Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What women flush down the toilet!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Judging by the amount of make up removing wipes in the shops, someone must use them for that purpose. I've seen beach surveys which found heaps of used sanitary products along the shore. Of course women and men flush things down the toilet. Lazy people come in both genders. You can't just flush/throw things ''away.'' There is no ''Away''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

One of the must unnecessary blockage I ever came across was a couple of hundred cotton buds with plastic stems flushed down the toilet.

I find it hard to believe how anyone can be that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

SpitItOut wrote: »
    No one is disputing that!
    I dont understand this comment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't flush wipes of any kind or sanitary products down the toilet.

The lads in the house do though, despite me constantly giving out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Nine hundred and ninety nine springs to flush down, nine hundred and ninety nine springs...you flush one down, it swirls around...nine hundred and ninety eight springs to flush down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Foetus

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I'm not worried about the pipes, but the environment! Duh!

At a wild guess, women with their high maintenance bathroom habits are likely the main culprits. And all you're left with to say, is condoms.

I think it best if you just stuck with the biting one liners.

Firstly you're not being very specific. You haven't mentioned environmental concerns until now.

Secondly, not all women remove make up with wipes and/or cotton wool. There are cleansers that do that. And if they do they don't all flush them down the toilet.

Lastly, don't attack me for trying to understand what you are concerned about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Neyite wrote: »
    I don't flush wipes of any kind or sanitary products down the toilet.

The lads in the house do though, despite me constantly giving out.

If they flush a lot of sanitary products down the toilet they might be lying about the "lads" part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

What women flush down the toilet - SpitItOut and tell your therapist all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Foetus
    Kittens too or as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

jonnycivic wrote:
    What are you even on about??

Fanny plasters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

''Fairy Hammocks''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Maybe a man with a big snake can come along and sort this out?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember my younger brother having dreadful toilet etiquette. On one occasion he accidentally dropped a roll of toilet paper into the bowl and instead of retrieving it he attempted to flush it down.

Utter chaos ensued.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

At least they do flush the toilet.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Bio Mech wrote: »
    If they flush a lot of sanitary products down the toilet they might be lying about the "lads" part.

I meant that they flush wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I flushed a cooked chicken down the Jax once, and I'm a bloke! Imagine that

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

uch wrote: »

How did you come upon an occasion to require the flushing of a cooked chicken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Parchment wrote: »
    As a woman - i think its really disgusting. There is pretty much ALWAYS a bin in a cubicle you can use to dispose of tampons/pads.

Lots of people seem to think its ok to flush tampons which blows my mind.

Yes, there is usually a sealed bin in a public loo cubicle so no excuse not to use it, but what about at home? Surely you do not use an ordinary waste bin to hold soiled products.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭SpitItOut

uch wrote: »
    That's biodegradable at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

annascott wrote: »
    Yes, there is usually a sealed bin in a public loo cubicle so no excuse not to use it, but what about at home? Surely you do not use an ordinary waste bin to hold soiled products.

Why wouldn't you use an ordinary waste bin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭zedhead

....... wrote: »

For myself, my family and friends its never come up as an issue. If you are that concerned you could bring the item in question to your outside bin each time.

I know there was a time when tampons were considered flushable, but it was never the case for pads - what do you think people do with them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

annascott wrote: »
    Surely you do not use an ordinary waste bin to hold soiled products.

I don't see why you wouldn't use a regular bin. Wrap them in loo paper, or if you still think that's gross you can use nappy bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You should see some of my colon loafs. They've choaked many an s bend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

begbysback wrote: »
    Joan Burton - I'd flush her down the toilet

And you'd pay for the privilege if she had got her way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

....... wrote: »

What? Even a small bathroom bin? I wouldn't bring it out to the kitchen bin or anything but stick a bin in the bathroom and put it in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Pm your address, I'll mail it to you instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Are women the main reason behind work of what waste water treatment plants do with non biodegradable material? I am pleading with women to think about the environmental impact, when they flush something down the toilet.

I think it should as important to have ads on tv to remind people of such, as is done for road safety reminders. So spread the word if you can... especially to working class women!

Thanks

Women.KNOW YOUR LIMITS.
    Do 'working class' women flush pads down the jacks more than 'well heeled' women? If so,I'd be interested to hear how you came to know this interesting statistic.

Advertisement