Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15 Mod Warning post #6011

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

maclean is an awful ref - as bad a non-decision as you'll ever see, yes celtic didn't play well but would have won comfortably if the easiest decision to spot ever was made, it wasn't and it has cost them a treble and that's a disgrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

ICT would have been dead and buried in the first half if the officials done their job in a competent manner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Shocking decisions in a cup match decided the tie but fair play to ict, they showed more hunger when the game was there to be won

Tonev was an empty jersey.

You could see what it meant to John Hughes, pity Celtic players don't have his menality

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Tonev is absolutely ****e, commons was anonymous.

Relying on the same couple of players to drag us through games.

ICT showed great mentality to keep pushing for a winner but if it wasn't for a hilariously bad decision from the red that game was buried.

We were playing on an unofficial handicap system with the officials I reckon. Still should've won or taken it to penalties though.

Well done to John Hughes and his ICT team.

For Ronny Deila and the Celtic board it's time to concentrate on more important things, like what Celtic can do in Europe next season.

For those who want to see quality reffing. Even Meekins knew and was resigned to his rightful fate

KdnkoB.gif

sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

The sooner we play our football in another country the better. I don't even care where it is at this stage, I'd even take the LOI.

Anyone who tries to scoff at us winning a treble would do well to look at our cup games over the years. Routinely cheated.

Getting cheated out of the game aside, Gordon and Deila have to shoulder what little legitimate blame there is.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I think this is ill-advised if I'm honest:
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/8087
    WITH the Club being inundated today, Celtic can confirm that it has written to the SFA regarding yesterday’s match and in particular the incident involving Leigh Griffiths and Josh Meekings.

First and foremost we absolutely congratulate Inverness Caledonian Thistle on reaching the Scottish Cup final. They are a fantastic club and reaching the final is a great achievement.

However, given the level of reaction from our supporters and across football, we are duty bound to seek an understanding of what actually happened.

We have not been given any other specific explanation so far and this is simply to understand the circumstances of what went on and why such an obvious error was made.

I'm as pissed off as the next fan, but I don't see what is will achieve and I think will just give the media fodder to use against us. Hope I'm wrong.

Crazy that 6 officials missed such a crucial decision but I dont see the point of going public with this complaint. Its pandering, pointless and wont help Celtic in future matches.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I think this is ill-advised if I'm honest:
    http://www.celticfc.net/news/8087

I'm as pissed off as the next fan, but I don't see what is will achieve and I think will just give the media fodder to use against us. Hope I'm wrong.

It is pointless because the SFA already have priors for it. They will lie, admit to lying, then go on strike because they don't like being criticised for lying :rolleyes:

As for the media thing, I think to their credit the Scottish media haven't actually swept this one under the rug like they usually do. The papers were covered in stories about how it cost us, and they even printed the quotes from the Caley manager and players admitting the same.

I wasn't joking about us playing our football elsewhere, but I think a more realistic solution is to draft in foreign referees. For the big games at least.

I'm only half joking when I leave this pic here :pac:
    wu2u6y6.jpg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/inverness/317900-inverness-josh-meekings-charged-by-scottish-fa-over-celtic-handball/
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Josh Meekings has been hit with a Scottish FA notice of complaint over a handball incident in the Scottish Cup semi-final against Celtic.

The governing body’s compliance officer has offered the player a one-match ban, which could see him miss the final, with the club taking the matter to a disciplinary panel.

Action has been taken after a controversial incident in Sunday’s semi-final, which Caley Thistle won 3-2 in extra-time.

In a statement, Caley Thistle confirmed they will be contesting the decision.

It read: "Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC can confirm that it has declined the fixed one match suspension offer in relation to the Notice of Complaint issued to Josh Meekings following an alleged breach of Disciplinary Rule 200 at the ICTFC v Celtic game on Sunday, 19th March 2015.

Terrible decision (non-decision) at the time, and very hard for Celtic fans to take, but I'm baffled by this turn of events.

Is there any precedent for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

For those who want to see quality reffing. Even Meekins knew and was resigned to his rightful fate

KdnkoB.gif

We have lost 5 games domestically this season 3 of them have had Mclean as ref!!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Crazy that 6 officials missed such a crucial decision but I dont see the point of going public with this complaint. Its pandering, pointless and wont help Celtic in future matches.

Neither will shrugging shoulders and meekly accepting what is either gross incompetance or bias help us win matches in the future.

eire4 wrote: »
    Neither will shrugging shoulders and meekly accepting what is either gross incompetance or bias help us win matches in the future.

Lawwell is on the professional game's board. If he wanted better referees, there is his starting point about 2 years ago. This is just crying over spilt milk.

