Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shops/Businesses in Bray

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Fantastic, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

We should go as an unofficial Boards Wicklow food critics group. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

The Little Shop is back open! :D

For clarification, it's the tiny walk in coffee shop beside the new furniture shop on the main street.

It has lovely coffee served to you by the nicest man ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Preusse wrote: »
    We should go as an unofficial Boards Wicklow food critics group. ;)
    We went there last night, and were quite impressed. It turns out it's the same owners as the Diwali in Dublin and the Kundan Tandoori in Tallaght (they were using bills from the Kundan as they hadn't got the new ones from the printer yet!).

We had the "mid week special" ... a mixed starter plate plus two main dish curries, rice and naan plus a bottle of wine (a quite nice Chilean Chardonnay) for €55. Also got a 10% off voucher for our next visit.

Talked to the owner afterwards, and he was well aware of the 'jinx' on that site, and was concerned about the parking situation too, but said he was determined to make a go of it. It was reasonably busy when we went in on a cold Monday evening at 8.30, and our waiter was 'complaining' about how busy it had been last week, which can only be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

diwali is one of my favourite restaurants in dublin, if they keep the quality that high standards i'm sure word of mouth will trump the jinx :)

• Advertisement

Well we'll certainly be going back, which is a first for any of the restaurants on that site, so I'd say they're on to a winner.

By the way, they have their own website too ... http://mteverestofkathmandu.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Got a takeaway from here last night :) Really enjoyed it, good prices decent size portions, seem liked nice people. Looking forward to my next one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Flashman33 wrote: »
    The school uniform shop in the Village Gate Arcade has moved around the back by the church and looks like a new computer shop called PC Plus has open in there old shop.

That school uniform shop moved years and years ago !!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

I notice that the Spanish restaurant on Main Street is no more. Pity. The food was great but I think the service wasn't that amazing which may have cost it some business.

Another business on Bray Main Street dies on its behind.

Can we all agree that we want to keep Oli's and the nepalese place open and eat there more often from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

that Kathmandu place is good?do tell.it looks awful from outside and with every rstaurant there going tail up after a few months i thought it would be terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

padimus2 wrote: »
    I notice that the Spanish restaurant on Main Street is no more. Pity. The food was great but I think the service wasn't that amazing which may have cost it some business.

Another business on Bray Main Street dies on its behind.

Can we all agree that we want to keep Oli's and the nepalese place open and eat there more often from now on?

Oli's is the best bray has to offer but sadly a 15 minute drive gets you better coffee in cafe du journal.
    that Kathmandu place is good?do tell.it looks awful from outside and with every rstaurant there going tail up after a few months i thought it would be terrible.

What's wrong with the outside of it? It fits the restaurant well i think.

Yes, it's very good (IMO). What's "awful" about it from the outside?

Oli's is the best bray has to offer but sadly a 15 minute drive gets you better coffee in cafe du journal.

What's wrong with the outside of it? It fits the restaurant well i think.

I'd be inclined to disagree here, had the best Italian coffee in the Little Shop earlier. It was divine!

Also, I went to Mt. Everest of Kathmandu last week... DELICIOUS. The atmosphere was nice, the decor lovely, and the food was amazing. It's the first time I've ever finished a meal in a restaurant in my life!

But I really don't see what's so unappealing about the outside? Looks perfectly fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

really?must give it a try....if I can afford a meal out these days!

the outide? I guess its the name.When I see it, I think it is long and convoluted and the place must be someones desperate attempt at another establishment in that location, this time under a different niche cuisine name. Also, I passed by and saw noone in there several occasions.

Your recommendations are enticing. Im obviously judging a book by its cover.

Have any examples of dishes they serve? Is it like Chinese?with a mix of indian?

Have any examples of dishes they serve? Is it like Chinese?with a mix of indian?
    http://mteverestofkathmandu.com/ourmenu/

really?must give it a try....if I can afford a meal out these days!

the outide? I guess its the name.When I see it, I think it is long and convoluted and the place must be someones desperate attempt at another establishment in that location, this time under a different niche cuisine name. Also, I passed by and saw noone in there several occasions.

Your recommendations are enticing. Im obviously judging a book by its cover.

You must be walking by at completely different times of day than me! :pac:
    I've been shocked that everytime I walked by the restaurant in that cursed spot that there was actually people in it!! :D

It's like a mix of Nepalese and Indian :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Candeela

New Centra has (re)opened in the Egan Centre on Dargle Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Candeela wrote: »
    New Centra has (re)opened in the Egan Centre on Dargle Road.

Popped in on Saturday and they had a good few offers which we availed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

I'm sure most people are aware of this but I thought I'd post it anyway that a new Subway shop opened up last month couple of doors next to the Royal Hotel beside where the old Nutmeg newsagents used to be.

According to a poster in the window, there's a new Indian restaurant, Crown of India, opening shortly where Don Quixote's used to be. I don't suppose the owners of the Mt. Everest of Kathmandu will be too pleased about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Alun wrote: »
    According to a poster in the window, there's a new Indian restaurant, Crown of India, opening shortly where Don Quixote's used to be. I don't suppose the owners of the Mt. Everest of Kathmandu will be too pleased about that.

Typical this happening in Bray, it's like when the three sweetshops opened within a few shops of each other! Ridiculous!

Was in the Kathmandu last night and the owner didn't seem to worried about the new 'competition' :)

I also noticed that Totterdell's window was empty of all stock, with the shutter's down and a big To Let sign on the front. TBH I wondered how they managed to last as long as they did given the competition from the big names plus online sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

Totterdells closed years ago AFAIK

Calibos wrote: »
    Totterdells closed years ago AFAIK
    Did it? Ooops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Candeela

The Raven Gym in Bray closed down yesterday with no advance warning or notice for its members....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

The School Uniform Shop is back open at the back of the church. It had been closed for ages but its back now with new owners and new management.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Candeela wrote: »
    The Raven Gym in Bray closed down yesterday with no advance warning or notice for its members....

again?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Here's the menu for the new Crown of India ...

http://www.menupages.ie/Wicklow/north_wicklow/bray/crown_of_india/menu

Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Saw a new bed shop opened up in the boulevard beside tesco express, also I think Lino's beside the dart station got bought out it looks like new staff and a new name "Capri".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭George White

Any more new shops? How does one join the Council?

Advertisement