Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sally better behave herself and not get notions!

*Kevin approaches, theme from Jaws intensifies*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

who dat?

AVIVA ad from 4 or 5 years ago. A man with a "Lucky Rugby Coat" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Best Coronation Street spoiler I have read in ages:
    Also, Tim tells Sally he is taking Faye away for a while.

I will miss Tim

Sally will probably hook up with Kevin again while he is away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I will miss Tim

Tim is one of those characters that grow on you in time.

Started off as the funny guy but when it got to "serious story time" I think he actually did real well.

Pity he wouldn't take Sally's sister with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Ann22 wrote: »
    It was a "technicality" if memory serves. Don't know if it was explained or not but if it was, my brain refused to process it.

Stylishly put as usual, Anne!

I think the evidence gathered by the police was found to be unsafe. In spite of the fact that Tracey was herself wildly unsafe, she was let out.

• Advertisement

Lads, what do ye make of the romance between Steve and Tracey? Seems to have affected his brain and reduced him to a gibbering imbecile.

Lads, what do ye make of the romance between Steve and Tracey? Seems to have affected his brain and reduced him to a gibbering imbecile.

He was that way always :p

I prefer him with her than Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cathy427

Sally better behave herself and not get notions!
    I will miss Tim

SERIOUSLY LADS, FFS - Could ye not have put the spoilers tags on the replies????????

I for one am enjoying that Corrie is not announcing everything in advance and whilst I enjoy this thread I never read the spoilers.

cathy427 wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY LADS, FFS - Could ye not have put the spoilers tags on the replies????????

I for one am enjoying that Corrie is not announcing everything in advance and whilst I enjoy this thread I never read the spoilers.

Some replies are just speculation because Tim is going on a temporary holiday essentially so not much spoilered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I will miss Tim

Thanks for spoiling!!!!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Thanks for spoiling!!!!

My sincerest apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cathy427

Some replies are just speculation because Tim is going on a temporary holiday essentially so not much spoilered

Aggghhhhh, please stop.

Don't believe the answer was to give away more about the spoiler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Leave Liz alone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

Why did Adam change Billy's drugs? Was it to overdose him on paracetamol? Didn't get that bit, and wondered how Billy wouldn't notice different tablets?

threetrees wrote: »
    Why did Adam change Billy's drugs? Was it to overdose him on paracetamol? Didn't get that bit, and wondered how Billy wouldn't notice different tablets?
    Adam bought the packs to switch Billy's strong painkillers with cheap paracetamol

I think Adam's revenge is to get Billy hooked on drugs
    fin12 wrote: »
    Leave Liz alone.....

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I think Adam's revenge is to get Billy hooked on drugs

I thought it was to cause him more suffering replacing strong painkillers with simple paracetamol.
    He'd be more inclined to become addicted to stronger opioid type meds.

SAMTALK wrote:
    Pity he wouldn't take Sally's sister with him!

How unbearably irritating is she to watch??? Her voice....Jeeeezus..the stupid laughing at nothing!! Fuuuck! She exhausts me!..and wtf is she doing gluing tinsel and stuff to clothes...completely barmy! .
    And not in a fun..
    'ah would you look at her now.. the big funny eejit..Isn't she mad craic?" sort of way. Yeah yeah...I know she has bipolar but I don't really want to follow her story. I struggle to feel sorry for her. I do feel sorry for Dev though...Id imagine she goes all night long, whooping and bouncing up and down on him while he lies there sweating and staring at the ceiling...praying the kids can't hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How unbearably irritating is she to watch??? Her voice....Jeeeezus..the stupid laughing at nothing!! Fuuuck! She exhausts me!..and wtf is she doing gluing tinsel and stuff to clothes...completely barmy! .
    And not in a fun..
    'ah would you look at her now.. the big funny eejit..Isn't she mad craic?" sort of way. Yeah yeah...I know she has bipolar but I don't really want to follow her story. I struggle to feel sorry for her. I do feel sorry for Dev though...Id imagine she goes all night long, whooping and bouncing up and down on him while he lies there sweating and staring at the ceiling...praying the kids can't hear.

Dev would literally go out with anyone. You’d only have to go on a date with him and you would be moving into his house the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

And not in a fun..

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

And not in a fun..
    The funny thing is, of the multiple adults I know diagnosed with bipolar, she represents none of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Dev's only after a babysitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

ELM327 wrote: »
    The funny thing is, of the multiple adults I know diagnosed with bipolar, she represents none of them.

I think the that "Stacey" on EE does a much better portrayal than Sally's sister (whatever her name is) going down the comic route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Ugh I can't stand Bethany on the show and in real life, do you hear her acceptance speech at the NTA's? Came across as an idiot of highest proportions. Time to grow up , she's not that young! Barbara Knox or the fella that plays Aaron on Emmerdale deserved it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,139 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Ugh I can't stand Bethany on the show and in real life, do you hear her acceptance speech at the NTA's? Came across as an idiot of highest proportions. Time to grow up , she's not that young! Barbara Knox or the fella that plays Aaron on Emmerdale deserved it more.

So shes actually like Helen only younger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

And not in a fun..

I just came on here to say the same thing. Her and Brian in the one scene is too much to take!

"We are here to see if this is a suitable place to work in" says Gail. What do you think Gail? Go figure? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That bloke Bill who knows Pat was in Pobol Y Cym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Dev's only after a babysitter.

Another baby momma

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Ah this Billy/Adam thing is a joke. Does he not think Peter will have told him? The son of the woman i was involved in killing is the last person I'd trust to get me painkillers!

Nicola is using her loaf anyway since no one else in soapland can be bothered to use theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is Nicola pretending???

Yes, pretending to Phealen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Is Nicola pretending???
    At last, an end in sight to the Phelan storyline

Icsics wrote: »

I sincerely hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I just wonder if Nicola is plotting to double cross Gary, instead of letting him think she is doing it to Phelan. I hope I am wrong because Phelan needs his comeuppance.

• Advertisement

There is rumours his exit is in May around time of Britain's Got Talent big live week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

There is rumours his exit is in May around time of Britain's Got Talent big live week

That's very specific :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Could Phelan accidentally kill Nicola and his un born grandchild and get as part of his comeuppance.

Sarah will allow Harry join various social media sites and then complain to the administrators if they remove his account!

Could Phelan accidentally kill Nicola and his un born grandchild and get as part of his comeuppance.

I do believe that as bad as the character is that he genuinely does love Nicola and being a father. I like that bit of nuance to his character tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I do believe that as bad as the character is that he genuinely does love Nicola and being a father. I like that bit of nuance to his character tbh

yes , and before nicola kicked off at him, he sorta like calmed down his ways - it was after nicola confronted him that he got really angry and was no point to him being 'nice' that he took it out by killing andy and vinnie and framing anna with the ladder episode wasnt it?.

Sarah will allow Harry join various social media sites and then complain to the administrators if they remove his account!

does that all go out of the window now about the issue of bethany being under-age to work in that place .. does that not figure any more in the scheme of things?

and how ridiculous this storyline has panned out that her mum is so OK with her daughter working there now and getting her job back ... what a load of bollox

no wonder corrie is no longer winning NTA's like they used to do

Actually that's something that might just trigger a confession. As a psychopath he can't feel properly for others but his daughter and grandchild he could view as an extention of himself or as possessions. At times we see glimpses of humanity but I think it's more that he gets flashes of thoughts where he wants to be good so he can feel normal which he isn't.

I do believe he loves Nicola and if he did kill her it would be by accident/not planned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

How did Madison (:rolleyes:) get the job..i never saw that bit....AGAIN she just met some random girl.....I'm wondering if Nathan owns the club....

As Andy said..the under age thing is forgotten....unless theres a raid..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

i can't help feeling, by Phelan's facial expression at the end of the last episode, that he's seeing through Nichola's plan. You see if I'm not right.

(I'm usually not right) :confused:

Coronation Street are looking for new writers to bring it back to it traditional roots due to criticism of newer darker story lines.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2103334/coronation-street-launches-hunt-for-new-writers-to-take-show-back-to-its-traditional-roots/

Oliverdog wrote: »
    i can't help feeling, by Phelan's facial expression at the end of the last episode, that he's seeing through Nichola's plan. You see if I'm not right.

(I'm usually not right) :confused:

looked more like a 'contented' smile to me like "i've got away with everything and life just keeps getting better and better" kind of smile

Coronation Street are looking for new writers to bring it back to it traditional roots due to criticism of newer darker story lines.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2103334/coronation-street-launches-hunt-for-new-writers-to-take-show-back-to-its-traditional-roots/

just hope they are not shooting themselves in the foot though because although it could go back to the gritty soap it once was it still needs to move with the times if they want a wide age ranging viewing audience

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

they were quick to replace Luke in the garage, they could have waited until his funeral was over. I know funerals take place ages after a death in the UK but surely the garage isn't that busy that they can wait and show a bit of respect. Also the new mechanic has his feet under the table already without having a days work done or meeting Kevin he's organizing a boxing gig in memory of Luke who he didn't even know :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement