Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football Manager 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Johann. wrote:
    Think I'm about to be sacked in my 3rd season with Chelsea. Results haven't been going my way, 3rd in the league 20+ points behind Citeh. FA Cup Final against the 'Pool to play, however, I'm not even sure i'll get to manage it.

Release / sell their best players before they sack you, how dare they! Rebuild your reputation in Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Johann.

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Release / sell their best players before they sack you, how dare they! Rebuild your reputation in Spain
    I know, right? :D

Ended up not being sacked, however, I'm mulling over whether to resign or not, go lower leagues. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I have just come across this issue. The Valencia job has come available, but when I tried to apply for it, I was unable to. Please see screenshot. I had added a new manager and then resigned, to test it out, but I am still unable to apply for this job. The option to apply for the job is greyed out. They don't have a care taker manager either. Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I have just come across this issue. The Valencia job has come available, but when I tried to apply for it, I was unable to. Please see screenshot. I had added a new manager and then resigned, to test it out, but I am still unable to apply for this job. The option to apply for the job is greyed out. They don't have a care taker manager either. Any ideas

The only logical explanation is Skynet. Delete the save file. Uninstall. Burn the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

He's obviously been proven not good enough irl, but seriously fcuk Jose and Man U in FM

Been 9 or so points clear most of the season, i got as far as 90 points from a possible 99, before only getting 5 points from the next 15 to let them pip me by a point, they won their last 11 in a row

They finished on 96, I finished on 95. 7 seasons, 2 wins and 5 times I've came 2nd with 4 of them being to United

A title win would have left me 3-3 in PL titles against United, I'm seriously behind now.

I still have an FA and CL Final to come for this season, CL against United, but I'm just done after that end to the season, would break your heart FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Hi lads, not sure if this is right place to ask this but hopefully someone can lead me the right way.

I want to get football manager touch on my new Xaoimi mi pad 4, however on the play store it says my device isn't compatible. Mi pad 4 is on the list of compatible devices so is there anything anybody can think of that would stop me downloading it? Something in settings maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Did anyone try bringing Celtic & Rangers into the EFL?
    Thinking of trying it - but wondering how difficult it is to switch them to League 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    Did anyone try bringing Celtic & Rangers into the EFL?
    Thinking of trying it - but wondering how difficult it is to switch them to League 2.

There is plenty of edt's in the steam workshop doing just that

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    There is plenty of edt's in the steam workshop doing just that

That makes life easier - but will I be able to use my own edited database with them?

Mr.Maroon wrote: »
    That makes life easier - but will I be able to use my own edited database with them?

When you start a new game it should give you a choice of what edited databases you want to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Is anyone playing this on the Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sboyle01

I installed this yesterday and it slowed my whole laptop down even when I'm not playing the game. I have an Acer i5 with 256ssd hard drive. It thought it shouldn't affect the performance of the laptop if the game isn't opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

How much free space is there on the SSD?

When you start a new game it should give you a choice of what edited databases you want to use.

Got it sorted. I done the editing myself.
    The databases I came across on Steam just had the Old Firm switched with current Championship teams taking their place in the SPL, which I didn't want to do.

In the end I had to promote Scot teams through the divisions from non-league to the SPL and relegate teams down through the divisions in England to make room for Celtic & Rangers.

Surprisingly it worked but I still have the Celtic & Rangers reserve teams playing the Scottish reserve league.
    I might try and sort that out over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

sboyle01 wrote: »
    I installed this yesterday and it slowed my whole laptop down even when I'm not playing the game. I have an Acer i5 with 256ssd hard drive. It thought it shouldn't affect the performance of the laptop if the game isn't opened?

No reason installing the game should have slowed down your laptop when its not running. Can you check the running processes and confirm its definitely not running ? How much RAM have you got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

hi I'm looking to pick up a cheap-ish laptop that would let me play FM2019. I normally only play with 3 or 4 leagues loaded. I've read the technical requirements for FM2019 but I'm a bit clueless so just wondering if any one has any recommendations just for this game and basic internet browsing. Ideally I'd be spending less than 500.

I've had a look at the following as examples but so many options i'm tempted to just go with a random one unless someone can offer advise.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/315_3226_30328_xx_xx/1_20/price-asc/299-499_299-499_xx_xx_5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-criteria.html
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/hp-15.6-core-i5-4gb-500gb-4wu13es-abu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

tgdaly wrote: »
    Hi lads, not sure if this is right place to ask this but hopefully someone can lead me the right way.

I want to get football manager touch on my new Xaoimi mi pad 4, however on the play store it says my device isn't compatible. Mi pad 4 is on the list of compatible devices so is there anything anybody can think of that would stop me downloading it? Something in settings maybe?

