Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Oct 2016]

Options

Comments

They
    hit the front next week and from Monday (per TV guide) "Cain is incriminated." (In what? Can't remember recent spoilers.) Then during the week features Cain, Charity and Noah.

That running parallel to the aftermath of the crash and Lacky auditioning for BGT as an illusionist.

Remember Robbie's swimming last year that would put even the most juiced up athletes in Russia to shame? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Cain is questioned by the police about James and the guy Finn saved in the crash is likely to become to his new love interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

In the real world there would have to be questions about James and where he came from i.e Pierce saying he didn't see anyone at the side of the road
    People wondering why James had no shoes on
    Why he was wearing a suit
    What he was doing out on his own without crutches
    Why his leg had broken a second time
    The car behind Ashley would surely have seen him falling onto Ashley's car

But this isn't the real world...I don't want poor Ashley to get the blame :(

I missed a great deal of the week and have followed most of the story on here until the end of Friday's episode.

How did Lachlan get out of the boot? Was he injured or did he just walk back to Home Farm all wet and injured and nobody noticed a thing?

Were no questions raised as to where James came from and did any medic notice that some of his injuries might be consistent with a fall from a height ?

Would a Post Mortem show that maybe he had a lot of drugs in his system?

Ashley wouldn't have seen what fell on the windscreen but anyone travelling behind him would have seen something, even for a split second.

I was waiting for the twist to be honest. James departure was so well known, I thought they might pull a surprise but no such luck. Given the severity of the pile up, it's truly amazing that he was the only casualty.

Then again this is Emmerdale. It's gone beyond even the realms of Soap ridiculousness with the unreality of this storyline and it's consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

<snip> How did Lachlan get out of the boot? Was he injured or did he just walk back to Home Farm all wet and injured and nobody noticed a thing?
    Hence my reference to BGT. He was tied up and gagged in the boot. He released the ropes (you don't see it), opened the boot from the inside underwater so pushing the force of the water away, got out, he kindly closed the boot (when mine were teens they didn't close a door), swam to the bank, hid behind a tree and surveyed the "reveal" from a distance. The one in the McCain's ad found a huge oven chip and Ant and Dec hit their golden button.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Speaking of good swimmers, when will Declan return...;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hence my reference to BGT. He was tied up and gagged in the boot. He released the ropes (you don't see it), opened the boot from the inside underwater so pushing the force of the water away, got out, he kindly closed the boot (when mine were teens they didn't close a door), swam to the bank, hid behind a tree and surveyed the "reveal" from a distance. The one in the McCain's ad found a huge oven chip and Ant and Dec hit their golden button.

There was a shot of him freeing his hands in the boot before the crash - no idea how he opened the boot from the inside though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

most boots have inner release hatches. In fact I think its law now for a sedan to have one as there were a number of incidents when kids got themselves locked inside.

page.h119.jpg

I imagine the idea is that he had it released just before the crash but was waiting for the car to stop as he wasnt going to hop out at 60mph on a motorway!
    Obviously the water pressure kind of poses a bit of reality check but there were far worse suspense of reality moments than that tbh!

I think maybe the guy Finn saved saw something

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Who was this guy? Some non-village resident who was misfortunate enough to be on the road at the time?

I suppose Cain is a likely suspect to have harmed James although he's very busy with his French classes and reading up on the likely effect of Breixt on the UK citizens living in France of late. Maybe he's even been trying to get an Irish passport! :)

The police usually ignore the most obvious person (Emma) and take a detour before eventually get the right person after months and months of dragging it out. Like the Home Farm fire, which went on forever before it was solved.

Did Moira wear her funeral dress for Holly's funeral? She wore it at Gennie's and now at James's send off.

Radio5 wrote: »

Did Moira wear her funeral dress for Holly's funeral? She wore it at Gennie's and now at James's send off.

