Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Recommendation Thread - Anyone for seconds?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Got takeaway from Koto, agree with the other poster re the portion size of the cheesecake. It’s very small. It’s nice but I wouldn’t bother buying it again cause I think they could definitely make the portion bigger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mardyke wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a healthy takeaway lunch on a Thursday...? Something along the Paradiso lines....

Is Rocketman still open?

Maybe Orso if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Any suggestions for a healthy takeaway lunch on a Thursday...? Something along the Paradiso lines....

Sonny’s kimchi pancakes?

Fermented Cabbage pancakes with sweet potatoes and spring onions. With a sesame dressing. It’s like the bahn mi sandwich flavours but without the pork or carbs. Really yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

Samhain wrote: »
    Follow up on the O'Briens food truck from a few pages ago. Called out today to.get more food and collect the voucher. Ended up with a full refund for the last order and the voucher value was very generous. The food was literally night and day in comparison with the last order. Really good burger, chips and fish, savage portions and definitely worth the second chance. Excellent customer service too.

super to hear.. I was v surprised by your 1st experience tbh - they musta had a bad night.. glad it all worked out - win win

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Be right back

Got a meal from Sonny's deli. It was delicious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Samhain wrote: »
    Follow up on the O'Briens food truck from a few pages ago. Called out today to.get more food and collect the voucher. Ended up with a full refund for the last order and the voucher value was very generous. The food was literally night and day in comparison with the last order. Really good burger, chips and fish, savage portions and definitely worth the second chance. Excellent customer service too.

Do you know the website for them?

siblers wrote: »
    Do you know the website for them?

its O'Reilly's..

https://www.oreillysfoodcourt.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Went to O’Reillys last night again. So good. Got the black pudding burger, chips and the goujons. I’d nearly prefer the goujons here to Sober Lane. The chips aren’t greasy and the burger really tasty. Ordered online and was ready to go when I got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Crawfords have setup a food van outside their pub so gave them a try. They were out of the lobster roll so both fish and chips.

Chips were lovely but the batter was very bland which was disappointing. Bit pricey too for what you get but very friendly staff and good service. Might go back to try something else off them though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Did that Bunny Chow place open in St. Lukes?
    Anyone know if it is doing well?

Just curious if there has been any feedback from people here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Did that Bunny Chow place open in St. Lukes?
    Anyone know if it is doing well?

Just curious if there has been any feedback from people here.

Yes it’s open a few weeks now. Not sure how it’s doing but quite active on social media.
    I got it once, tasty for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Billythekid19

Got a sandwich from Masseytown on Paul st during the week. Very pleasant but is wildly overpriced at E9.50 for just a sandwich (Wasn't stuffed, couldve easily have eaten a second sandwich). I would've thought 5.50 or 6 euro would be a more reasonable price point for a takeaway Sandwich. Next time I'll be inclined to go to the English Market or Sonnys Deli and at least have change from a tenner to buy a coffee.

Got a sandwich from Masseytown on Paul st during the week. Very pleasant but is wildly overpriced at E9.50 for just a sandwich (Wasn't stuffed, couldve easily have eaten a second sandwich). I would've thought 5.50 or 6 euro would be a more reasonable price point for a takeaway Sandwich. Next time I'll be inclined to go to the English Market or Sonnys Deli and at least have change from a tenner to buy a coffee.

U can get main courses in some places for €12 so €9.50 for a sandwich is just a joke. Never going there.

i assume you got it via deliveroo or one of those services? scandalous - no wonder they don't display their prices.. but thought they wer meant to be v substantial? won't be purchasing myself - don't really eat sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

9.50 is insane for a sandwich no matter how good it is. I appreciate that they are a good size but aren't the ones in the sandwich stall in the English Market fairly hefty too and I don't think they are that price. Has always been on my list to try the Sandwich Stall but still haven't got around to it - definitely once this pandemic is over, or at least when the 5k is lifted :)

sporina wrote: »
    i assume you got it via deliveroo or one of those services? scandalous - no wonder they don't display their prices.. but thought they wer meant to be v substantial? won't be purchasing myself - don't really eat sandwiches

No the 9.50 is all sandwiches that you pick up yourself.
    The rueben sandwich from good day deli is substantially bigger. I noticed the strasbourg goose around the corner is doing takeaway fish and chips for a tenner, now that's a bit of value.

