Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Talk, Rumors, Gossip, Transfers etc 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    who failed on the weekly thread?

Killian missed a peno and scored a header! Not happy with our lack of shots for all the ball we have.
    Missed the peno out of guilt I'd say. That dive in the box was comical. Sean Thornton was unreal all evening in midfield for Drogs. Unlucky to be on the losing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Fantasy stuff like, but if Dundalk qualified for the Champions League
    €12.8m guaranteed flat payment from UEFA
    As part of BT's market share they could net another €10m
    Gate receipts

What would ye Dundalk fans want done with the money if it happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Gate receipts

Cocaine & hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

qwabercd wrote: »
    Cocaine & hookers.

And waste the rest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Gate receipts

Rosenborg II

I just imagine the Dundalk players coming out of the tunnel wearing fur coats and carrying pimp canes.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Heading to Buckley Park tonight for the first time in almost 10 years, woop, woop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Youths 2-3 Bray tonight in a friendly at Ferrycarrig Park. Useful workout, but never a great spectacle when each team make around 6 or 7 subs each. Really excellent goal from Danny Furlong being the highlight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Youths 2-3 Bray tonight in a friendly at Ferrycarrig Park. Useful workout, but never a great spectacle when each team make around 6 or 7 subs each. Really excellent goal from Danny Furlong being the highlight

Onwubiko looked deadly too I think, good goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

A Galway United XI beat some children from Liverpool 1-0 today in front of 2200 very wet people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

A Galway United XI beat some children from Liverpool 1-0 today in front of 2200 very wet people.

Best. Match Report. Ever. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

Plot twist: it didn't rain all day.

Finished 2-2 at Buckley Park between a Billy Walsh selection and an Alfie Hale selection. Former players and hurlers showed up. Billy Walsh had his brothers Ollie (ex Bohs) and Mickey (hurling keeper), Dave Mulcahy, Liam Simpson (hurler), Jim Nugent, Brian McEvoy (hurler), Brian Jordon, Conor Best, Mark and Niall Andrews and Peter Murtagh (I know I've forgotten some). Who I remember from Alfie Hale's XI are Moc Ried, Paul Devereux, David Breen, Rocky Maher, Andy Comerford (hurler), Squeeler Walsh, Paul Cashin, Mickey Comerford and Paschal Keane. The goals were scored by Niall Andrews (a cracker which I missed because I was giving someone my email) and a Billy Walsh peno, for Alfie Hale's team, Mickey Comerford and Squeeler.

Dave Mul was running the show despite not looking like he ever got out of first gear, Moc Reid was deadly, he was slow back in the day and I'd say he hasn't got any slower. There wasn't much of a crowd there, which I don't know whether it was down to bad publicity or not much of an appetite in Kilkenny for soccer. I didn't see many of the former supporters there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Seemingly, if Dundalk get knocked out of the Champions League during the week, the match against Cork City at Oriel Park will be next Sunday at 6 and live on RTÉ. If they go through against BATE, it'll be postponed for another weekday as Dundalk would be playing the 3rd round the following week. With the Pats game postponed as well, we could really do without having these two and Rovers in midweek matches in August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

If we beat Bate our league tie's V Bray and Longford and League Cup semi V Galway will be off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    Seemingly, if Dundalk get knocked out of the Champions League during the week, the match against Cork City at Oriel Park will be next Sunday at 6 and live on RTÉ. If they go through against BATE, it'll be postponed for another weekday as Dundalk would be playing the 3rd round the following week. With the Pats game postponed as well, we could really do without having these two and Rovers in midweek matches in August.

The FAI's stance on helping out clubs in Europe is bizarre. I know they want them to progress as far as possible, but not all these clubs are amateur or semi pro, Dundalk are full time professionals and can easily deal with 3 games in 7 days. Strange policy.

SantryRed wrote: »
    The FAI's stance on helping out clubs in Europe is bizarre. I know they want them to progress as far as possible, but not all these clubs are amateur or semi pro, Dundalk are full time professionals and can easily deal with 3 games in 7 days. Strange policy.

I would prefer not to risk injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Sligo released both warren and Folan, would have thought there was worse than them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sligo released both warren and Folan, would have thought there was worse than them

Getting rid of the nastys by any chance??

CHealy wrote: »
    Getting rid of the nastys by any chance??

hard to know, folan had a bad rep but cant say i heard of him stepping out of line and he played well for us

warren i know nothing about, only he looked decent enough,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Folan left for personal reasons, think his Dad isn't well. However committee would want to tell the fans their strategy and quick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Assume you mean Wearen?

He's been linked back to Bohs, would be happy to have him.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Folan left for personal reasons, think his Dad isn't well. However committee would want to tell the fans their strategy and quick.

We have a strategy? :confused:

Would have preferred to keep Folan and get rid of Peers. Folan came with a bad reputation but I never heard of him causing any bother at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I wouldn't mind Pat's signing Wearen up tbh. I think he's a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I do hope Galway would be interested in Folan if he wants to head back home to his Da. Fat chance of that happening.

Oat23 wrote: »
    We have a strategy? :confused:

Would have preferred to keep Folan and get rid of Peers. Folan came with a bad reputation but I never heard of him causing any bother at all.

Agreed, peers and keane have been great servants but seem to be causing friction behind the scenes,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Agreed, peers and keane have been great servants but seem to be causing friction behind the scenes,

Looks like Patrick Nzuzi (ex-Limerick) is playing against Motherwell tonight. Trial I guess. Keane might be leaving as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Peers very defensive on a srambanter thread earlier when a fan said he had issues and wouldn't play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Oat23 wrote: »
    Looks like Patrick Nzuzi (ex-Limerick) is playing against Motherwell tonight. Trial I guess. Keane might be leaving as well?
    Don't think we can afford to lose Keane. He can play centre back and we don't have any of those.

I have been moaning for years about my teammates missing on some ****ty night in January when Arsenal or whoever are on the box in champions league. Tonight I will be doing the same to watch Dundalk on the box, erm, I mean to rest that dodgy foot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I do hope Galway would be interested in Folan if he wants to head back home to his Da. Fat chance of that happening.

I'm sure Dunne is interested in a lot of people, but the money isn't there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement