Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 7 - Canada

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

You’re not focused going on a half lap long rant drive the bloody car and try build the 5 second gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

David Croft, I don't give a flying fudge about your mates opinions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Awful decision for the race and for the sport.

flazio wrote: »

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Rubbish call that - there wasn't a lot Vettel could do when coming back on the track.

• Advertisement

Should be backing Hamilton into Leclerc for a while. Really wish I hadn't bothered with this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Absolute joke, rejoined the track with no grip, what he supposed to do, jam on the brakes and slide to the wall or have Hamilton smash him. Vettel is right they're stealing the race from them, he's got no chance now. Hamilton is gaining each lap now, any option to back into LeClerc?

What did he say?

How he's worried about some mates blood pressure as he's a Vettel fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Race was enjoyable with drivers going hard at it. However, winner of the race has been decided off track by men in shirts....shocker for F1 brand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

That is a joke F1 is over, even the pro Hamilton Sky guys are saying it is a joke

Yep, that's the worst decision in years, probably since that time Montoya got a penalty for being driven into by Schumacher. Or maybe the penalty Alonso got for being on track at Monza same time as a Ferrari.

I've turned it off. F1 has become a complete joke. Might try a race again in a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Total tool, so so grating on the ear.

"as useful as arms on a T-Rex" wtf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

The point is he was out of control coming back on track and blocked Ham because of it, tough to take but it's the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What did he say?
    He’s got a friend who is a big vettel fan and apparently he’s going apoplectic.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Joke - there was literally nowhere else he could've gone. If I was calling the shots at Ferrari, I'd have Vettel backing Hamilton into Leclerc now.
    I mean, for a super-Hamilton fanboy like BRUNDLE to say...no other words needed.

My Virgin Media box tripped out just after it was given and looking at the reaction on the BBC commentary then they must have been watching a totally different race to me where they are framing it as Vettel putting Lewis Hamilton in danger through a reckless piece of driving and huge error going into the corner.

If it's a case of a driver going into the wall or trying to avoid it, and we're going to punish people if they don't rgo into the wall then there is something seriously wrong somewhere. You should not be punished for trying to avoid that or correct a skid. Deliberate dangerous driving should be, something like that shouldn't be.

If it was the other way around, I'm sure they would have exactly the same opinion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

So can they appeal or is that that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Slattsy wrote: »

No appeal for in race penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Can't be appealed

That's that

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Vettel cooling off on pace - are his tyres going off or what?

How he responded to that penalty is the ultimate test of Vettel's mettle I think. A top driver should keep the emotion out of it, do your job of driving to get the 5 seconds and let the lads on the pitwall argue your case. He shouted on the radio, lost a ton of time and (as it stands now) is looking at risk to falling to third

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

How he responded to that penalty is the ultimate test of Vettel's mettle I think. A top driver should keep the emotion out of it, do your job of driving to get the 5 seconds and let the lads on the pitwall argue your case. He shouted on the radio, lost a ton of time and (as it stands now) is looking at risk to falling to third

Frankly, bullsh1t of the highest order. We've seen and heard every driver being angry about idiotic penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Poor decision there buuuut.....

......delighted with the €20 I put on Hamilton now.

Great race overall. Even without the penalty this would have gone to the wire which is what we want as race fans.

Vettels interview should be interesting.

Aye sure just make a 5 second gap to the guy behind you in the faster car.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭strawdog

Pissartist wrote: »
    The point is he was out of control coming back on track and blocked Ham because of it, tough to take but it's the rules

That is the point why it's wrong, he needs to be in control to be deemed to re enter the track unsafely

Vettel was coming back off the grass and we’ve all watched enough f1 races the Cars don’t react normally coming from grass back onto the track. If vettel went off on a tarmac area and came back onto the track then fair enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What a crap day for Vettel :D

But to be fair it wasn’t a penalty

What's he doing parking there?

Where is Vettel going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Frankly, bullsh1t of the highest order. We've seen and heard every driver being angry about idiotic penalties.

Apart from the penalty, it lost him the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I'm sad for F1. Total disgrace

Driver of the day for me was Stroll, drove the alternate strategy really well and a strong points finish.

Advertisement