No the 9.50 is all sandwiches that you pick up yourself.
    The rueben sandwich from good day deli is substantially bigger. I noticed the strasbourg goose around the corner is doing takeaway fish and chips for a tenner, now that's a bit of value.

gee so have prices gone up? my bro got one a few weeks ago - said twas 7.50/8.50 for cold/hot sambos..?

gee so have prices gone up? my bro got one a few weeks ago - said twas 7.50/8.50 for cold/hot sambos..?

Looks like they have increased. Their prices are also listed on deliveroo https://deliveroo.ie/menu/cork/cork/masseytown-rotisserie-deli

Looks like they have increased. Their prices are also listed on deliveroo https://deliveroo.ie/menu/cork/cork/masseytown-rotisserie-deli

I thought prices on Deliveroo were higher than in house? 9.50 there..

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

I thought prices on Deliveroo were higher than in house? 9.50 there..

Can’t remember if it was this thread or the Businesses opening thread, but it was a big bugbear that they had no prices up for ages (when the sambos were 7.50/8.50, then they were up on Deliveroo as 9.50 and lo and behold they finally put prices on the board and it was 9.50 in house aswell.

• Advertisement

Karmella wrote: »
    Can’t remember if it was this thread or the Businesses opening thread, but it was a big bugbear that they had no prices up for ages (when the sambos were 7.50/8.50, then they were up on Deliveroo as 9.50 and lo and behold they finally put prices on the board and it was 9.50 in house aswell.

thanks for that - oh wow.. surprised the price didn't go up on Deliveroo too so? hows that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

leahyl wrote: »
    9.50 is insane for a sandwich no matter how good it is. I appreciate that they are a good size but aren't the ones in the sandwich stall in the English Market fairly hefty too and I don't think they are that price. Has always been on my list to try the Sandwich Stall but still haven't got around to it - definitely once this pandemic is over, or at least when the 5k is lifted :)

I picked up a takeaway roll at the Quay Coop for lunch today, obviously very different ingredients to Masseytown but it cost me €5.50. If you were buying lunch five days a week that would be quite a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

^^^Quay co-op is yummy!! I miss going to their canteen on the top floor when in town, and i am by no means a veggie! Have not gotten take away from the shop, what's the selection like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ordered masseytown on deliveroo.

Ya like it’s nice. Nothing I couldn’t rustle up myself kinda thing if that makes sense. Ridiculous pricing...you can get similar in spitjack for 7e

Also ordered cask...really nice, would deffo order it again!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ordered masseytown on deliveroo.

Ya like it’s nice. Nothing I couldn’t rustle up myself kinda thing if that makes sense. Ridiculous pricing...you can get similar in spitjack for 7e

Also ordered cask...really nice, would deffo order it again!

I got cask too, food is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

fin12 wrote: »
    I got cask too, food is nice.

Did you order any drinks?
    Just wondering if the cocktails are any good.

112143 wrote: »
    Did you order any drinks?
    Just wondering if the cocktails are any good.

I did and unfortunately I didn’t like it because I was expecting something different. I think the cocktails are not to my liking, I prefer the more simple version, so I wouldn’t order cocktails there again but I would the food. Just read the ingredients and type of cocktail before ordering, you might like them.

I recommend the cocktails from cornstore, they are delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

fin12 wrote: »
    I did and unfortunately I didn’t like it because I was expecting something different. I think the cocktails are not to my liking, I prefer the more simple version, so I wouldn’t order cocktails there again but I would the food. Just read the ingredients and type of cocktail before ordering, you might like them.

I recommend the cocktails from cornstore, they are delicious.

That probably means the cocktails in Cask are proper and the ones in Cornstore are like Ribena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

That probably means the cocktails in Cask are proper and the ones in Cornstore are like Ribena.

Ah jeez!

I mean yes, I prefer the ones in Cask, but they are more challenging, some bitter flavours in there. I can understand some people prefer sweeter ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Where's the best shout for Indian food in the city? Preferably where we can order via Just Eat to use up a One4All voucher.

We've had Mirch Masalla (Popes Quay) before. The first time was very good, but delivery was exceptionally long. The second time was only ok, so we're looking for somewhere else.

Advertisement