Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your take on An Post's Fr. Ted stamps?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

They are pretty safe uninspired stamps tbh, very disappointing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Maybe a stamp of the locations with a funny quote would be nice.

After all everyone loves Co Clare ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

It's great I got the stamp book collection, I do wish there was some pictures tho, and not just phrases ...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,745 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A crowd pleaser, like the Ché stamps, that's all they are.
    I'm tired of endless parroting of quotes from a show so old it should be buying a first house.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

525786.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

An Post know lots will be collected and never used, means they get almost free money.

They get the money, but they don't have to supply the services. It's nearly like the money is just resting in their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And none of Dinny and Miley. A disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's my money. I just didn't want to fill in the forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

I'm not reading any posts in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's great I got the stamp book collection, I do wish there was some pictures tho, and not just phrases ...

It could be a licensing issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It's my money. I just didn't want to fill in the forms.

"BIRD!!"

B8BL.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

nthclare wrote: »
    Blindboy Boatclub ?

Are you serious ?

Some guy from middle class Limerick guy with a bag over his head telling men they should all be femminists...
    Met him a few times before it's all scripted and he's not as intelligent as he leads you to believe.

Blindboy Boatclub on a stamp ffs

How triggered a coterie of people on boards.ie get by Blindboy is endlessly amusing to me. :D

Keep it up, Blindboy, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

How triggered a coterie of people on boards.ie get by Blindboy is endlessly amusing to me. :D

Coterie sounds like a word he would use and all! That Limerick chap is a failed comedian/intellectual pseud. You'll hear more sincere musings from Henry Sellers after he has been at the sherry.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Cyclonius

What's your take on An Post's Fr. Ted stamps?

Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Very dull

No Ted, they're fyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Edgware wrote: »
    And none of Dinny and Miley. A disgrace

The petition for a stamp of Miley and Fidelmas roll in the hay starts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Hi Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭pgj2015

fr ted quotes on stamps are very cringy in fairness, who would buy them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

pgj2015 wrote: »
    fr ted quotes on stamps are very cringy in fairness, who would buy them?

That’s the spirit.

They should be Dougal stamps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hi Dave.

With a cool, dry wit like that, you could be an action hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭KevMayo88

Got a letter on Friday with one of those stamps- they are very bland. They could have done something more creative than just text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Caricatures of Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle would've been nicer than dull quotes. Or at least have some funny quotes, like "Get your bollocks out of my face" and "He gives good mass".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

.anon. wrote: »
    Caricatures of Ted, Dougal, Jack and Mrs Doyle would've been nicer than dull quotes. Or at least have some funny quotes, like "Get your bollocks out of my face" and "He gives good mass".
    'Ride Me Sideways' is another one.

.anon. wrote: »

At least pictures or drawings of them would be interesting. The quotes they use weren't even good.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

All the stamps have lovely bottoms.

You need a reminder the odd time that the general poster on here thankfully isn’t a good example of real people in Ireland. This is that. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

KevMayo88 wrote: »
    At least pictures or drawings of them would be interesting. The quotes they use weren't even good.
    I think a lot of Fr Ted quotes are way over used at this stage.
    You see it a lot here when there are threads about things like political corruption
    Someone will chime in with "the money was only resting in my account"
    Or one about immigration, "the <insert nationality here> a great bunch of lads"
    As if they were the only people ever to think about saying that at the time.

Also people in real life saying "go on,go on go on" when offering you something"
    That was really only a bit funny the very first time it was used way back in 1995.
    It not funny now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You see it a lot here when there are threads about things like political corruption

Also people in real life saying "go on,go on go on" when offering you something"
    That was really only a bit funny the very first time it was used way back in 1995.
    It not funny now.

Who's a bit of a moaning Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

It not funny now.
    Like any show, it’s the idiots who keep saying the most obvious lines. And they become irritating.

It’s like when people say the funniest thing about only fools and horses was Del and Rodney dressed up like Batman and Robin. Jesus, it was a bit chucklesome, but there’s way better stuff in the show. Some of my favourite lines and situations are never on top lists etc.

• Advertisement

KungPao wrote: »
    Like any show, it’s the idiots who keep saying the most obvious lines. And they become irritating.

It’s like when people say the funniest thing about only fools and horses was Del and Rodney dressed up like Batman and Robin. Jesus, it was a bit chucklesome, but there’s way better stuff in the show. Some of my favourite lines and situations are never on top lists etc.

Like when Del and Rodney dropped the chandelier, or when Del leaned back and fell down at the bar.

Advertisement