Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The best chips in Tipp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

maybe the sign was behind the counter on top of the till for him maybe....but no, not for me.....all i wanted was a snackbox and a bottle of coke...and he said 5.50...so handed him the 5.50 and then sat around and waited for 5-10 minutes observed the overladened community noticeboard with flyers, businesscards, everything from local novena to nightclasses in whatever! then when i received the snackbox from the girl, i said ''theres a coke as well'' and she went over to the sliding fridge and gave me the coke. I walked out the door down the carpark and then the manager who had taken the order starts calling me to say that he undercharged me by 1.50 euro :eek: and that he was ''sorry'' so i just handed him a few coins RELUCTANTLY and then decided that I would never set foot in there again....even if a big glowly flashing sign into that village said FREE FOOD.........:mad: appalling service

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So you're pissed off for having to pay for your bottle of Coke. I see...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

It is a bit miserly I have to say running after you for €1.50 - how much have they bought the cokes fo About 75c maybe, and how many of them have they sold already? I'm sure their costs are well covered.

Still if I liked their food it wouldn't put me off going back there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

So you're pissed off for having to pay for your bottle of Coke. I see...

NO...im pissed off at the fact that if I were a Mystery Shopper...he would get ZERO....for his bad customer service......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Exact opposite happened me in that Kebab place near the Guards Barracks in Clonmel. Can't remember the name of the place but I place a fairly big order with him, and paid him whatever he asked (donno exactly, something like €24). I waited in the place and a couple of mins later he called me to the counter to tell me he had OVERCHARGED me by €2.50. I honestly didn't know he did, but fair play to him. He knew I didn't know he made a mistake, and could have said nothing.

It was a bit petty of him to run after you for the sake of €1.50. If you were a regular customer, he'd know that he'd make it back from you in a short space of time. Now he has you lost for the sake of the €1.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Mona Lisa in Thurles used to be nice but have gone downhill, don't know if it's perhapd the oils not being changed enough or what but shame coz they used to be nicer.

No where in Thurles now that does proper fresh, decent chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

I have to say, my top three are

1. Miss Ellies - Clonmel
    2. Parnell Grill - Clonmel
    3. Village Grill - Clerihan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I used to rate the Roma in Cahir very highly but it is going downhill rapidly. I honestly can't remember the last time I got a decent bag of chips in there. (I'd go there once or maybe twice a month). Also, the snack boxes used to be lovely from there.. recently they have been poor for me.

Passed through Tipp Town there the other night and got a bag of chips in McBurger.. they were just lovely!!

I'd agree that Lyons in Clonmel are overrated. I haven't had food out of the Mayfair when sober in about 12 years but they are only fantastic at three in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I used to rate the Roma in Cahir very highly but it is going downhill rapidly. I honestly can't remember the last time I got a decent bag of chips in there. (I'd go there once or maybe twice a month). Also, the snack boxes used to be lovely from there.. recently they have been poor for me.

Passed through Tipp Town there the other night and got a bag of chips in McBurger.. they were just lovely!!

I'd agree that Lyons in Clonmel are overrated. I haven't had food out of the Mayfair when sober in about 12 years but they are only fantastic at three in the morning!
    Ha,chips always taste better at three in the morning for some reason;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Tasty Burger on main street in roscrea. Savage chips and onion rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

ninos takeaway templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

#1 has to be the Central Grill, Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir and most definitely the cleanest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

mamas in nenagh and tasty burger roscrea mmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Nino's In Templemore

alan27 wrote: »
    #1 has to be the Central Grill, Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir and most definitely the cleanest.

Is that you Franco? ;)

• Advertisement

alan27 wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks ago and they don't do taco chips:( why??
    If Arrons was open I could have got them in there,nicest taco chips around.

tippspur wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks ago and they don't do taco chips:( why??
    Because you can't teach an old dog new tricks! I don't like the fish in the grill much, it's OK when you're dying with a hangover and just want the grease but Aarons have the best fish in town, Fats have nice fish too but the hour you'd spend waiting hardly seems worth it

the old dog has been in business for 30+ years, you wont find many to match that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

O' Donnells Chipper in Ballyclerihan. ;) Excellent food!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 radagast

Romano's on Clare Street in Nenagh isn't bad either, tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

marios in thurles, tasty even when sober. Had a nice cod there a while back(may not have been cod though)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I know its a little over the border in Mooncoin, but Grace's chipper in Kilkenny is to die for. If your ever heading towards waterford from Clonmel, its def a place to visit.

