Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

dulux99 wrote: »
    I have never seen so much pre fight press/interviews and general content from a boxer than Fury for tonights. It's insane.

Ever watch a Joshua fight?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I have never seen so much pre fight press/interviews and general content from a boxer than Fury for tonights. It's insane.

Was thinking that myself, it's everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Ever watch a Joshua fight?!

I don't think AJ does the level of interviews that Fury has tbh.

I don't think AJ does the level of interviews that Fury has tbh.

Not as good a speaker for one and in addition he has the crew on sky to do it for him. Fury is the number one surely we should be hearing from him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not as good a speaker for one and in addition he has the crew on sky to do it for him. Fury is the number one surely we should be hearing from him

Ok..? My point was Fury has done an insane amount of interviews, far more than the usual amount a fighter does. A fairly straightforward observation. You were the one who implied as if AJ does more.

• Advertisement

Ok..? My point was Fury has done an insane amount of interviews, far more than the usual amount a fighter does. A fairly straightforward observation. You were the one who implied as if AJ does more.

To be honest I’m taking a sparing look at it. It’s logical though don’t you think? He’s newly no 1 again he should shout it. Sell tickets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What time are they due in the ring? I don't want to get up to watch it and find the fight is already over:D.

What time are they due in the ring? I don't want to get up to watch it and find the fight is already over:D.

Think about 4.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think about 4.30 am

Ouch

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

So, whats the verdict? Tyson finish within 6?

• Advertisement

12 round . Neither fighter is aggressive could be very little action

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is Tyson taking the seriously enough. Looking at him pre-fighr he has been doing a lot of interviews and he doesn't seem to have done much work tonight, seems to be sitting around a lot.
    I realise Schwartz has no pedigree but he is unbeaten. You should never underestimate an unbeaten fighter.

The american top hat would suggest no

First round to Fury but Schwartz looks dangerous.

Night night

Game over round 2, Schwartz way out of his level.

The Yanks will love that show from Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

As soon as Schwarz got tagged with the first big one they both knew it was over,

Still it was beautifully executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can't believe some paid €25 for an exhibition match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Was going so well until he started singing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Advertisement

Another masterclass from the Gypsy King.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Great to see Tyson back. Great performance, Schwarz just couldn't get near him, aside from one punch.

I'll be honest, when he came out to Living In America, I had visions of Apollo Creed on the stretcher. But I guess coming out to Living In America is at least better than getting your picture taken with Drake.

Wilder wont want any of that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Weak opposition but Tyson looked great ,

Ben Davis was saying with the huge weight cut building up to Wilder , Tyson had lost some power and now they have been working on getting that back hence the extra weight this time , Said the German lads style is to walk u do so they needed power to stop him from doimg that ,
    Was no point worrying about Tyson power v Wilder as he needed agility not power to win ,

Gotta say Davis is so VERY impresive for a 26 yearold its unreal ,

He also mentioned while watching back the Wilder fight he noticed a habit Wilder has that he missed first time and was kicking himself for it ,

I noticed in the first fight he keep telling Tyson to watch the signs they had worled on for Wilder having mental rests /breaks he defo knows his stuff ,

Has Billy Joe also in the form of his life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Steady on! Billy Joe has only fought once under Davison to date and although he got the job done it was a pretty average performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Pighead wrote: »
    Steady on! Billy Joe has only fought once under Davison to date and although he got the job done it was a pretty average performance.

Sorry should have said shape of his life ,
    Although he did win a world title last time out not to shabby is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

That was a masterclass second round from Fury, you can question the opposition but he threw some really good punches, showed great movement and a little bit of showboating to boot.

Fury’s next opponent will be interesting. Saturday was a good performance and he looked very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Fury’s next opponent will be interesting. Saturday was a good performance and he looked very fast.

Yup, note to AJ, thats how you do boxing in America.

Enjoyed the Ali documentary. Although when his career is condensed like that its so sad to see how quickly he declined.

Advertisement