Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Vedder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I agree, sound is usually pretty bad in the 3Arena ...

Saw PJ in Hyde Park , and the sound was great, even though it was outdoor..
    Anyway.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm hoping that with the Dublin gig happening that Cork won't sell out instantly. Rare for the marquee to sell out. Depends on the seatwave allocation too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes I think it will.
    I would love to do both gigs, but due to the complete greed and exhorbitant cost of the tickets for the gigs, I will do one gig. :mad::eek:
    I don't like the 3arena, so I will be going to the Marquee ....

The sound in the Marquee can be very hit and miss.
    Ive been to gigs there and the sound has been good but it has been terrible for others .
    The bass just overpowers everything .
    The O2 sucks.

Ive always found the sound excellent there ,much better than the Marquee
    Rare for the marquee to sell out. Depends on the seatwave allocation too though.

There will be nobody in Cork buying tickets on Seatwave , no chance,we are too cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The sound in the 3 Arena is regarded as one of the best in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eddie-vedder/2016/doheny-state-beach-dana-point-ca-bfc216e.html

heres a set from a show last summer and he does a few PJ songs, some solo and a few covers. I wonder will he do a few songs with Glen Hansard (love to hear them do Fallin Slowly together)

this could be the set list http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eddie-vedder/2014/citibank-hall-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-6bc35e2a.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

This really has made my Monday!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eddie-vedder/2016/doheny-state-beach-dana-point-ca-bfc216e.html

heres a set from a show last summer and he does a few PJ songs, some solo and a few covers. I wonder will he do a few songs with Glen Hansard (love to hear them do Fallin Slowly together)

this could be the set list http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eddie-vedder/2014/citibank-hall-rio-de-janeiro-brazil-6bc35e2a.html

Seen em play 7 times together
    They usually do a little set together in the second half of the gig and at the end. They are the bromance of all time and they sound amazing together. You'll be so glad you went :)

Ps ed usually changes the set list up every night too.

Great to get two dates, the price range made me to do a double-take though.

What would it cost if it was the full band? :eek: It was €65-85 for a ticket to see PJ in Europe (Amsterdam, Berlin) last time they were over in 2014. Looking at EV's prices for this tour, it's hard to think that the prices will be that cheap when the band tours Europe again.

It's a tough purchase - I'll raise an eyebrow at the price while being concerned overall about the ticketing industry (read: problem) but how the hell am I not going to go and see EV? If he skipped Ireland on this tour it would be one thing, but sure he's only playing down the road, relatively speaking.

forgot Ireland are playing Austria in the soccer on Sunday 11th June at 5pm so ill prob head for the Dublin show on the 9th June

Theres not many pubs/hotels around the Marquee area too watch the soccer unless they put it on in the venue. The doors are down to open at 20.00 at the marquee where its 18.30 in the 3arena on the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'm kinda ok with ticket price inflation these days - reckon I owe Eddie a few quid at this stage, think the last album of his I bought was No Code..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

stankratz wrote: »

What would it cost if it was the full band? :eek: It was €65-85 for a ticket to see PJ in Europe (Amsterdam, Berlin) last time they were over in 2014. Looking at EV's prices for this tour, it's hard to think that the prices will be that cheap when the band tours Europe again.

The ticket prices for their arena tour in the US last year were a flat 77 dollars plus fees ,for all tickets in the building.
    That's very cheap by US standards .

Not sure why Eddies tickets are so expensive for Europe ,I guess they are trying to maximise their take instead of the touts charging the extra.

Will be nice to see Eddie in the Marquee ,20 years since Pearl Jam played Millstreet.
    Kind of nice that the Manic Street Preachers are playing in Mitchelstown in Cork too this summer ,19 years after their last Cork appearance in the Opera House.
    I never thought Id see both back in the PROC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zardoz wrote: »

Not sure why Eddies tickets are so expensive for Europe ,I guess they are trying to maximise their take instead of the touts charging the extra.

That's an appalling justification tbh

i hope these shows attract the right people ,in that im not saying scumbags or people like that. Im talking about people who will go expecting him to do pearl jam songs such as Alive, Even flow, Jeremy etc and will talk throughout the show . Its not a PJ show

Ill admit im a bigger fan of Glen Hansard than Eddie and there duets that ive seen on Youtube are attracting me to go too this gig (ill be very sad if they dont do any duets :(:(). I like Pearl Jam and have never got the chance to see them live but to see the voice of Pearl Jam live will be cool

To that.
    The 7 shows I've seen em do have been in the US and Europe.
    The US. Crowds have those idiots calling for f*cking even flow. He's sitting there with a guitar you dope. He's not doing that. European crowds know not to even do that.

As for people complaining/blaming the price in glen? Eh no.
    Two of them are pals and it shows and they bring each other up to raise their game. Neither of them are lazy performers and anyone saying so hasn't seen either. It's not competitive at all but they both definitely bring their best game in the day and they compliment each other in their performance together and solo.

Last time I saw em everyone said they'd happily pay twice as much to see that. Well here we are. Go or don't. But I'd recommend seeing these two together to anyone. It's that good. And I'm delighted he's back to play cork and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Is the 3Arena definitely all seater for this?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Is the 3Arena definitely all seater for this?

