Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

What are gamestop like for pre-orders? I've preordered the ltd edition of a links awakening back in June (as it was out of stock on Smyths) but never used gamestop before

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

When is Ocarina of Time out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The Nal wrote: »
    When is Ocarina of Time out?

Link's Awakening (if that's what you mean) is out 4 weeks from today

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

chrislad wrote: »
    Playing the Dragon Quest demo. I'd never played one before but the main characters hair is enough to make me disinterested. Is the demo a decent reflection of the main game (I know it's an RPG and there's way more, but does the general gameplay change much?)

I'm about 15 hours into it on the PS4 and would say it's a good reflection but I like it!
    It's not groundbreaking but does seem well ironed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

uchimata83 wrote: »
    What are gamestop like for pre-orders? I've preordered the ltd edition of a links awakening back in June (as it was out of stock on Smyths) but never used gamestop before

They can be hit or miss to be honest. Hopefully you've no issues but would not be surprised to hear if you do have issues.

• Advertisement

Just back from Smyths with my new Switch and BOTW!

Let the gaming commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Want to get a switch (not a big gamer), should i wait for V 1.1 to come out or would i get the current version a bit cheaper when it does come out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is there any way to order something off the Nintendo UK store and get it delivered here? (excluding using parcel motel or the likes)

*edit, nevermind. I just registered an addresspal address and then paid with paypal and it worked fine

ordered the limited edition astral chain with legion pin, it's in stock now for anyone who's interested

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-game/astral-chain-collector-s-edition-legion-pin/12225252.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you are looking at Mutant year zero road to eden. It's hard to recommend. It looks like garbage, with significant downgrade. When it works it is still pretty fun but last night in 2 hours i had 6 crashes which lost lots of progress. Almost unheard of on Switch which usually has much higher standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

If you are looking at Mutant year zero road to eden. It's hard to recommend. It looks like garbage, with significant downgrade. When it works it is still pretty fun but last night in 2 hours i had 6 crashes which lost lots of progress. Almost unheard of on Switch which usually has much higher standards.

No crashes for me, but the environment visuals, ****e video quality, and slow slow slow movement speeds ruined it for me. Time to go trade in I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just looking at the forthcoming games and I reckon I’m going to be going digital and using the two for €99 tokens. I’ll get Link’s Awakening and Dragon Quest for that and with the Link’s double coins, you get €6 back, along with €3 for Dragon Quest, making them €45 a piece. Don't think there's better prices than that for the carts.

Just looking at the forthcoming games and I reckon I’m going to be going digital and using the two for €99 tokens. I’ll get Link’s Awakening and Dragon Quest for that and with the Link’s double coins, you get €6 back, along with €3 for Dragon Quest, making them €45 a piece. Don't think there's better prices than that for the carts.

That's very good for digital alright. If you shop around you can get them for the same price on cart if physical is your preferred option. Ive got Links Awakening coming to me for €44 from shopto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I prefer digital for everything, just makes it easier to be portable. The only exception I'm making is for The Witcher 3, which will be essentially glued into my card slot, and I don't want to use 30 odd gigs on it!

Anyone ever have this issue:
    Went to CEX at the weekend to trade in my copy of Mario + Rabbids for cash. When they inspected it they said they couldn't accept it because the box had a PEGI rating with the age number and the cart had the American "E" rating. I bought this game as new from Smyths at launch and never noticed.
    Has this ever happened anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

For anyone interested in the inside of a switch i like this guy. He buys 20 broken consoles and tries to fix them. This time it's switches.

I find it compelling viewing.

https://youtu.be/EP65185uGiA

For anyone interested in the inside of a switch i like this guy. He buys 20 broken consoles and tries to fix them. This time it's switches.

I find it compelling viewing.

https://youtu.be/EP65185uGiA

Thought I was going to hate it just based on the preview image but the guy is unreal.
    Really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,239 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

This is amazing. Such dedication. Imagine walking down O'Connell Street at night in that. You'd scare the living $H1t€ out of some people. Now imagine it was real and what you could do.

Breath of the Wild is a bit special isnt it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

Hey, been lurking on here, mostly to see what the bargains are :-).
    Dropped off a few months ago as I was overwhelmed with a few things.

Gaming wise, I was spending more time thinking about games rather than playing.
    I recommend Reddit / Patient Gamer for those with this problem :-).
    So, I've consolidated my 3ds, Wii, Wii U, Switch backlog (which wasn't much to begin with), and have games I want to play rather than aspire to play.
    This is why physical games always trump digital. CEX is your friend here.
    Out goes Bayonetta 2/Wii U. I don't like fighting games. Bayonetta is bat **** crazy, plus the cut scenes are embarrassingly awful.
    Never really enjoyed shooters, so goodbye Splatoon 2, just could not get into you.
    Turn based RPGs/tactical games: nope: so au revoir Mario and Rabbids.
    Dark, sombre games... too depressing, so Hollow Knight will remain on my digital backlog. Maybe some other time.
    Indie platformers: hmmm - nah: too hard or too derivative or played them in the 80s: good bye celeste, shantae, unruely heroes, gato roboto (all digital - for another day)
    Bah: 3DS too small and fiddly: bye Samus Returns, Kirby Planet Robobot, ...