What they are doing to Meekings now is typical SFA nonsense

Dempsey wrote: »
    Lawwell is on the professional game's board. If he wanted better referees, there is his starting point about 2 years ago. This is just crying over spilt milk.

What they are doing to Meekings now is typical SFA nonsense

Right because Peter Lawwell is all powerful and if he wills it so be it!

No crying over spilled milk as you say just a refusal to meekly accept what is either gross incompetance or bias.

osarusan wrote: »
    Is there any precedent for this?
    The compliance officer has used video evidence to decide whether it was ok for Cifti to kick someone in the head (it was) and for McGowan to dive (it was). Also based on the Tonev precedent, Griffiths simply accusing him of handball is enough to have him banned,, even without any shred of evidence.

Nobody at Celtic wants Meekings banned, but him and his club have already admitted that he handballed it and video evidence proves it. If the referees are doing their job in a fair and honest manner he would be suspended anyway, and his team wouldn't even be in the Cup final.

MacLean and Muir are the ones who should be suspended.

Johansen rested from the starting line up tonight. Armstrong playing in his spot instead at Dundee tonight.

Right because Peter Lawwell is all powerful and if he wills it so be it!

No crying over spilled milk as you say just a refusal to meekly accept what is either gross incompetance or bias.

No, I said he's on the professional games board of Scottish football. He certainly does have a better position than most to fix issues in Scottish football. There has been nothing in recent years to improve refereeing standards despite all the incidents so he can take a share in that failure whilst he talks out the other side of his mouth about failures of something he can actually have some influence on.

• Advertisement

When they say they "offered" Meekings a 1 match ban, does that mean if he declines the offer that they'll charge him officially and he'll get a longer ban? Also is this offer of a suspension a Scottish thing, I know Boerrigter took the offer for a diving offense, haven't heard of it elsewhere?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    When they say they "offered" Meekings a 1 match ban, does that mean if he declines the offer that they'll charge him officially and he'll get a longer ban?

Yes for the first bit and maybe for the second bit. He might get off or he might get the same as offered

Yes for the first bit and maybe for the second bit. He might get off or he might get the same as offered

He'll surely reject the offer so and take his chances that he might get to play in the Final.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He'll surely reject the offer so and take his chances that he might get to play in the Final.

Which is exactly what Meekings has done

• Advertisement

And with the SFA's record, who can blame him?

Some of the outcry over a possible retrospective ban has been amusing. Where were they when Boerrigter was (rightly) banned?

Anyone remember this shocking decision from a ref yards away from the incident?

Yep, that is McClean again!

What a free kick from big Virgil again last night. A solid performance particuarly in the second half I thought and a vital 3 points. A defeat last night would have given Aberdeen some real Oxygen. Now the reverse is the case with a big 8 point lead and the goal difference effectively making it a 9 point lead.

3-0 to Celtic, hat trick from Griffiths :) I had a feeling we would get a dodgy peno after last weeks appalling non-decision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great result & decent performance, Griffith's is on a roll.

Poor decision from the ref for the penalty, was clearly outside the box

• Advertisement

It was a poor decision although it meant little. I very much doubt Gollum would have given that if it was 0-0

It was a poor decision although it meant little. I very much doubt Gollum would have given that if it was 0-0

What do you think the ref would have done if it was 0-0?

He looked to the pitch and saw a divet or mark inside the area and gave the pen on the basis of that but the initial challenge was on the calf.

For me just another example of how poor the refs in Scotland are.

He would have given a free kick about a yard outside the box

what's the story with mclean? was he reffing this weekend - he should never be allowed to ref celtic again

What a tale of 2 halfs today from Celtic. Very lackluster in the first half and the complete opposite in the second half. Moves us to within touching distance now of the title.

Stefan Johansen is voted fans player of the year at the clubs awards night. He shared the players player of the year award with Scott Brown. Jason Denayer gets the young player award.

Awful first half yesterday but booted on in the second. Think we've all seen enough Scottish football to know that we'd be gifted a meaningless penalty soon enough after last week. They all even themselves out timmy.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Stefan Johansen is voted fans player of the year at the clubs awards night. He shared the players player of the year award with Scott Brown. Jason Denayer gets the young player award.

Both very much deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Anyword on Denayer for next year?

I know City want him for their pre season but could he return to us then again for the season?

I presume Wakaso and Tonev wont be retained.

Denayer is better than Kompany so I would be very surprised if City didn't keep him, or at least loan him to a better team.

Intifada wrote: »
    Denayer is better than Kompany so I would be very surprised if City didn't keep him, or at least loan him to a better team.

What?!? :pac:

I know Kompany is over rated but that's nuts

• Advertisement

He's been rotten this season. Not saying Denayer would be in their first team but Kompany certainly shouldn't. Point being they will want him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thread closed, 10K posts.

New thread here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057420497

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement