Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

Got FM19 on Tuesday there. In recent years I have been getting it every other year so the last one I had was FM17. Think I logged about 500 hours on it altogether on a few really good saves. I don't have as much time these days to play it compared to my student days (FM11 - 1200 hours, FM 13 - 1000 hours!!) but I can get an hour or day done every other day I think.

My flatmate also got FM19 on the same day as me and we have started an online save together. He's City and I'm United. Pretty much neck and neck so far about 1/3 of the way through the season. Both loving the game so far. We have both delegated a lot of stuff to our staff (scouting, training, opposition instructions etc) to try and speed things up. When I start my own game I'll probably not delegate any of this as I really am a fan of the micromanagement aspect.

So far so good anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

antrim14 wrote: »
    Got FM19 on Tuesday there. In recent years I have been getting it every other year so the last one I had was FM17. Think I logged about 500 hours on it altogether on a few really good saves. I don't have as much time these days to play it compared to my student days (FM11 - 1200 hours, FM 13 - 1000 hours!!) but I can get an hour or day done every other day I think.

My flatmate also got FM19 on the same day as me and we have started an online save together. He's City and I'm United. Pretty much neck and neck so far about 1/3 of the way through the season. Both loving the game so far. We have both delegated a lot of stuff to our staff (scouting, training, opposition instructions etc) to try and speed things up. When I start my own game I'll probably not delegate any of this as I really am a fan of the micromanagement aspect.

So far so good anyway.

Is the online part of the game still slow ? I tried it a couple of Fms ago and found it painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

After 7 seasons my time at Aston Villa has come to end. Got offered the Liverpool job after Guardiola got sacked.

Trophy cabinet:
    1x Community Shield
    2x FA Cup
    2x Carabao Cup
    1x Europa League
    1x Champions League
    1x European Super Cup

Edit: Villa have hired Guardiola.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

if i find a quality player and the club are willing to loan him to me, always worth trying loan to end of next season.
    More often than not, it is agreed to and saves a fortune in transfer market and also sometimes on wage bill.
    i'm now with Juventus and have loaned 5 class players from Barcelona and Arsenal as they have large squads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I haven't played since the original patch but did anybody else see gegenpress as utterly broken?

Using it as a tactic is like implementing a cheat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Got Peterborough to the Premier league from league one in 4 seasons. Decent :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

The Mls is a horrible league! The amount of restrictions and rules!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So finally got some time to play this recently, as is standard I like to trial out the new games as Arsenal.

Fcuk you Stan - 35 mill for a transfer budget with THAT porous backline?

First things first and I sack Steve Bould and a good few of my coaches on massive wages, get in a few upgrades for cheap and a certain Rui Faria as my assistant.

Next to look at the squad - I really want De Ligt and he's gonna cost big but is worth it so I've been told.

Out goes Eleneny for 15 mill to Lazio.
    Jenkinson is next - 2.5 mill to Udinese - I fooking robbed them :P

Koscielny is out for 4 months with his Achilles, so I have Sokratis, Holding and..... Mustafi *shudders*

Oh what's that China? You want Monreal? Here you go - thanks for the 23 million too!
    And Guangzhou - I saw you shmucks coming - 28.5 million for Mustafi, I snap their hands off and out the door he goes.

So I have Sokratis, and Holding. Ruh Roh.

Sign De Ligt - thank fook for staggered payments! 38 mill over the next 3 years - No issues, and I'm being robbed but I'm desperate.
    Next up I scour the league - Sakho is on the transfer list for 15 mill... hmmm... worth a punt.

Now I'm set in the backli.... oh Christ my left back issue. 21 million over 2 years to Fulham for Sessegnon sorts me out there with Kolasinac becoming first choice... for now anyways.

Midfield - CURSE YOU LATEST UPDATE! Ramsey is off in the summer to Juve, so I'll need to replace him next year. I look around and I think I'm still a bit light. Xhaka, Torreira... and a green Guendouzi and Maitland-Niles.
    I toss a bid for Ndidi - what? Leicester want 60 million? What the hell is wrong with you? Negotiate them down to 43 and have it over 3 years, that's the best I can do.

Last but not least for this window my marquee signing and new right attacking inside forward becomes Leon Bailey. Big money for a youngster, budget JUST about manages his exorbitant fee but I think I'm set.

Tactics: Control Possession - Attacking - but I go very Gegenpressing with a high line and high intensity.

Leno in goals
    Kola/Sessegnon - CWB on the left Sakho and De Ligt BPD centre backs and Bellerin/Ben Sheaf (back up) as CWB on the right

Midfield then:
    Primarily one of either Xhaka or Ramsey as DLP and Ndidi/Torreira as BBM, but I switch in big games to Ndidi as DM and Xhaka/Ramsey as DLP with Torreira or Guendouzi as BBM.

IF on the right - Bailey or Mkhitaryan
    IF on the left - Alex Iwobi or in my other formation Denis Suarez (ok not so mad now at the new update)

Ozil or Suarez then as AP in the centre mainly with it removed for big games to add the DM.

Laca and Auba up top rotate in the AF (Laca) or P (Auba) role.

Season begins and my oh my it pays dividends.

Top and never look back by October. Bailey banging in goals from the right with Suarez an absolute monster for assists, making Ozil unhappy as he's simply undroppable.

Sokratis gets pissed with me and asks to leave as De Ligt and Sakho form an amazing partnership, OL come in with an 18 million bid and I let him go in the January window.

Sign Kristoff Ajer from Celtic as my new back up. Also take a punt on signing Rabiot for the next season as a direct Ramsey replacement.

Other than that it's pretty much standard all systems go, win the league with 91 points and beat Leicester in the FA Cup final, a scorcher from their former player Ndidi being the icing on a glorious cake.

Final game of the season is a crunch one then, Europa League final against Spurs who have missed out on Top 4 along with United.
    Batter them 3-0, Bailey with a double and Auba with the final goal to kill them off - the treble is ours!

Second season Iwobi gets annoyed I won't pay him 200k per week to sit on my bench - so I sell him to Bayern for 45 mill, and laugh as he almost immediately gets injured (Common as muck with him anyways). Instead of going for a big money replacement, I upgrade my training facilities and keep hold of Smith-Rowe and Reiss Nelson, who will now be my backups for either flank.
    Ozil is shipped off to whoever will have him to get those wages off my books, he winds up at Hamburger SV with a multi year staggered payment and me paying 20k per week to him till the end of his contract - hey, it's better than 350k p/w!!

Start the season and get beaten by the annoying revitalised United in the Super Cup, who removed Ole days before their CL final win over Liverpool and replaced him with Zidane. However I'm flying in the league - 9 wins from 9 with a 5-0 home battering of City the icing on the cake. But yet, United (after losing to Spurs on the opening day), also win the next 9 games in a row and sit only two points behind me.
    Chelsea spent 66 mill on Jadon Sancho in the summer but occupy fourth from bottom with 7 points from the opening ten games. How Sarri still has a job is beyond me.

Back to work now so will be next week or the following one before I can continue my game. Have Umtiti signed from Barca on a cut price fee of 40 mill though as they amazingly failed to qualify for the CL. He'll likely replace Sakho longterm.

Plan mainly though is to promote from the youth ranks and try and build a dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Haven't played FM since 2016 but by god that last post made me miss it. I can feel the addiction coming on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Arsenal are a great starter team. Great save report Necro :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haven't played FM since 2016 but by god that last post made me miss it. I can feel the addiction coming on again.

:pac: Twas actually the CM 01/02 game being played out by a reporter on F365 that gave me the bug again, so glad to see I've passed it on.

This homegrown stuff is tough though. Why won't they just let me sign a plethora of foreign wonderkids if I want to :(

Just as well Arsenal have a load of them in the making already which helps.

To help though I got Butland in as back up GK after Cech's retirement for 14 mill, and then had a sneaky bid of 10 mill over 2 seasons for Grealish which was bizarrely accepted so that solves that along with my young guns - for now anyways.

Just about hitting the 8 and 4 for European Competition at the moment.

That series on F365 is excellent.

Lol im starting an Arsenal save this evening. Damn you Necro!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm 3 seasons in to a Celtic save.

Absolutely loving signing castoffs from other leagues, having them perform brilliant in the SPL, and then selling them for huge profits where they inevitably flop again.

Joel Pereira
    Andreas Perreira
    Jordan Lukaku
    Roberto Inglese
    Carl Jenkinson
    Kenedy

All signed on free transfers and sold between 10 and 30 million each.

Not to mention relatively modest fees paid for Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Nempalys Mendy and a few others who I'll sell on for small fortunes too.

