Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lay of the Festival

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

handsfree2 wrote: »
    The stable confidence is appealing but she jumped like a crab the last time out and that would be a major concern for a race like this.

Yeah she can be clumsy and too big but I suppose they’re going with that old ‘jump better when they’re going faster’ line which can be true tbf. She’s the horse I’m most looking forward to seeing running next week I’d say and I can’t wait to see her in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Nulty wrote: »
    Laurina is the lay of the festival imo

She looks very classy, may not win but certainly wouldnt be laying her

The stable confidence is appealing but she jumped like a crab the last time out and that would be a major concern for a race like this.

Might be a case she was going too slow for herself, some horses are far better hurdlers when the pace lifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Kalashnikov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Sorry but thats such BS!!!
    What are you on about "jumped like a crab" ?!?!?!

She did in her hole!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Shemale wrote: »
    Might be a case she was going too slow for herself, some horses are far better hurdlers when the pace lifts

That's possible but I haven't seen any evidence that would convince me that going faster would improve her jumping.

I thought she was slow from one side to the other and she was akward over a few. I was watching with a view to unloading the clip on her for the champion hurdle. But like a bird with BO, it was a major turn off.

I thought she was slow from one side to the other and she was akward over a few. I was watching with a view to unloading the clip on her for the champion hurdle. But like a bird with BO, it was a major turn off.

If you are thinking of "unloading the clip" in this race of all races, that's madness man!!!
    Pick a race with a good price fav, pick Delta Work, pick Sir Erec, don't go all in on a race with 3 very possible winners

That's possible but I haven't seen any evidence that would convince me that going faster would improve her jumping.

Because she hasn't been flat out yet.

You have seen her races ya................?
    When did she need to go fast? After the second last the last day maybe was the only time, and which poin she quickened up, winged the last and went away from them...

Lad no offence ok but you are talking bollocks

• Advertisement

You have seen her races ya................?
    When did she need to go fast? After the second last the last day maybe was the only time, and which poin she quickened up, winged the last and went away from them...

Winging one hurdle can hardly be taken as convincing evidence of an ability to jump well at speed.

You really should change your name to RambunctiousRoger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭droidman123

Shemale wrote: »
    You really should change your name to RambunctiousRoger :D

Or nevershutsthefukup roger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Benie Des Deaux

Ruby said it's his best ride of the festival. That's enough for me to stay away.

I learned my lesson with this skunk years ago. I not only had the Mullins acca with Annie Power back in 2015, I had Annie as the last leg not at odds on, but at 4/1 to win by over 5L. 4 figure payout off a 2 figure bet scuppered. Not gonna say Ive never backed him since but I generally avoid and certainly wasnt going to go for him in the same race as the last disaster. This is why you'll never see a broke bookies, punters get mugged off and come back for more!

I actually skipped the whole day today and I'm glad I did. Would have taken one of the top 3 in the champion hurdle and probably angels breath in the 1st and OK corral in the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

I learned my lesson with this skunk years ago. I not only had the Mullins acca with Annie Power back in 2015, I had Annie as the last leg not at odds on, but at 4/1 to win by over 5L. 4 figure payout off a 2 figure bet scuppered. Not gonna say Ive never backed him since but I generally avoid and certainly wasnt going to go for him in the same race as the last disaster. This is why you'll never see a broke bookies, punters get mugged off and come back for more!

I actually skipped the whole day today and I'm glad I did. Would have taken one of the top 3 in the champion hurdle and probably angels breath in the 1st and OK corral in the last.

It was going to hack up ffs???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

I put up Kalashnikov and faugheen here so went better than my win bets, something for next year maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Glen Forsa

Nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Apples Jade

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone laying Sir Erec?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Anyone laying Sir Erec?

Surely they take him on an Evens or 11/10 becomes available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Shortest price favorite of the week. Surely they take him on an Evens or 11/10 becomes available.

Altior?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Altior?

Yikes still sleepy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anyone laying Sir Erec?

I really need to listen to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    I don’t lay so these are just ones I’d be swerving that are near top of market

Lalor, I’m skeptical on his form this season, not last season, even with what looks like a terrible year quality wise

Champ, liked him few months ago but some of the form lines are falling apart last month or so

Footpad Ryanair- that’s one of the races of the festival and with his prep this season you’d want blind confidence having him fav

Watch all 3 win on the bridle :)

Laying easy game :) though champ ran far better than I expected that was a good Ballymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BumperD wrote: »
    Laying easy game :) though champ ran far better than I expected that was a good Ballymore

When Champ learns to settle properly he could be a monster, still a great run from him but tends to over race still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

I was really convinced Champ would be a bust, but he's a very fine horse based on that. Santini too, a little gutted I didn't bite at some of the 33s for the GC next year.

Advertisement