I wouldn't bother to be honest. While it looks great when actually working, it runs so slow on the tablet and on my tablet, if i accidentally hit the tabs button which shows all the apps open, it completely freezes the game and I have to quit. The resolution on the tablet was quite poor too. I had the app refunded anyway and it doesn't have great reviews on the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

hi I'm looking to pick up a cheap-ish laptop that would let me play FM2019. I normally only play with 3 or 4 leagues loaded. I've read the technical requirements for FM2019 but I'm a bit clueless so just wondering if any one has any recommendations just for this game and basic internet browsing. Ideally I'd be spending less than 500.

I've had a look at the following as examples but so many options i'm tempted to just go with a random one unless someone can offer advise.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/315_3226_30328_xx_xx/1_20/price-asc/299-499_299-499_xx_xx_5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-criteria.html
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/hp-15.6-core-i5-4gb-500gb-4wu13es-abu.html

1. Will run it. Not a bad PC. Little low on RAM though. Should be fine for FM19. ACTUALLY the specs tab on that page says it has 8gb RAM. Worth checking that out if you go for this. Id want 8gb if it were me. Lightest laptop of these 3.

2. This one is better still. Better RAM; only an i3, but it will actually perform better than the i5 in the previous one. Middle in terms of weight.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/dell-inspiron-15-5000-15-6-intel-core-i3-laptop-1-tb-hdd-silver-10182139-pdt.html

3. Processor somewhere in between the two above. More RAM which is good, decent sized HDD in this as well. Heaviest laptop of these 3.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-330-15arr-15-6-ryzen-3-laptop-2-tb-hdd-black-10185220-pdt.html

Personally i always think HN put a hefty bit of margin on their standard prices, so id ignore the €200 off. The price its at now is probably the price it should be at off sale.

But all 3 should run FM19 fine. Just a matter of how fast they run it. If it were my money id go for #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I’m having trouble getting my custom database’s working. When I search for them prior to starting a game all I can do is “open” them instead of actually selecting them for use.Has anyone here successfully selected and used a custom db?

splashuum wrote: »
    I’m having trouble getting my custom database’s working. When I search for them prior to starting a game all I can do is “open” them instead of actually selecting them for use.Has anyone here successfully selected and used a custom db?

What kind of changes are in your db

• Advertisement

What kind of changes are in your db

These.JPG

Looking to make these changes. How do i know they have been implemented:confused:? and is there a way of selecting multiple at once like previous years?

Thanks

These.JPG

Looking to make these changes. How do i know they have been implemented:confused:? and is there a way of selecting multiple at once like previous years?

Thanks

You need to select them when starting a new game. Click on the database button it'll say 19.1

These.JPG

Thanks

You need to select them when starting a new game. Click on the database button it'll say 19.1

That’s the way I’m familiar with. However the 19.1 button is shaded out and unselectable when I try start a game.

That’s the way I’m familiar with. However the 19.1 button is shaded out and unselectable when I try start a game.

Ok sorry, are those edited files from fm18?

Hey guys, the League of Ireland re structured file from A_Sober_Paddy is up on steam. He had one up there last year or the year previously

https://community.sigames.com/topic/464598-fm-19-league-of-irelandnew-structure-updated-with-fixed-cups/

Found him on FM board and being stalking him:D

Thankfully solved the problem I had above. Is anybody noticing else a lot of goals going in from long rage ? I’m in league one so it could be just poor keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Has anyone played FM Touch 2019 on the PC and, if so, what are your impressions?

Up to now, I haven't played any FM since FM 2008 - and I still played that regularly up to last year.

I downloaded FM 2019 last night, and while impressive, I think it's a massive jump from what I'm used to. There are so many interactions, and so much information on any given screen that it's a bit overwhelming for me.

What is Touch like - is it just a more streamlined version of the full game? I still like to take a firm hold over finances, I like to set tactics and training to some extent and all that jazz. Any feedback? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Got this for X-mas and finding it very difficult to get into, was playing 2017 and loving it. They seem to change stuff just for the sake of changing it, not loving the tactics and have yet to properly figure out the training and mentoring.

Plus I'm not mad about how it looks on my laptop compared to 2017. I've not given up on it completely, Think I'll start a Salford save this weekend and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I was totally hooked on FM17 and 18 and had games spanning 50 + seasons in both games. Laptop finally gave way and I lost a great Fm18 save forever which was devastating. now finally have new laptop and bought fm19. hesitant but ive started a game with Hamburg. decent so far. full blown addiction is days away I feel

• Advertisement

Trying to clear a lot of squad high earning dead wood. Get an offer off Portsmouth for a midfielder but they want to me pay 39 of his 45k a week wages.

To quote DT of AFTV: "Are you mad"

Advertisement