I've revamped the coaching staff with Celtic legends to endear myself to the fans too. Larsson, Hartson, Mjallby, Rab Douglas and co. have signed up. Cheap brownie points, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The Czech 3rd tier is incredible. My anchor man pings a world class pass to my on-loan Brazilian winger who then wins the award for miss of the century. All in the space of 5 seconds.

How I didn't smash the screen I don't know.

https://streamable.com/wjbz7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting a real urge to play again, but just can't work out what team to do.

Don't want a super easy game, but I also don't want a super hard one either. Want a team with a decent budget, and that can get a few players I know in.

Tempted to run with Wolves for a bit.

Do Fulham lordy

Wolves would be interesting. Leicester seem to have a massive budget in my game.

They've bought in Shaqiri, Erik Lamela and Mitrovic for big money, and the only players they really lost since the beginning was Ndidi (to me) and Demarai Gray (to United for 40 mill).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Necro wrote: »
    Wolves would be interesting. Leicester seem to have a massive budget in my game.

They've bought in Shaqiri, Erik Lamela and Mitrovic for big money, and the only players they really lost since the beginning was Ndidi (to me) and Demarai Gray (to United for 40 mill).

coming to the end of my fist season with Wolves minimal spending and Im in the top 4. seems easy enough . Until Im sure the big clubs will start raiding my players next season, thats when the actual challenge will happen

Pter wrote: »
    Do Fulham lordy

I do love Sesseggnon and have a habit of buying him in my United saves. Trying to think who else they have I’d know. Schurrle, Seri, Mitrovic, TFM.

Could try and bring in some free signings. Get Berbatov in :P guessing I’ll have close to zero budget.

Ok, that’s a good call. Fulham it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Should have no problem bringing in McTominay, Dalot, Origi etc. on loan too.

Should have no problem bringing in McTominay, Dalot, Origi etc. on loan too.

Fulham already are at their loan limit when you start :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fulham already are at their loan limit when you start :(

Defence or lack of is the issue with Fulham. What sort of a budget have you got for signing players?

It always kind of annoyed you couldn't cancel loans that were pre organised when the game starts up. I've often been tempted to buy the editor to solve that issue but have refrained from it.

Once you start at that, what's an extra 200 mill in the bank and a 100 mill on the transfer kitty is the way I see it, so I prefer to avoid the temptation.

1.7m starting transfer budget, and already 10k over the wage budget limit.

Looking to shift off one or two players, bring in some free agents. I've never actually run a "no transfer budget" game, so will be interesting.

I'm also a little worried that they have 6 first team loans, so end of the first season will not be fun if I can't lock them down. Will try and keep Sessegnon for the first season and see if I can make bank on him then for a proper season 2 rebuild.

2 days left in the window, gearing up for the first game of the season, against Pool.

Ryan Sessegnon hurt in training, out for 5-6 weeks.
    Andre Schurlle hurt in training, out for 4-5 weeks.

9pCDwvpSRjaHLsPiz1DV_c14.0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

But when the board come at you for not doing good enough, and you say it was because of injuries

They just wont care and will want 13 points from the next 15

As a Fulham fan I knew that Lord TSC wasn't good enough for our club right from the outset.

My absolute dislike is the pointless, mundane press conferences and the same old answers you find yourself giving.

'Who do you think will win the League this year'

First season, don't want to give the board or players any ideas: 'No Comment.'

'The public will want to hear an actual answer from you'

FCUK OFF!!

I tried sending my assistant because they're so boring, but he started pissing off my players with his silly comments so I stopped that.

Then the dreaded tunnel one:

'Bernd Leno has not conceded in xxx mins now, do you think he can keep another clean sheet?'

'Blah blah'

Opposing team scores in the first half - ALWAYS. :/

Pter wrote: »
    As a Fulham fan I knew that Lord TSC wasn't good enough for our club right from the outset.

:pac:

Started off with a 2-0 loss to Liverpool, which...I was fearful of worse. 4-3 loss to Wolves was far more irritating.

What was really upsetting was losing on penalties to bloody Bradford City to get knocked out of the cup in the 2nd round. I had to play my back up team, cause the game got scheduled 48 hours after a hard fought 3-1 win vs Burnley.

And then, in the height of inconsistency, I get a 2-2 draw with Man City, and a 3-1 win vs Spurs. So I'm losing vs the small teams and doing well against the big. :pac:

• Advertisement

Not really good enough Lordy.

Advertisement