Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ninty Gets!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

This one is courteous of Cloud, so thanks! :D

15248157602_e63decd221.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just took delivery yesterday of Scribblenauts Unmasked for the WiiU.
    It only came out in the US and Australia, and Oz is a PAL region so safe to import.
    Safe to say this is a very rare PAL title!
    Anyway, that's part of my sons Xmas pressie sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Would ebay be the best bet for something like that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, Bayonetta 2 has been marked as shipped.
    Can't wait!
    Come on Parcel Motel, don't bugger this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Why why WHY did I go SuperSaver?
    still have an order for Hyrule Warriors put in at the weekend that hasn't shipped. I'm sure whatever I'm saving in delivery I'm spending on blood pressure pills from the constant refreshes of the Order Status screen. So *this* is what Witch Time feels like...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Dispatching Witch now.......c'mon super saver!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, Bayonetta 2 has been marked as shipped.
    Can't wait!
    Come on Parcel Motel, don't bugger this up!

It should get to PM by tomorrow morning, checked in sometime that day, sent down south that night. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I set mine to expidited delivery, to pm, as it was pretty cheap when using the NI address. No dispatch mail yet through...

Andrew76 wrote: »
    It should get to PM by tomorrow morning, checked in sometime that day, sent down south that night. Hopefully.

Just checked my order, seems it's being sent straight to my anti-wife finding out location, otherwise known as work!
    Hopefully the lovely girl herself will be waiting for me on the desk when I get in on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Banjo wrote: »
    Why why WHY did I go SuperSaver?
    still have an order for Hyrule Warriors put in at the weekend that hasn't shipped. I'm sure whatever I'm saving in delivery I'm spending on blood pressure pills from the constant refreshes of the Order Status screen. So *this* is what Witch Time feels like...

I've always found super saver times the exact same as regular post times. I actually got Watchdogs for the PS4 delivered for release day, using super saver.

• Advertisement

Just noticed Bayonetta 2 checked in to PM just before 3pm. So should have it early tomorrow morning. Happy days.

Just checked my order, seems it's being sent straight to my anti-wife finding out location, otherwise known as work!
    Hopefully the lovely girl herself will be waiting for me on the desk when I get in on Saturday.

Same here but I'm not back in work til Wednesday 😣

Just noticed Bayonetta 2 checked in to PM just before 3pm. So should have it early tomorrow morning. Happy days.

Mine was signed for earlier, with the printed name "Pacel Motel"

Yeah...

Anyway, listed as in transit to motel since 13:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Arrived at parcel motel at antrim depot at 10:30 this morning, and still not checked in on my account. Should I be worried :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can we ban everyone who got Bayo 2 today? I don't get mine til Tuesday at the earliest.

:pac:

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can we ban everyone who got Bayo 2 today? I don't get mine til Tuesday at the earliest.

Hell yeah! Going to have to avoid miiverse as well :( ...and I fekin love miiverse

CastorTroy wrote: »

I just got my Parcel Motel notification, so... nope! :cool:

Playing Bayo 1, great fun so far!

Woke up to a nice text this morning. Nice. :)

YH2tuzh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm really happy for you all, you bar stewards.

Anyone played both 1 & 2 yet? Should newbies start on the new one or the remake? I have till maybe Tuesday to decide
    :'(

• Advertisement

As a newb, I'm playing 1 first, so then I won't have anything spoiled story wise by 2, and I can appreciate the changes they've made too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I see no reason not to play the first first if you haven't already. The refinements to the new one aren't game changing, but they're subtle enough that going backwards might be a bit jarring. Mostly, though, it is still and always will be a masterpiece (as is the second, based on the first few hours), and better to play them in the order intended :) You aren't playing them for the story though :pac:

I arrived in work yesterday expecting my Bayonetta package and instead find it still undelivered, meaning it'll be Tuesday before I have it.
    Not only that but I'm on a weeks leave after today, meaning I'll have to travel back into work to collect it :(

I arrived in work yesterday expecting my Bayonetta package and instead find it still undelivered, meaning it'll be Tuesday before I have it.
    Not only that but I'm on a weeks leave after today, meaning I'll have to travel back into work to collect it :(

Kinda in the same boat but just have Tuesday off....still killing me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked Up Final Fantasy Curtain Call for 3DS in CeX a couple of days ago, good fun so far.

Not bad for €25 too.

I see no reason not to play the first first if you haven't already. The refinements to the new one aren't game changing, but they're subtle enough that going backwards might be a bit jarring. Mostly, though, it is still and always will be a masterpiece (as is the second, based on the first few hours), and better to play them in the order intended :) You aren't playing them for the story though :pac:

Took your advice and started playing Bayonetta first. Great game and the combat is superb. But one thing that annoys me is the amount of quick time events during some of the cinematics - every few minutes there some sequence that requires a single button press, time it wrong and instant death. Rinse and repeat til you get it right. :mad: The only complaint I have so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know if the ones in Argos tomorrow are first print seeing as it is advertised as one and two together?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anyone know if the ones in Argos tomorrow are first print seeing as it is advertised as one and two together?

You can get 1 and 2 together without it being First Print. Almost zero chance of getting the First Print edition now I would say. 1 and 2 together is just the special edition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,128 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Took your advice and started playing Bayonetta first. Great game and the combat is superb. But one thing that annoys me is the amount of quick time events during some of the cinematics - every few minutes there some sequence that requires a single button press, time it wrong and instant death. Rinse and repeat til you get it right. :mad: The only complaint I have so far.

I haven't played it since release (although I played it a lot then!) but the QTEs never bothered me much in Bayonetta. It managed a good mix I felt, given how much of the insanity was fully playable (unlike, say, the utter junk that is Azura's Wrath).

You will be glad to hear, though, QTEs are disposed of near entirely in the sequel, barring the returning prompts for torture attacks and finishing moves :)

• Advertisement

I haven't played it since release (although I played it a lot then!) but the QTEs never bothered me much in Bayonetta. It managed a good mix I felt, given how much of the insanity was fully playable (unlike, say, the utter junk that is Azura's Wrath).

You will be glad to hear, though, QTEs are disposed of near entirely in the sequel, barring the returning prompts for torture attacks and finishing moves :)

Ah good to hear. I don't mind the ones for torture or finishing as they're expected (and produce fun results!). Did you replay chapters much to get better medals/rewards? I'm only at Chapter IV and pretty average with the medals so far. That weapons dude went and fashioned a cool looking sword for me but it didn't appear in the list to buy for some reason.

It must have been great fun working on that game thinking up crazy ass move sets.

Advertisement