Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Marnocks Bay - Dun Si

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nelson37

Thank you so much for the quick reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

I think the next phase for release in Skylark is all 4 beds but there should be plenty of 3 beds in later phases

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Anyone have an idea on prices or timelines for the new release of 4beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea on prices or timelines for the new release of 4beds?

Interested to know this myself so following thread. Wonder will the prices be out of order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Interested to know this myself so following thread. Wonder will the prices be out of order

Presumably will be pretty similar to the 4 beds in the last phase, so around the 625 mark.

• Advertisement

Do these things tend to be all fitted wardrobes etc or should you keep your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Presumably will be pretty similar to the 4 beds in the last phase, so around the 625 mark.

Jesus wept there is no sense in those prices. Save your money and buy second hand in Malahide.

basill wrote: »
    Jesus wept there is no sense in those prices. Save your money and buy second hand in Malahide.

I dunno. I think there is a lot to be said for a new build

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Whack1983

Do these things tend to be all fitted wardrobes etc or should you keep your own?

The houses so far have all had fitted wardrobes so would expect the same.

There were no drawers but cubby hole style shelving

Hi folks just wanted to check. Are there management fees associated with these kinds of places like there are with Drumnigh Wood?

• Advertisement

None for skylark as far as I know

Hi folks just wanted to check. Are there management fees associated with these kinds of places like there are with Drumnigh Wood?

None for skylark as far as I know

Thanks. How does it work when they release the properties? Are there prospective homeowners crawling over each other to pay a deposit and secure something on day one?

Thanks. How does it work when they release the properties? Are there prospective homeowners crawling over each other to pay a deposit and secure something on day one?

We went on day one for the launch of first phase of Dun Si. Were a few gone by time we got there but there were plenty left. Put booking deposit down that day.
    If you had your heart set on a certain number then i would get there early. Not sure how it works now with restrictions

We have a deposit down for skylark.

We had to express interest and provide proof of funds and then we got an appointment for the release date. they operated it on an appointment basis and once you viewed you had the option to put a deposit down. There were a few gone by the time of our appointment.

We have a deposit down for skylark.

We had to express interest and provide proof of funds and then we got an appointment for the release date. they operated it on an appointment basis and once you viewed you had the option to put a deposit down. There were a few gone by the time of our appointment.

You mean you had it down for phase 1 or you have it down for phase 2? I'm in touch with the EA, I guess he'll keep me right...

For phase 1 - we viewed back in September
    You mean you had it down for phase 1 or you have it down for phase 2? I'm in touch with the EA, I guess he'll keep me right...

For phase 1 - we viewed back in September

Do you know when you expect to move in? I guess with the way things were going for phase 2 if I got a deposit down I wouldn't be in till about December minimum. It's a long lead time I guess but maybe worth the wait

It was meant to be June-September but based on construction being closed for so long I’d say we will be lucky to be in by the end of the year, which is really disappointing!

Did they give any time line for phase 2?
    Do you know when you expect to move in? I guess with the way things were going for phase 2 if I got a deposit down I wouldn't be in till about December minimum. It's a long lead time I guess but maybe worth the wait

It was meant to be June-September but based on construction being closed for so long I’d say we will be lucky to be in by the end of the year, which is really disappointing!

Did they give any time line for phase 2?

The EA said they might have more details next Friday or after but I think they just haven't been told anything at all yet.

I was indicate before that a 4 bed semi would come in somewhere between 600 and 650 but this seems quite high compared to the Dun Si prices I see on the property register for similar.

Do you have any price info for phase 1 to help shape my expectations? Or any info at all, could you possibly PM?

Appreciate your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Just came across these houses on daft and saw the new phase being advertised. Thought it sounded great until I read about the location being in flight path. Would love to see for myself how bad it is, but alas I’ll have to wait till level 5 ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

Guys, what are your views on climate change -> the rising sea level and the huge probability that houses on the coast of Ireland will be flooded?

I'm not soo worried about the flight path, but very concerned about the sea....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Klaudia. wrote: »
    Guys, what are your views on climate change -> the rising sea level and the huge probability that houses on the coast of Ireland will be flooded?

I think those skylark houses are at least 10 metres above sea level, from memory of the plans. If the sea starts threatening those properties then you would have a lot more to be worrying about globally than just the house.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but society may have collapsed by that point anyway meaning it is the least of your worries.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I think those skylark houses are at least 10 metres above sea level, from memory of the plans. If the sea starts threatening those properties then you would have a lot more to be worrying about globally than just the house.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but society may have collapsed by that point anyway meaning it is the least of your worries.

True but I'd worry about house insurance going up in the meantime! No way of predicting this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭easygoing39

There's a better chance of a plane crashing into St. Marnock's Bay in a blazing fireball,killing all on the ground than rising sea levels in your lifetime.If your worried about sea levels I'd buy a house in Torcaill.

https://www.floodmap.net/

Is a handy tool to use. Gives a rough guide of what would happen for each meter rise

As mentioned st. Marnocks is roughly 10 meters elevated so the town of portmarnock would flood first along with chunks of dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Klaudia.

There's a better chance of a plane crashing into St. Marnock's Bay in a blazing fireball,killing all on the ground than rising sea levels in your lifetime.If your worried about sea levels I'd buy a house in Torcaill.

Hahahaa, you made me laugh soo much :D:D:D:D

Thanks, I may exaggerate and worries too much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

You will be fine. You live in a country that is completely on top of such matters. Worry not a jot as each year the sea inches up to your back garden and the TDs set up a committee and Fingal washes their hands of any responsibility for building sea walls. Rest assured that in about 25 years they will come back with an independent report by a retired judge that will lay the blame firmly at the foot of no one. Then the Taoiseach of the day will go on TV and give a heart felt apology but no outline for compensation:)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Any word on when the new phase will actually go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NewHouse2021

With construction reopening shortly, does anyone have any updated timelines for completion date of Phase 1?

Has anyone had any contact with developer/builder? We were hoping to get in touch with them over an item.

Also, does anyone have any accurate floor measurements for the Petrel? The 3D tour thing on the Savills website is pretty cool, but I think the distances are a bit off (if you measure the beds you get the conclusion that they are either very unusually bespoke sized beds, or else the measuring tool is a bit off). Very hard to plan flooring etc without knowing the measurements.

• Advertisement

With construction reopening shortly, does anyone have any updated timelines for completion date of Phase 1?

Has anyone had any contact with developer/builder? We were hoping to get in touch with them over an item.

Also, does anyone have any accurate floor measurements for the Petrel? The 3D tour thing on the Savills website is pretty cool, but I think the distances are a bit off (if you measure the beds you get the conclusion that they are either very unusually bespoke sized beds, or else the measuring tool is a bit off). Very hard to plan flooring etc without knowing the measurements.

I'm pretty sure the brochure for the recently launched phase has exact floor measurements. Possibly the previous brochure has it too?

Advertisement