It was James favorite one...I remember in the car he was trying to get it off...the dress i mean:o

• Advertisement

It was James favorite one...I remember in the car he was trying to get it off...the dress i mean:o

Not much material to take off, in fairness!! ( , ) ( , )

Will Robert change his name to Dingle once married and maybe Emma will lend her dress to him or Aaron :p who did he perm his hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

In a murder investigation Emma would be the main suspect from the start as she is his partner, was the last one to see him, was supposedly caring for him all alone in the house and then she told the cops today how James had a thing for Moira, motive. Why wasn't the house searched immediately? She said she went out to the shops when James wandered off but can anyone calloborate, saw her at the time James fell off the bridge, did they check her phone to see her phone records? And where is James phone? Can they ever for once do a proper investigation in a soap.

All of your points are correct. If James was 'in love' with Moira, there's a great big motive for Emma staring them in the face. Instead they'll go after Cain. While he has a criminal record, has been separated/divorced from Moira for a while now, and was when she and James had their taxi trip. When was the last time he would have seen James anyway? It's not as if he helped them move into Wylie's or went to the hospital with flowers to wish James well is it..

Soap operas rarely if ever show a proper investigation. They prefer to drag it on and on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Radio5 wrote: »
    All of your points are correct. If James was 'in love' with Moira, there's a great big motive for Emma staring them in the face. Instead they'll go after Cain. While he has a criminal record, has been separated/divorced from Moira for a while now, and was when she and James had their taxi trip. When was the last time he would have seen James anyway? It's not as if he helped them move into Wylie's or went to the hospital with flowers to wish James well is it..

Soap operas rarely if ever show a proper investigation. They prefer to drag it on and on.

Just trying to picture this :D
    The police must be exhausted at this stage going after Cain. Surely Emma should be their first suspect.

The posts above about the swimming reminded me of one of my favourite scenes in Emmerdale of recent years, Cameron, Debbie, Marlon and Chas swimming under The Woolpack. I cried laughing at that scene. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook me. That blonde chick is a deplorable actor.

Zak and Lisa......
    getting back together after sharing passionate kiss?
    Link contains spoilers

You could be right and his name will be Kasim. :)

Kasim1.jpg

Why did Emma burn her dress, I was hoping she would lend it to Aaron or Robert for their big day :p

At least her burning the dress is realistic behaviour! I was half expecting the inevitable hiding it merely to be discovered by Finn in a couple of weeks and things being unravelled.

I anticipate that John Doe guy who Finn becomes attached to will hold the key to identifying Emma. He was behind Ashley, am I right? So he probably seen her perhaps? And he will get a eureka moment

• Advertisement

Sorry, someone suggested same above! Here was me thinking I was a genius !!

I fear poor Ross will next to be blamed for pushing James, he has no alibi except for his random hook up who he has no contact details for :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I fear poor Ross will next to be blamed for pushing James, he has no alibi except for his random hook up who he has no contact details for :(

Yeah Emma will probably try blame Ross next. Would imagine her DNA is all over James though...

Rule number 1, Always take a number even if you dont want to see her again....she might become your alibi :D

For the Nikhil fans among you, Rik Makarem makes his debut as Dr. Sebastian Grayling in Casualty on BBC1 this Saturday at 9:10pm.

New_Casualty_trailer_sees_Emmerdale_star_Rik_Mak.jpg

walshb wrote: »
    Fook me. That blonde chick is a deplorable actor.

Carly....beep beep beeeep beep beeep beeep :D

OMG Cain admitting he was wrong and going back to Moira :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Chas is having twins in real life early 2017, wonder what way they will do her exit?

Carly....beep beep beeeep beep beeep beeep :D

:D....yeah, she loves c**k, gagging for it, loves it up he *************** she does........

• Advertisement

For the Nikhil fans among you, Rik Makarem makes his debut as Dr. Sebastian Grayling in Casualty on BBC1 this Saturday at 9:10pm.

New_Casualty_trailer_sees_Emmerdale_star_Rik_Mak.jpg

Will he be seen jogging into work in his lycra...maybe we'll get a smile out of hime some day...

Advertisement