Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a part finished project - John Woods Acorn 21' Catamaran

Options
  • 13-01-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have decided to see if I can sell my part finished catamaran. It's a John Woods Acorn design and I have finished one hull.

Due to various reasons, I can't see myself getting to finish the second hull, so have decided to see if someone is interested in finishing it.

A bit of information

Link to Woods design:
    http://www.sailingcatamarans.com/index.php/designs-2/2-catamarans-under-25ft/167-acorn

Link to my build progress. The last picture was taken today. I moved the hull out of the garage a few months ago, as I needed the room.
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/117199063345477057115/album/AF1QipPtgXu8N0Mg4dOueCsWOooqOZ7YRiuiCLxbpEOV?source=pwa&authKey=CNisi6nKvri3-AE

I also have all the hardware etc. to finish including
    Hobie 18 mast, boom, sails, rigging (inc. roller jib), rudders, blocks etc.

Both aluminium crossbeams

Hatches, various cleats, perspex for windows etc.

As you can see, one hull is finished, and I have the bulkheads for the other hull made, as well as the two dagger boards, one completed and one needs to be sanded etc.

The completed hull just needs the deck painted, the cabin cover made, and the bottom of the daggerboard case opened.

I am looking for around 1500, which doesn't come anywhere near covering my costs to date, but that's the way it is.

Send me a PM if you are interested or have any questions. I am going to put it on DoneDeal next week if no-one here is interested.

I am in Carrigaline in Cork, and the hull can easily be taken away on a trailer. It is 21' long and can be lifted by two people.

Advertisement