Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I don't agree with Micheal Duignan about the sending off,weather conditions didn't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

The only person to blame for Hogans sending off is Hogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

That was a red all day.
    Hopefully that's the turning point for Tipp that I thought the goal would be.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 Weepsie

Was a red... but if shows the lack of consistency by refs... in the Munster final Tipp should have had 2 lads sent off for challenges a lot worse than richies...

And a second red in the semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A very brave call by the ref. He could have bottled it and shown yellow but it was 100%red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Think red was the right call. Don’t necessarily think it was deliberate but can absolutely see why he got a red.

Issue I have is that Tipp should definitely have at least 3 yellows already. Barrett for the high neck challenge, and then there were two completely deliberate pull backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Been a dirty game so far, mostly frees

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Was he not deffo going for a shoulder just Barrett got back enough?

I've just seen it.

That's simply embarrassing by Barret. Did he even actually connect? Barret initiated it too by fouling in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sickening that Galway aren’t in this. Two bang average sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

That was a red all day.
    Hopefully that's the turning point for Tipp that I thought the goal would be.

I said b4 game that Tipp would win by 10 pats now they’ve no excuse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've just seen it.

That's simply embarrassing by Barret. Did he even actually connect? Barret initiated it too by fouling in the first place.

What??? He tried to elbow him in the head and actually succeeded. If that’s not a red card I have no idea what people think one is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

And Galway weren't? Not like they went out in a one off freak knockout game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭Seadin

If they were good enough they be there full stop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've just seen it.

He did connect alright - I thought the exact same as you initially but from behind you can see the movement of his head when Hogan connected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭testtech05

I've just seen it.

I thought the same at first but there is another angle they showed where is elbow connects right on Barrett's chin.
    Was a definite red for me when I saw that last angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭decies

Yellow card only from me clumsily tackle yes but yellow for me . Owners bottled it imho .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Junior b hurling from hogan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭1373

I've just seen it.

If you just seen it , then you’ll know he connected

Tried to shoulder and cocked it. Barret got out of the way and was waving his arms and falling before the tackle.

Not saying it's not a red, but Barrett has definitely overreacted there. If we saw a footballer doin that we'd be giving them all sorts of abuse.

He's playacting to try and get the red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,198 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't agree with Micheal Duignan about the sending off,weather conditions didn't do it.

RTÉ commentators are a watery shower. Afraid to offend anyone. I watch it with the sound off as they’re rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hogan finally sees a red!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Galway were very average themselves this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Gachla

Pity about the sending off and the weather. Has wrecked the match a little. In fairness, it was a sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

slegs wrote: »
    What??? He tried to elbow him in the head and actually succeeded. If that’s not a red card I have no idea what people think one is

Think he is going in high for the shoulder and the quick feet of Barrett makes him miss completely and he gets the face then. No option but a red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

KK wouldn't be here if Limerick hadn't collapsed in the first 20 mins of the SF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He lifts the elbow towards Barrett... What else could he have expected?

Shefflin going for his own boy. Ffs you need to be impartial on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

Tipps workhorses Breen, McCormack and O'Meara have brought Tipp back in the game and given them a foothold between the 40s when their were out of the game. That's been the major change.

Very bad for KK to be down on the scoreboard and in personnel. They have done most of the hurling, but have had no composure in front of goal. Likes of Fennelly and Walter are great lads to win ball and take on their men, but are not natural scorers.

Ref has been inconsistent. A few Tipp lads are lucky not to be in his book. But his no penalty on Callinan was a wrong call. He was 100% right to send of Hogan.

Duignan and Marty are horrendous. Duignan trying to blame the rain for Hogan deliberately elbowing Barrett in the head.. like WTF.

Poor game overall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ronan Maher was caught around the neck and no yellow, so singling out Barrett is a tad unfair. If anyone says it wasn't a red, they're being ignorant. Fierce dangerous and very much deliberate.

Tipp have been poor. I don't think the red will be that much of an advantage, but that's based on the semi final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kilkenny man thinks it was a harsh call.

Shock horror lol.

Advertisement