All seated.

https://instagram.com/p/BRUHoWBBZs4/

Last time ed and glen played together

2/13/2014 – Sydney Opera House, Sydney, Australia
    opening act: Glen Hansard
    main set: Girl From The North Country, Picture In A Frame, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Dead Man, Can’t Keep, Sleeping By Myself, Light Today, Without You, Tonight You Belong To Me (w/ Eliza-Jane Barnes), Golden State (w/ Eliza-Jane Barnes), Driftin’, Far Behind, Guaranteed, Long Nights (w/ Glen Hansard), Rise, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Better Man, Good Woman, 4th Of July, Porch
    first encore: Growin’ Up, Just Breathe, Blackbird, I Believe In Miracles, Bugs, Sleepless Nights (w/ Glen Hansard), Society (w/ Glen Hansard), Falling Slowly (Hansard), Lukin, Rockin’ In The Free World
    second encore: Ukulele Anthem, Hard Sun (w/ E.J. Barnes, Cecilia Herbert, Glen Hansard)
    TFT Notes: Eliza Jane Barnes is the frequent bandmate of Liam Finn, who opened for Ed on his 2008 and 2009 tours. “Bugs” is again performed on organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Does anyone know how many tickets I can buy with pre-sale code from 3 network?
    I am going with friends and if possible we would like to seat together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

i hope these shows attract the right people ,in that im not saying scumbags or people like that. Im talking about people who will go expecting him to do pearl jam songs such as Alive, Even flow, Jeremy etc and will talk throughout the show . Its not a PJ show

Ill admit im a bigger fan of Glen Hansard than Eddie and there duets that ive seen on Youtube are attracting me to go too this gig (ill be very sad if they dont do any duets :(:(). I like Pearl Jam and have never got the chance to see them live but to see the voice of Pearl Jam live will be cool

Saw Pearl Jam live when I was very young, twas unreal. Am looking forward to this gig.

Are these upbeat acoustic shows or a mix of slow and fast songs ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

david75 wrote: »
    To that.
    The 7 shows I've seen em do have been in the US and Europe.
    The US. Crowds have those idiots calling for f*cking even flow. He's sitting there with a guitar you dope. He's not doing that. European crowds know not to even do that.

As for people complaining/blaming the price in glen? Eh no.
    Two of them are pals and it shows and they bring each other up to raise their game. Neither of them are lazy performers and anyone saying so hasn't seen either. It's not competitive at all but they both definitely bring their best game in the day and they compliment each other in their performance together and solo.

Last time I saw em everyone said they'd happily pay twice as much to see that. Well here we are. Go or don't. But I'd recommend seeing these two together to anyone. It's that good. And I'm delighted he's back to play cork and Dublin.

i agree with everything you say and have done for a long time, about pearl jam related things.you seem to know your stuff.
    but the tickets are over priced, i disagree with you about that.eddie vedder doesnt need the money thats for sure.between 60 and 100 quid to see him on his own wth glen hansard is ridiculous.
    and what annoys me even more is all his preaching about ticketmaster ripping people off and the huge fight they had with them etc etc that seems to be all forgotten now.its never even mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 soo35

The sound in the marquee is consistently awful. Will this be an acoustic gig, just the two lads, or will there be a backing band? If it's just the two of them then the sound may be ok. 3arena sound is hit and miss. I think the marquee will sell out straight away to be honest. Does anyone know will it be fully seated like the 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone know if theres a tenclub cutoff date?

if I renew now would I be eligible for the pre sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Anyone know if theres a tenclub cutoff date?

if I renew now would I be eligible for the pre sale?
    Unfortunately you had to be registered with tenclub the day before the european tour announcement to be eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Unfortunately you had to be registered with tenclub the day before the european tour announcement to be eligible.

Plus pre sale is not valid for Festival shows .. .(not sure Cork is deemed a festival show)
    NOTE: Ten Club will be holding a pre-sale for all non-festival shows. Members active as of yesterday, March 5th are eligible for the pre-sale. For pre-sale info be sure to login and visit the pre-sale announcement on the Ten Club News page.

Are these upbeat acoustic shows or a mix of slow and fast songs ???

Ed has a DVD of his live solo show called water on the road. It's basically what you're gonna see here. It's all on YouTube if you're interested here's a link

i agree with everything you say and have done for a long time, about pearl jam related things.you seem to know your stuff.
    but the tickets are over priced, i disagree with you about that.eddie vedder doesnt need the money thats for sure.between 60 and 100 quid to see him on his own wth glen hansard is ridiculous.
    and what annoys me even more is all his preaching about ticketmaster ripping people off and the huge fight they had with them etc etc that seems to be all forgotten now.its never even mentioned.

In with you. And don't worry their failed battle with TM is not forgotten. And is often brought up. You can thank all the other bands who didn't join in with them against TM at the time. Not one took up the fight with them.

Cheapest tickets are €61. That's not too bad. I'd be happy to be in the room to be honest. I can't afford either gig at the moment so I'm having to see if I can work something out before Friday. If I can't ah well. But I'll do my best. Nothing to be gained losing the head over a ticket price that I can't afford anyways.

david75 wrote: »
    Ed has a DVD of his live solo show called water on the road. It's basically what you're gonna see here. It's all on YouTube if you're interested here's a link

god a smaller venue like Grand Canal Theatre, Olympia or Vicar Street would be magical for this show but they could curtain off the higher sections in the 3Arena to make it more intimate

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best-seats-viewer-View-from-Block-H-Row-40-Seat-14-3d-virtual-interactive-inside-tour-high-resolution.jpg

Blocks P-H in this picture curtained off (they could maybe open block L and curtain the rest off)

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Well that's me safely in the Tenclub "raffle" for Dublin....fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Still 99% ticket odds :)

Advertisement