Massive portions, decent price, and so very good. Worth it if heading to waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

triseke wrote: »
    I know its a little over the border in Mooncoin, but Grace's chipper in Kilkenny is to die for.

:eek:

The place in Clerihan is getting great reviews in this thread. I'll have to swing by in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Aye, I love the Vozza, got a snack box there for my dinner tonight, twas Heavenly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kitten29

The Mona Lisa in Thurles has always been my favourite place to eat. I have eaten from The Pike and Marios but i always return to the Mona Lisa. I love the chips there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

kitten29 wrote: »
    The Mona Lisa in Thurles .....

That place is very very clean as well.

The "behind the scenes" bits are spotless there.

Good choice.

(And NO, I don't own it nor have I any involvement in the place). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

lads come on....fats swans in carrick cant be betten and i travel a lot its in my top 5:pac:

copy1 wrote: »
    lads come on....fats swans in carrick cant be betten and i travel a lot its in my top 5:pac:

dont know that place in Carrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Aye and generous (ie ridiculously large) amounts of chips

Seven Worlds will Collide

copy1 wrote: »

It's actually called Fats Quans not Fats Swans. I love it myself but it seems to take a day and a night to get anything to eat in there, wrecks my head waiting so long :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not sure of the name but the chipper across the road from the church in Cashel does savage food, I mean the cod and chips there is immense, morellies is decent also.

I have put on a stone since coming across this thread,cant read it without going out for c:Dhips

Anyone ever try the Chipper in Elm Park in Clonmel? I must say it did surprise me one day, when i went to get a snack box for a friend whos a regular there. I got a quarter pounder and loved it!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

a bit off topic, felt like a mcdonalds yesterday went to cashel they had no chips:eek: twisty fries not the same haha, worst mcdonalds ive been in and it has to be the one closest to me haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KittyKat wrote: »
    Anyone ever try the Chipper in Elm Park in Clonmel? I must say it did surprise me one day, when i went to get a snack box for a friend whos a regular there. I got a quarter pounder and loved it!! :)

What you doing in my back yard??lol!!!!
    Not many go and collect from here so assume you got a delivery,tasty place though,eaten there 2/3 times is all but by god it was nice....

dahat wrote: »
    What you doing in my back yard??lol!!!!
    Not many go and collect from here so assume you got a delivery,tasty place though,eaten there 2/3 times is all but by god it was nice....

Haha, i got hungry. :D Nope i drove over and got a takeaway myself. Tasty place is right! ;) Having cravings for a burger from there now. Hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

radagast wrote: »
    You're all wrong lads, bar one. frydays is the best chipper in nenagh - and honestly I wouldn't go into Mama's to even spend a penny.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.863165&mlon=-8.205328&zoom=18&layers=M

did frydays get a name change only passed by yesterday hadnt been to nenagh in ages hope food still the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

DaveJac wrote: »
    did frydays get a name change only passed by yesterday hadnt been to nenagh in ages hope food still the same
    name did change, Called Hungry Harrys now
    food still best in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Used to love there Kebabs back when it was Adams! But thats a long time ago now and Im a long time gone out of Elm Park :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

No consistantly good chipper in Thurles anymore. Pike is good if the guy that owns it isnt there, unfortunatly he is always there lately. Marios varys from good to terrible. Mona lisa used be good but now not worth paying for parking. Worst Supermacs in Ireland, wouldnt even get an icecream there again. Is pepes in Kilenaule still open, worth a visit. If I have to eat in this area I usualy pick Littleton or all day breakfast in Mother Hubbarbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Nino's in Templemore used to have the best chips, not been there in awhile now, and I think management changed so not sure what they're like now!
    Mammas in Nenagh is also a contender! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

3 years on ,now whats the best chipper around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ms Ellies and Lyons in Clonmel the 2 best in town....

Lyons taco chips is still hard to bate,my fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Mamma's Nenagh

• Advertisement

Ms Ellies and Lyons in Clonmel the 2 best in town....

The amount of chips from Lyons seems to be smaller???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Mamma's Nenagh
    is stink

Fridays way better though Marios is probably best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Mammas in Nenagh is also a contender! :D
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Mamma's Nenagh
    is stink

Fridays way better though Marios is probably best
    I give you 2 votes to your 1 sir...

The gauntlet has been thrown down ;):p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

lyons do a good snack box .had it last Saturday night passing thru clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Babylon Kebabs in Clonmel have AMAZING chips!

• Advertisement
Advertisement