Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best chips in Tipp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

ninos takeaway templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

#1 has to be the Central Grill, Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir and most definitely the cleanest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭daithi55

mamas in nenagh and tasty burger roscrea mmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Nino's In Templemore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

alan27 wrote: »
    #1 has to be the Central Grill, Main Street, Carrick-on-Suir and most definitely the cleanest.

Is that you Franco? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

alan27 wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks ago and they don't do taco chips:( why??
    If Arrons was open I could have got them in there,nicest taco chips around.

tippspur wrote: »
    I was in there a few weeks ago and they don't do taco chips:( why??
    Because you can't teach an old dog new tricks! I don't like the fish in the grill much, it's OK when you're dying with a hangover and just want the grease but Aarons have the best fish in town, Fats have nice fish too but the hour you'd spend waiting hardly seems worth it

the old dog has been in business for 30+ years, you wont find many to match that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

O' Donnells Chipper in Ballyclerihan. ;) Excellent food!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 radagast

Romano's on Clare Street in Nenagh isn't bad either, tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

marios in thurles, tasty even when sober. Had a nice cod there a while back(may not have been cod though)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I know its a little over the border in Mooncoin, but Grace's chipper in Kilkenny is to die for. If your ever heading towards waterford from Clonmel, its def a place to visit.

Massive portions, decent price, and so very good. Worth it if heading to waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

triseke wrote: »
    I know its a little over the border in Mooncoin, but Grace's chipper in Kilkenny is to die for.

:eek:

The place in Clerihan is getting great reviews in this thread. I'll have to swing by in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tasty Burger on main street in roscrea. Savage chips and onion rings.

Aye, I love the Vozza, got a snack box there for my dinner tonight, twas Heavenly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kitten29

The Mona Lisa in Thurles has always been my favourite place to eat. I have eaten from The Pike and Marios but i always return to the Mona Lisa. I love the chips there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

kitten29 wrote: »
    The Mona Lisa in Thurles .....

That place is very very clean as well.

The "behind the scenes" bits are spotless there.

Good choice.

(And NO, I don't own it nor have I any involvement in the place). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

lads come on....fats swans in carrick cant be betten and i travel a lot its in my top 5:pac:

copy1 wrote: »
    lads come on....fats swans in carrick cant be betten and i travel a lot its in my top 5:pac:

dont know that place in Carrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Tasty Burger on main street in roscrea. Savage chips and onion rings.

Aye and generous (ie ridiculously large) amounts of chips

Seven Worlds will Collide

copy1 wrote: »

It's actually called Fats Quans not Fats Swans. I love it myself but it seems to take a day and a night to get anything to eat in there, wrecks my head waiting so long :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Not sure of the name but the chipper across the road from the church in Cashel does savage food, I mean the cod and chips there is immense, morellies is decent also.

I have put on a stone since coming across this thread,cant read it without going out for c:Dhips

Anyone ever try the Chipper in Elm Park in Clonmel? I must say it did surprise me one day, when i went to get a snack box for a friend whos a regular there. I got a quarter pounder and loved it!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

a bit off topic, felt like a mcdonalds yesterday went to cashel they had no chips:eek: twisty fries not the same haha, worst mcdonalds ive been in and it has to be the one closest to me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KittyKat wrote: »
    Anyone ever try the Chipper in Elm Park in Clonmel? I must say it did surprise me one day, when i went to get a snack box for a friend whos a regular there. I got a quarter pounder and loved it!! :)

What you doing in my back yard??lol!!!!
    Not many go and collect from here so assume you got a delivery,tasty place though,eaten there 2/3 times is all but by god it was nice....

dahat wrote: »
    What you doing in my back yard??lol!!!!
    Not many go and collect from here so assume you got a delivery,tasty place though,eaten there 2/3 times is all but by god it was nice....

Haha, i got hungry. :D Nope i drove over and got a takeaway myself. Tasty place is right! ;) Having cravings for a burger from there now. Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

radagast wrote: »
    You're all wrong lads, bar one. frydays is the best chipper in nenagh - and honestly I wouldn't go into Mama's to even spend a penny.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.863165&mlon=-8.205328&zoom=18&layers=M

did frydays get a name change only passed by yesterday hadnt been to nenagh in ages hope food still the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

DaveJac wrote: »
    did frydays get a name change only passed by yesterday hadnt been to nenagh in ages hope food still the same
    name did change, Called Hungry Harrys now
    food still best in town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Used to love there Kebabs back when it was Adams! But thats a long time ago now and Im a long time gone out of Elm Park :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

No consistantly good chipper in Thurles anymore. Pike is good if the guy that owns it isnt there, unfortunatly he is always there lately. Marios varys from good to terrible. Mona lisa used be good but now not worth paying for parking. Worst Supermacs in Ireland, wouldnt even get an icecream there again. Is pepes in Kilenaule still open, worth a visit. If I have to eat in this area I usualy pick Littleton or all day breakfast in Mother Hubbarbs.

Advertisement