Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea, 4pm SS1

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Panthro wrote: »
    Its called having a bit of cop on.
    Makes a welcome change to read through compared to the usual post match sniping BS to be honest.

Is it yeah? There wasn't much 'cop on' in the first half. It's like Ferguson praising you, you'd rather have him slagging you off. You know you're doing well.

If you're being praised by your rivals, it's only because they're happy.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is it yeah? There wasn't much 'cop on' in the first half. It's like Ferguson praising you, you'd rather have him slagging you off. You know you're doing well.

If you're being praised by your rivals, it's only because they're happy.

I don't think that's fair really. We would be praising Arsenal if they won today because we've now been saying for weeks that Arsenal are looking very good.

We didn't expect to get anything out of today. We were not the favourites to win. Arsenal have been flying it in the league and have an excellent team.

The reality is that today's result came down to a few awkwardly bouncing balls and it could have swung either way and I think either sets of fans would feel downtrodden if their team lost today.

The second half was shockingly boring but that was inevitable with the way the last few minutes of the first half went - Arsenal looked very close to scoring late in the 1st, so Chelsea were always going to hold on for a draw. If we'd continued to try for a win in the second half, we'd have lost by 2 or 3. Because that's how good Arsenal are right now. 2 or 3 goals better than Chelsea. IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

''Mourinho on afc fans' "boring, boring Chelsea" chant: "I think boring is 10 years without a title. That is boring"

I wonder is he familiar with the fact that Chelsea won 1 title in 100 years...now that's boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wonder is he familiar with the fact that Chelsea won 1 title in 100 years...now that's boring.

/facepalm

Why would Mourinho give a fook about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

/facepalm

Why would Mourinho give a fook about that?

Irony is lost on some.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Fair play to Chelsea. They will be deserving champions. The best defense in the country by a mile. They've also earned the right to play that more defensive the last couple of weeks by having a 10 point lead. They can play that attacking style aswell as they did in the first half of the season but have just grinded the results out the last couple of weeks and thats what you have to do. Performances don't really matter at this stage, results do.

Close game today, could have gone either way. Fair result in the end.

Arsenal definitely going in the right direction. A couple of good signings and they should be close next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Southampton surely have the best defence. More games played and less or the same conceded. Too lazy to get the exact figure. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Weird seeing john Terry celebrating not losing to arsenal, draw is pretty much what Chelsea wanted, arsenal did want to win to get the proverbial monkey off the back but Grand scheme of things it's really a nothing result both clubs Happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,353 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Weird seeing john Terry celebrating not losing to arsenal, draw is pretty much what Chelsea wanted, arsenal did want to win to get the proverbial monkey off the back but Grand scheme of things it's really a nothing result both clubs Happy.

It wasn't weird at all. The result clinched the title pretty much.

I'd have done the same and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Is anyone not worried that Oscar was allowed to play on if he was that concussed he had to go to hospital? Makes me seriously wonder about the professionality of the Chelsea staff... this isn't the first time they've allowed one of their players play on when they subsequently had to go to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

donfers wrote: »
    Wenger will be livid, he still can't beat a man whom he despises in Mourinho and I'd say it's eating away at his soul

Chelsea boring their way to the title, the only side you'd ever see high-fiving and fist-pumping after a 0-0

United did it one time in 2009 after a 0-0 versus Arsenal and they were the home side.

Is anyone not worried that Oscar was allowed to play on if he was that concussed he had to go to hospital? Makes me seriously wonder about the professionality of the Chelsea staff... this isn't the first time they've allowed one of their players play on when they subsequently had to go to hospital.

It's the sport in general, on so many levels. While it's levels of professionalism are so high in many respects, it could learn from many others when it comes to dealing with concussion, respecting the ref, using technology for decisions etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

''Mourinho on afc fans' "boring, boring Chelsea" chant: "I think boring is 10 years without a title. That is boring"

Must have hit a nerve if he felt the need to comment, the overwhelming majority of the times managers ignore that kind of thing even if asked about it.

Great response from Andrew Allan on Twitter:

"Not winning has been anything but boring ACTUALLY. You c*nt. It's been ****ing miserable. But, but, but...'**** club no history'..."

:pac:

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Man U did well getting 16 million for Danny Welbeck. The chap is sh!te.

Very honest Likeable hardworking guy but he has no football brain or instinct whatsoever.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Yeah id agree. The monkey will have to wait another few months (hopefully the charity shield ;)) but im satisfied we've taken a step in the right direction. I think we'll finish second and i am hoping that we can build on this season. Good game today. In truth i think the unofficial crowning of Chelsea was the smash and grab v QPR two weeks ago. Lose that and they may have encountered some turbulence in the run up but that win gave them great breathing room.

Nothing really against Chelsea and even remembered routing for them in the CL final in '12 but i hate that Mourinho. The media love in for him is hypocritical and sickening. For all of his smartarsery, he really is limited in ideas. Plan A, Defend and Plan B defend some more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It's pretty simple really, arsenal played to win the game, Chelsea played to win the league.

Some shockers from the ref in the first half but a decent game overall for a 0-0.

Considering we had no Remy or Costa and a half fit Drogba, coming away without defeat was a huge result, especially in the grand scheme of things, not that it makes a difference to the players but at least we can win the league at home next week if we beat Leicester mid week.

Advertisement