Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen pizzas are manky

Options
  • 10-03-2019 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find frozen pizzas from the supermarkets to be horrible and bland? Personally feel the only decent pizza is from a takeaway or restaurant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I find some nice and some not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If only there was some easy solution to your problem OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Dr Oetker, whats the worst that could happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Only the ones with pineapple.... they're the devil's work I tells ya!!

Soggy and.... Moist...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

What do you expect for 2 quid ???? Michelin star ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tell us something we don't know OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

If you must go the way of frozen pizza may I suggest 4 cheeses, it's hard to mess that up, and then buy some decent ham and mushrooms and apply them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Absolute dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Someone was watching BBC 2 earlier with their how pizzas are made programme.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I just thought that as I walked around the supermarket was considering buying one then looked at them and was like these all looked manky....so I bought beer instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Aldi and Lild do lovely ones. But the frozen ones are 1/4 of the price of takeaway ones or even less so you have to adjust your expectations!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Theres no such thing as bad pizza for me. I am pizza agnostic. I love all the pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dr Otker, whats the worst that could happen?

You could bite into it too early and burn the mouth of yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,704 ✭✭✭hynesie08

TomSweeney wrote: »
    If you must go the way of frozen pizza may I suggest 4 cheeses, it's hard to mess that up, and then buy some decent ham and mushrooms and apply them yourself.

Man after my own heart, but it's lardons and jalapenos for me. Chicago town takeaway for life....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I get the cheese pizzas, and add some Lea and perrins , some Italian herb, and whatever is in the fridge... Mushrooms, peppers, onion, pineapple, sweet corn, ham, pepperoni, some extra cheese or mozerela.... Whatever is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

The best frozen pizza is the one you pick up at 3am from Spar on the way home from town, bung it in the oven, stay awake to take it out of the oven 5 minutes before it's ready, fold it in half and stuff it in yer face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

You clearly have never had a Chicago Town frozen pizza. Try the tomato stuffed crust pepperoni one it's delicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Butterface wrote: »
    The best frozen pizza is the one you pick up at 3am from Spar on the way home from town, bung it in the oven, stay awake to take it out of the oven 5 minutes before it's ready, fold it in half and stuff it in yer face!

Never heard of that. Most people just get a chipper from my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

OP probably hasn't cooked it right.
    Like not letting the oven pre-heat for 10 mins first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Depends what frozen pizza it is. They have grown on me. Prefer them to the really thin ones our local pizza place does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

rgodard80a wrote: »
    OP probably hasn't cooked it right.
    Like not letting the oven pre-heat for 10 mins first.

We have a pizza cooking expert here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

I leave the pizza thaw out, add my own mozzarella, rocket, tomatoes ham, olives etc....not bad, cooks in 7 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I often buy frozen pizza but have never really liked most of them. I've taken to getting my pizzas made up at a supermarket nowadays. Either that or I order them from a takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

aldi 4 cheese under a euro. its even edible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Dr Oetker, whats the worst that could happen?

The base reminds me of crackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Carlos' spinach and ricotta form Aldi is the biz man for 2 quid. They also have jars of grated hard parmesan in from time to time, keep one of those handy to sprinkle on.

With frozen pizzas the key is not to overcook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

The delux / specailly selected ones found in the fridge in supervalu or aldi are actually pretty decent , just add a bit of fresh rocket or mushroom and they are a good inexpensive choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Cheese pizzas are ok. It's when there is loads of toppings on that it just doesn't work, with the exception of pepperoni. Also I hate onions on a pizza, onions and dough, yummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

DS86DS wrote: »
    Does anyone else find frozen pizzas from the supermarkets to be horrible and bland? Personally feel the only decent pizza is from a takeaway or restaurant.

You do have to defrost them first.

Advertisement