The keepers:
    BOTW + DLC: really - for me the best thing since sliced bread. Really beautiful, uplifting piece of art.
    Captain Toad + DLC: Nintendo side project: Genius.
    Mario Kart 8 DX: More genius.
    Rayman Legends: Beautiful, inventive, stunning music: goes for 10 euro in sales these days: nuts. Nintendo would sell this at full price forever.
    Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze: hard - but worth it. Maybe too hard, but easier on the switch with the various modes.
    Mario Odyssey: Brilliant, so fun. Bottled Joy. I think I'd prefer 120 decent moon challenges, rather than 999/whatever ones. (Mario 64 got this right).
    Super Mario Bros U DX: Mario levels done on Wii U. Luigi ones on switch. The luigi levels were short and very fun. But really behind the curve compared to DK and Rayman Legends.
    Plus I've a box of Wii/Wii U/3DS stuff I might mention once I get through them.

Now: big shout out to the OP re: the Gamestop switch trade in.
    Traded in my pretty immaculate grey switch for the neon 1.1 switch.
    Yep, screen is warmer and nicer (to me) than the stark blue from before.
    The joycons attach very tightly, buttons feel stronger.
    So it all feels like one engineered unit, rather than a proof of concept :-) Maybe it's cause it's new :-)
    Yep - Blue/Red much nicer than grey. So much nicer!
    Plus I signed up to switch online family account (30 euro on cd keys) to make sure I had backups :-)
    But additional big shot out to Gamestop Bray guys for sorting me out. I did need the cloud save for 1 user.
    So new neon switch + SNES Yoshi's Island = the most beautiful thing ever! Really.
    Saves + rewind = more fun, more of the time. :-)

Now, I've got Link's awakening special edition coming this week from Smyths.
    But before I play that in earnest, I've got to finish off WW, TP and ALBW.

Looks like Nintendo have been making all the right moves with some fantastic games and hardware lined up.
    I think the Switch pro will launch alongside BOTW2 (enhanced for pro) to compete with the new PS and XBOX.
    Switch lite, will sell bazillions, with pokemon and animal crossing coming out.
    There is a lot of value in an all-in-one, tighter unit.

Anyway, that's it. Nintendo fans never had it so good.

They can be hit or miss to be honest. Hopefully you've no issues but would not be surprised to hear if you do have issues.

Looks like they've managed it, took the money this morning and tracking number sent via email. I'll disappear now for a few weeks from Friday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A friend of mine is in France right now, got the car Ferry over and looking at a Switch for his kid.
    They have the new version for €274.99 on sale in a shop called CD Discounts or something like that. Links awakening is €41.99 in the same shop for pre order.
    He asked me was it a good price. The store guy told him it was out in two days.
    I can't find it online, but i thought it was an amazing price,
    or
    Are there different versions of the new switch?

Would the game be in French, or possible to select language?

I only thought about these after I told him it was a good deal. :o :eek:

EDITED
    I got the link for the game the store guy is selling it to him at members price https://www.cdiscount.com/jeux-pc-video-console/nintendo-switch/the-legend-of-zelda-link-s-awakening-jeu-switch/f-1032801-linksawakening.html

The console was also a members price I cannot find that though, so I guess the staff can use their own membership cards maybe?

Looks like they've managed it, took the money this morning and tracking number sent via email. I'll disappear now for a few weeks from Friday :)

Nice one. My copy should hopefully arrive tomorrow too but sadly im outta the country so will have to wait till Monday to play it. The downside of going for physical.

EysKaZI.jpg

Nintendo Turns 130 Years Old

Nintendo was founded on 23rd September 1889. They're already celebrating their birthday in Japan.

20170807-223245.jpg

FYI Jedi Knight doesn’t have inverted controls, which borderline makes it unplayable for me. Apparently it’ll be added in a patch in the coming weeks.

Official Nintendo Switch stylus revealed (¥ 864, around $9)
    HAC_A_HEBAA.main.jpg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-nintendo-switch-stylus-revealed-%C2%A5-864-around-9.144093/

It's releasing in Japan on 27th December in Japan. No Western release announced yet, but you'd imagine it should release here eventually.

I'm more interested in the SNES switch controller

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Official Nintendo Switch stylus revealed (¥ 864, around $9)
    HAC_A_HEBAA.main.jpg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/official-nintendo-switch-stylus-revealed-%C2%A5-864-around-9.144093/

It's releasing in Japan on 27th December in Japan. No Western release announced yet, but you'd imagine it should release here eventually.

Must be a tie in with the Brain Training game, so much of it is based on the touch screen

I'm more interested in the SNES switch controller

Available now:

https://mynintendostore.nintendo.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/668

• Advertisement

Not fully Nintendo related, but waiting for the media to say that video game violence is spilling into real life!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-49892370

Damn Goose!

Advertisement