 4th.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't think he said Pat's were better Cork this season, did he?

We clearly play better football than ye, considering we've outclassed ye both on the pitch and throughout the season as a whole.

Or you could what I posted and understand it? I can break it down into Corkeenie for you? Maybe throw in a few big letters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Go away ya clown, have you just started following LOI since 2013 or have ya been around a bit longer? The league now is no where near what it was in the 2000's. Bohs, Shels, City even the Derry team and Rovers of 10' and 11' would walk away with the league the way it is at the moment. As I said, its a poor league bar Dundalk, who take advantage of how poor the other teams are. Hopefully over the next few seasons we see teams like Sligo, Derry, Bohs join the ranks of City, Rovers, Pats and Dundalk to have a really competitive league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kenny Browne has confirmed on Twitter that he's left Pat's.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement