Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,224 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bethany should need time to deal with what Nathan did to her and that won't be easy but they should show her getting counselling and struggling instead of working as a lap dancer

• Registered Users Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually think Anna being in prison and away from Faye is the best thing ever for her. She's better behaved than she's ever being!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I actually think Anna being in prison and away from Faye is the best thing ever for her. She's better behaved than she's ever being!

If Anna starts whinging and squealing when inside they won't keep her there too long I'd imagine :p

Who is Anna or Faye :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

is that the last scenes we have seen of Anna now? - was that her last scenes. Has the actor who plays her left the show totally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

is that the last scenes we have seen of Anna now? - was that her last scenes. Has the actor who plays her left the show totally?

Would we be so lucky

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Or maybe make it the responsibility of the parents what they let their children watch

yep , thats right. Thats what i was getting at . It should be the parents responsibility for what their children watch ultimately ... however it should be corrie's / the stations obligatory to make sure that if there are going to be scenes unsuitable that they be shown after 9pm

Didnt anna and her fella enter corrie with 2 kids? - or was it just Gary. I thought there was another one. a brother to gary no?

Didnt anna and her fella enter corrie with 2 kids? - or was it just Gary. I thought there was another one. a brother to gary no?

Anna and Eddie arrived with Gary their only child and Eddie's brother

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anna and Eddie arrived with Gary their only child and Eddie's brother

ah right thanks - what happened to eddies brother then do you know?

• Advertisement

Yes I think that Debbie Rush's last scenes unless she has filmed extra but she is gone from the show

blimey just been reading up that she's been in the soap 10 years . didnt realise it was that long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

he was, and IRL he would have been able to sue for false imprisonment wouldnt he. He should have asked his solicitor brother Adam

*nephew ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Judging by this tweet yes that's the last we have seen of Anna. Bit stupid if you ask me as they should show her bring sentenced.

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/955545373694504960

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

yep , thats right. Thats what i was getting at . It should be the parents responsibility for what their children watch ultimately ... however it should be corrie's / the stations obligatory to make sure that if there are going to be scenes unsuitable that they be shown after 9pm

But Corrie is rarely shown after 9pm so not possible.

fin12 wrote: »
    But Corrie is rarely shown after 9pm so not possible.

well, maybe they have to tone things down a bit. Did you see how that bouncer(s) laid into Gary there and his bloodied face. - very realistic.

Pushing aside that minors should not be watching corrie and who's fault it is for letting them watch it, the real fact is that they do and that was quite a graphic scene that. - as was Phelan pulling a gun on Vinny and Andy and shooting them.

And then we are supposed to begetting a subject of male rape soon - I applaud them for tackling such issues and i know they are highlighting issues what goes on in real life .. but let us not forget also that really in the way TV is they still have to have a responsibility of what content is shown on TV and before watershed.

Maybe with the male rape storyline they will show it after 9pm - I think if my memory serves me with the bethany platt storyline they shifted one or 2 episodes to after 9 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

blimey just been reading up that she's been in the soap 10 years . didnt realise it was that long

It felt a lot longer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

It felt a lot longer

Nearly 9 years she said in the clip.

I remember when the Windasses came into the show first, Gareh was said to be a skilled boxer (according to Dozy Rosie) Last night though he was beat like a child and despite his military experience, said boxing skills, and recent experience in the Ukraine, he never managed to lay a glove on the bouncers. I know he was outnumbered but you would think he would get at least one dig in?

Nicola returns and pretends to be friends with Pat again in the hope of catching him out. She convinces him to give Garry a job on the old mill site and they can't figure out what he's hiding. Gary lashes out at Pat when he mocks Bethany. I wonder will Gary end up inside like his mother?

• Advertisement

ah right thanks - what happened to eddies brother then do you know?

I remember when they first arrived they had beef with David and Tina's father and that Gary fancied Tina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Bethany should need time to deal with what Nathan did to her and that won't be easy but they should show her getting counselling and struggling instead of working as a lap dancer

That has to be one of the craziest storylines ever. :mad: Obviously written by people who have zero empathy/understanding for a woman who was abused as Bethany was. It actually makes me quite angry to see what the writers have done to her.

I actually kind of get the Bethany story line in a way. It mightn't be as extreme as Bethany because they are no lap dancing clubs in rural county Cork but they really press the self destruct button!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,720 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Poor Gary all bloodied up, no one gives any lip to the bouncer at the strip club, which is a shame, as he could do with some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Poor Gary all bloodied up, no one gives any lip to the bouncer at the strip club, which is a shame, as he could do with some.

It was ridiculous him sitting for hours on a hospital trolley while no-one had even cleaned up his cuts.

happyday wrote: »
    It was ridiculous him sitting for hours on a hospital trolley while no-one had even cleaned up his cuts.

yeah, i could understand it if it was in a hospital in Ireland .... in a corridor ... for 8 hours ;)

Sue Cleaver (AKA easily duped eileen) starred in an advert for pot noodle years ago. she was in a call centre with a guy and fell backwards in a chair. Was trying to find it , cant find it anywhere - not even youtube. so if someone actually comes across it I wouldnt mind seeing it again. Think it was long before she starred in Corrie.

I see she is also an Agony aunt sometimes on ITV's "this morning" show too (or was a couple of times)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sue Cleaver (AKA easily duped eileen) starred in an advert for pot noodle years ago. she was in a call centre with a guy and fell backwards in a chair. Was trying to find it , cant find it anywhere - not even youtube. so if someone actually comes across it I wouldnt mind seeing it again. Think it was long before she starred in Corrie.

I see she is also an Agony aunt sometimes on ITV's "this morning" show too (or was a couple of times)

I think she is a psychotherapist in real life, I remember reading an article where she went back to college to train as one.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think she is a psychotherapist in real life, I remember reading an article where she went back to college to train as one.

ah right ... very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I dont remember .. how did Tracey get out. It was manslaughter that she got done for hitting the builder over the back of the head wasnt it or was it self-defence?

It was a "technicality" if memory serves. Don't know if it was explained or not but if it was, my brain refused to process it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement