Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PauloMN wrote: »
    What's your take on tomorrow's game lads? Feeling confident we can do it over two legs, so long as tomorrow doesn't go disastrously wrong. Looks like they have their own problems, their on-loan goal scorer Finnbogason has just left so hopefully we can take advantage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19252342

Would like to see Commons start, he's got our two league goals and played well v Helsinki. Seems to be getting back similar form to when he joined us. Hooper with Commons playing off him, and Sammy out left. Bring Forrest on later depending on how things are going.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw tomorrow.

Ya but they signed some Norwegian striker today. Avoid defeat tomorrow and i'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its going to be a tough match, I expect them to be well organised over both legs. I want Celtic to start both halves tomorrow switched on and playing at a good tempo from the start. They might have lost Finnbogason but the new guy will be given a confidence boost by some Kelvin Wilson 'dithering' at some stage!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its going to be a tough match, I expect them to be well organised over both legs. I want Celtic to start both halves tomorrow switched on and playing at a good tempo from the start. They might have lost Finnbogason but the new guy will be given a confidence boost by some Kelvin Wilson 'dithering' at some stage!

Wilson.... please God noooooooo! A player who inspires less confidence in me than Gary Caldwell. Rogne and Charlie at centre back for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I keep forgetting about Rogne! For some reason, I always think he's injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

You're usually right!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RoryMac wrote: »
    You're usually right!

Yes, I really should preface that with "in the unlikely event of him being fit", I'd play him. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

No one gives a rats arse eh? **** sake give it a rest will ya, you're embarrassing yourself with your obsession with them

Getting thanks from BBE seems to be your obsession.

Thats it, ignore the substantive issue and if people want to agree with my post, so what? I couldnt give a **** who thanks me , i certainly am not pandering to him as im sure he will vouch, as we have had plenty of run ins in the past and will, no doubt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

As I said earlier in the thread delusional I suggest you get help for that

Thats it, ignore the substantive issue and if people want to agree with my post, so what?
    What substantive issue are you blathering about? I see you making comments and jibes about them all the time. It's not up to you to decide the general flow of conversation around here.
    I couldnt give a **** who thanks me , i certainly am not pandering to him as im sure he will vouch, as we have had plenty of run ins in the past and will, no doubt in the future.

Essentially I called you out on some kind of an attempt by you to control the comments here - which is not your place - and you've been sore about it ever since. So much so that you've dragged it from one thread into another. Cop on will ya, they are giving you thanks because they are enjoying the spectacle of two Celtic fans arguing.

As I said earlier in the thread delusional I suggest you get help for that

What's delusional about it, you've been thanking all his posts in this conversation. You've got him dancing to your tune alright, whether he knows it or not:pac:

What substantive issue are you blathering about? I see you making comments and jibes about them all the time. It's not up to you to decide the general flow of conversation around here.

Your obsession with 'them'. Yes of course i make comments and jibes about them but i dont then engagae in hypocrisy by saying i dont give a rats arse about them when i do. You say you dont care yet in nearly every post you have a dig at them.

Essentially I called you out on some kind of an attempt by you to control the comments here - which is not your place - and you've been sore about it ever since. So much so that you've dragged it from one thread into another. Cop on will ya, they are giving you thanks because they are enjoying the spectacle of two Celtic fans arguing.

I'm not in the business of trying to control anything. I merely commented on your tiresome bahviour. I wasnt going to bring it up in this new thread until i saw you boasting about how you put me in my box. And i reiterate i couldnt give a **** who thanks my posts, it's no big deal anyway. I casually thank posts if i tend to agree with them.

What's delusional about it, you've been thanking all his posts in this conversation. You've got him dancing to your tune alright, whether he knows it or not:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Congrats on derailing the new thread in an argument about nothing, there's enough sh1te that can't be avoided without ye 3 making up an argument. Anyways hooper mc court and Forrest are fit to play tonight, haven't heard about broony yet.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Congrats on derailing the new thread in an argument about nothing, there's enough sh1te that can't be avoided without ye 3 making up an argument. Anyways hooper mc court and Forrest are fit to play tonight, haven't heard about broony yet.

There is only one person responsible for the crap thats been going on here. If you look back you will see Lars and I were having a bit of a laugh when the plonker decided to derail the thread.

As for me and Collite being friends not a hope I respect some of his posts he at least try's to keep a discussion reasonable unlike the plonker himself.

Whats delusional is you thinking because I thanked his posts he is dancing to my tune.
    All this does is confirm it and makes it clear you are a wee bigot who can't understand the fact that Rangers and Celtic fans can agree and even understand one anothers point of view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

It's just the same old, same old CRAP as usual.....

More crap goes into this thread then goes down here, http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/07/29/1000-person-worlds-largest-restroom/

Your right this is an argument about nothing, coming closer to match time I for one wont give a rats ass about it;)

Agreed. I intend to get rat arsed when we qualify. truce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Before I start handing out cards to multiple users, I'll just say tone it down a little please folks.

Agreed. I intend to get rat arsed when we qualify. truce?

