Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High waisted leggings for circuits

• 06-03-2019 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Hiya any ladies out there recommend some not too expensive leggings / bottoms with a high waist that don't roll down over the tummy during exercise. ...started circuits a few weeks back and the ones I have from a high street dept store are a disaster...Thanks in advance

Comments

I got good ones in tk maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

I have lots of pairs and the 3 I wear all the time are a pair from under armour, they're heavy winter ones. A pair of Lululemon ones from BT expensive but really good quality and have washed really well and a recent addition from Diesel which are kinda shiney and not like anything I would normally pick up but I actually really like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I have lots of pairs and the 3 I wear all the time are a pair from under armour, they're heavy winter ones. A pair of Lululemon ones from BT expensive but really good quality and have washed really well and a recent addition from Diesel which are kinda shiney and not like anything I would normally pick up but I actually really like them

I actually find the myprotein power leggings unreal. Best leggings I have ever had possibly and pretty cheap with a code/sale. And no, I'm one of the few left who is *not* a "sponsored athlete"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Dunnes - 15 euro core leggings.

http://www.dunnesstores.com/core-performance-leggings//dunnesstores/fcp-product/9620516?colour=black

Been wearing various ones over the years and I always come back to these.

Still wearing last years ones but Im now 2 stone lighter - they seem to fit at every weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's dunnes ones I have at the moment but just won't stay put...and drive me nuts but could be just my shape. Will def look up the others. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the suggestions. It's dunnes ones I have at the moment but just won't stay put...and drive me nuts but could be just my shape. Will def look up the others. Cheers.

They changed the style of them last year, I find the newer ones better.

The older ones used to slip on me a bit too, until I got sweaty ;) So I still have some older ones but I only use them if its going to be a sweaty workout.

Its like the waistband of the older ones was just the same material as the leggings but the new ones have a different elasticated bit inside a wide band that holds on much better (hard to explain). Initially I thought I wouldnt like them, but they have worked out great.

Plus - they are practically the only ones that are consistently not a bit see through when you bend over.

Its hard to find good ones, I tend to buy like 6 pairs at once when I find ones that work for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I actually find the myprotein power leggings unreal. Best leggings I have ever had possibly and pretty cheap with a code/sale. And no, I'm one of the few left who is *not* a "sponsored athlete"!

I LOVE the power ones too, I have 5 pairs I live in! and because they're not shiny or see through I can get away with wearing them with boots in work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Springfields

I LOVE the power ones too, I have 5 pairs I live in! and because they're not shiny or see through I can get away with wearing them with boots in work!!

Super.. I got a discount code and order some
    Due to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to a more comfortable training session

Reviews arent great on myprotein.

I was going to order some recently but my husband ordered myprotein leggings with his last order and they are see through so I wasnt impressed by them (nor is he!).

....... wrote: »
    Reviews arent great on myprotein.

I was going to order some recently but my husband ordered myprotein leggings with his last order and they are see through so I wasnt impressed by them (nor is he!).

Were they definitely the power leggings? These ones:
    https://www.myprotein.com/sports-trousers/power-leggings-slate-grey/11869818.html

There are lots of different types on myprotein tbh, but the power leggings are definitely not see through, they are a really thick almost cottony feel, but have great compression. Really comfy.... *and* *and* *and*..... POCKETS!!!

#morepocketsforgirlsplease

• Advertisement

There are lots of different types on myprotein tbh, but the power leggings are definitely not see through, they are a really thick almost cottony feel, but have great compression. Really comfy.... *and* *and* *and*..... POCKETS!!!

Seconded, the heartbeat ones on mp are a bit see thru if you're at the upper end of the size range for your size but the power ones are magic. My only issue with them is that they don't come in more colours! (well the ones with mesh inserts do, but I can't sneeky wear those to work)

Seconded, the heartbeat ones on mp are a bit see thru if you're at the upper end of the size range for your size but the power ones are magic. My only issue with them is that they don't come in more colours! (well the ones with mesh inserts do, but I can't sneeky wear those to work)

I actually have some heartbeats too and find them good for the price (not see through but I don't wear them super tight so they are not stretched than thin). Think they were €15 or something in a sale. Though my black pair and much better quality than the navy ones I got which is a bit weird!

But the power leggings are definitely better - the mulberry and slate grey are lovely imo (would love the thunder blue though but those ones with mesh just seem too flimsy or sth!)

You are now making me wonder if I could get away with wearing them into work :pac::pac::pac::o

I actually have some heartbeats too and find them good for the price (not see through but I don't wear them super tight so they are not stretched than thin). Think they were €15 or something in a sale. Though my black pair and much better quality than the navy ones I got which is a bit weird!

Thats funny I got the khaki heartbeats and find them better quality than the black!
    But the power leggings are definitely better - the mulberry and slate grey are lovely imo (would love the thunder blue though but those ones with mesh just seem too flimsy or sth!)

I'd love them in khaki and red and electric blue. I saw someone on insta in red mp leggings that were part of the new line and I keep checking back in the hope they're the powers!

Me? Addicted to buying leggings?! Not a chance!

Advertisement