Getting rat arsed goes hand in hand with big Euro nights, let's hope they are CL nights in Europe this season. Peace man

Get a room you two.... :D

Really looking forward to this game tonight. Hope the team can build on the away win in Helsinki, and combined with the desire to play in the CL, can at least get an away goal or two to take back to Parkhead. Getting to the CL groups is what lads like Hooper, Kayal, Mulgrew etc. have dreamt about - time for them to show what they can do. Anything other than a loss tonight and I'd be very confident of CL football until Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There's a match on tonight, isn't it? Celtic playing Helsingborg, maybe some change of the topic required? ;)

Lars1916 wrote: »
    There's a match on tonight, isn't it? Celtic playing Helsingborg, maybe some change of the topic required? ;)

There is and I will watch it if I can't find anything better to do.

Oh wait we have been here before haven't we ;)

You know I thought it was adults on here but turns out I was wrong and someone went running to the mods bad day thats all I will say ;)

There is and I will watch it if I can't find anything better to do.

Oh wait we have been here before haven't we ;)

You know I thought it was adults on here but turns out I was wrong and someone went running to the mods bad day thats all I will say ;)

You remember the tiles in the bathrooms of the airport? Any airport of your choice ;)

There's a match on tonight, isn't it? Celtic playing Helsingborg, maybe some change of the topic required? ;)[/

you're determined to keep it going,please let us have some football chat

Have we many fans heading to Sweden tonight?

Who? Me? What did I do wrong now? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Would anyone question Lennon's position if this qualifier goes the wrong way and there's no champions league?

There's a match on tonight, isn't it? Celtic playing Helsingborg, maybe some change of the topic required? ;)[/

Rubbish
    1 I didn't start anything
    2 when did you become so innocent I seem to remember some digs in the Rangers thread from you or is that ok

All I have done is point out the fact that if someone is going to go running to the mods then this place is going downhill

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Would anyone question Lennon's position if this qualifier goes the wrong way and there's no champions league?

Not me. Had we not beaten Helsinki over two legs, I'd have expected some backlash against Lennon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

TheBuilder wrote: »

I don't think so, though a poor UEFA Cup campaign would lead to questions.

You can't justify questioning his position following the loss of a single tie

Domestically he can't but win the league. As a friend (Rangers fan, though not sure who his new team are :pac:) said to me recently, its like Oxford winning the boat race after Cambridge sunk

I expect some backlash, if there is no decent win against ICT on Saturday ;)

Have we many fans heading to Sweden tonight?

There's fcuk all tickets and they've given most of the allocation to Tom Crook. £299 for the day trip. The day trip that arrives four hours before KO

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't think so, though a poor UEFA Cup campaign would lead to questions.

You can't justify questioning his position following the loss of a single tie

Domestically he can't but win the league. As a friend (Rangers fan, though not sure who his new team are :pac:) said to me recently, its like Oxford winning the boat race after Cambridge sunk

Agreed. If the CL playoff goes wrong, I'd expect progress in the Europa League. We were quite unlucky not to progress last season, and it was an inexperienced team. I'd want to see Celtic getting past the groups of the Europa League if we didn't make the CL. Like you say, a poor Europa League would put Lennon under pressure.

Last season was very unlucky not to qualify, particularly given how difficult the group was. As you say though, progress this year is a must.

I think I'd prefer to finish third in the group and have a decent shot of a good run in the UEFA cup then to finish second and face the possibility of Barca, Real etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best of luck tonight. Fancy ye over 2 legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I fully expect Celtic to qualify over two legs - i think they'll score a couple at Parkhead, so as long as tonight ends without a shock they'll be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I think we'll win it..... Not just the tie, but the whole Champions League. :P
    Sure why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Forster

Izzaguire---Mulgrew---Rogne---Matthews

Kayal---Ledley---Brown

Commons---Samaras

Hooper

I think that's the best team for tonight.
    I'm confident of getting a result. If we play to our best and are fully focused then there's no reason why we can't leave with a win.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Forster

Izzaguire---Mulgrew---Rogne---Matthews

Kayal---Ledley---Brown

Commons---Samaras

Hooper

I think that's the best team for tonight.
    I'm confident of getting a result. If we play to our best and are fully focused then there's no reason why we can't leave with a win.

Same as I'd pick, just with the full backs on the right sides. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

My bad :D
    Not too long to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Coul've been a masterstroke - both full backs cutting in from the wings. ;)

Eirebear wrote: »
    Coul've been a masterstroke - both full backs cutting in from the wings. ;)

This is Celtic. Away from home. In Europe. Let's keep it real simple!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Tonight's game is live on both TV3 and ITV1. Come on Celtic. It won't be easy though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

This is Celtic. Away from home. In Europe. Let's keep it real simple!! :D:D

We need a Happy Gilmore approach.... Just taaaaaap it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Is the match on tv anywhere lads?

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Is the match on tv anywhere lads?

TV3, ITV, UTV, STV!

We need a Happy Gilmore approach.... Just taaaaaap it in.

I'd prefer a Rory McIlroy approach tonight myself! ;)

I think we'll win it..... Not just the tie, but the whole Champions League. :P
    Sure why not?

Yesssss, more drink for this man