Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm scratching my head as to what made the TC cough up £20m for Lovren. £20m is a huge chunk of change for a centre back. If we sell him in the summer we will make a huge loss, someone might take a punt for £8m but I'm not very hopeful.
    Shocking signing.

Fonte did some job at making him look good. We could have bought Fonte for half the price.

If Lovren is the only dud from the summer signings and goes on to make little/no contribution in the coming years it will have been a pretty good window last summer looking back.

Very harsh to be honest
    3 months ago people were slating Markovic, Mingolet and Balotelli
    Not saying any 3 are world beaters but peoples perception of their value has definitely improved. Second season the same thing could happen for Lovern. It may not but surely he should be given more than 6 months before write him off completely. And talk of selling him is seriously wide of the mark to say the least, he is going absolutely no where.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

If Lovren is the only dud from the summer signings and goes on to make little/no contribution in the coming years it will have been a pretty good window last summer looking back.

Well, the money spent on Lallana and Markovic is still looking incredible. 43+m on 2 players who aren't starters. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If Pulis doesn't rate him as a defender it's not looking good for Wisdom.

Pulis isn't some kind of footballing God.

He has gone from massively underrated to overrated in the last year.

What matters is what Rodgers thinks of Wisdom.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, the money spent on Lallana and Markovic is still looking incredible. 43+m on 2 players who aren't starters. Crazy.

Did they both not start yesterday ?
    Markovic has played 27 times this season and lallana has played 29, wouldnt exactly call them bit part players especially when both have had injuries

Very harsh to be honest.

Lovren to date has been a disaster for us. He may recover and get better of course but he was left out and we've looked solid. He came back in yesterday and didn't look like he improved at all. Looked petrified at times. Its not nice to see players lose form completely but I'm not holding out much hope for him recovering at Anfield.

Did they both not start yesterday ?
    Markovic has played 27 times this season and lallana has played 29, wouldnt exactly call them bit part players especially when both have had injuries

Ya but they aren't guaranteed starters.

Markovic has 7 EPL starts
    Lallana has 13 EPL starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Very harsh to be honest
    Not saying any 3 are world beaters but peoples perception of their value has definitely improved. Second season the same thing could happen for Lovern. It may not but surely he should be given more than 6 months before write him off completely. And talk of selling him is seriously wide of the mark to say the least, he is going absolutely no where.
    Probably not.

They had a few interesting clips on MOTD last night showing him absolutely stuck in the middle of the defense and not closing out the space to the FB/WB. It seems a continuation of the same difficulties he had before christmas.

On the plus side, though, he would be ideal to cover for Skrtel if he is missing:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

For some random reason I saw a lot of West Brom games in the first half of the season when Wisdom was playing regularly. At times he looked very solid and at other times he was poor. At no point did he look to have the quality to play for a Top 4 club within the next few years imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://twitter.com/mr_bundesliga/status/569865867632238593

Serious buiness model they have down there, id say we will sell alberto for tuppence after spending what 6-10 million on him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lovren was terrible yesterday. The way he was beat by a simple ball over the top for the Elia chance was so very dreadful. Just not aware of what's around him and lacking a natural instinct for danger.

Yeah that was poor alright. I think Skrtel was caught out by the same ball iirc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Lovren was terrible yesterday. The way he was beat by a simple ball over the top for the Elia chance was so very dreadful. Just not aware of what's around him and lacking a natural instinct for danger.

Toure should have started without question. I don't care how much we paid for him, if he's not performing he shouldn't be there and Toure has been miles better than him at the back this season.

One of the biggest game changers during this spell had been Mignolet. He's made some cracking saves that should have been goals that would have turned a lot of our wins to draws or even losses. He's been the best goalie in the league this year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Very harsh to be honest

A Defender relies much more on basics though. If people are honest, a lot of the time good defenders go unnoticed during a game. At their very best, the likes of Cannavaro or Hierro would go through a game seemingly without doing anything of note. Why? Their reading of the game and positioning was so good that they rarely were stretching for a tackle or a block; opposition players in their vicinity rarely got the ball cheaply into feet and the touches they would make looked "routine". 'Oh, he made a few simple headers and stewarded the ball out over the endline a few times - did nothing'.

As a consequence, we notice two types of games from center halves:

- magnificent displays like Lucio vs Chelsea in 2010 or McGrath vs Italy in 1994;
    - dreadful displays like Lovren vs Southampton yesterday;

When a defender has that game where they are blessed by the football Gods, where they just seem to be in the right place at the right time to ward off danger at the last moment; where they make a number of crucial last ditch interventions it's a sight to behold. It probably means their team is being overrun in midfield of course; that they are flying by the seat of their pants for some of it.

But when you're noticing them getting beat on simple through balls; missing tackles; passing poorly; losing aerial challenges - it speaks of an inability to do the simple things right and being lost in terms of the basics they are there to do.

Players like Markovic and Balotelli need to create. They need the ball in good situations; they need players doing purposeful things around them and they need a bit of luck sometimes in having what they're trying to do come off. There are more moving parts involved and there's a higher dependence on getting comfortable with style and system; and gaining confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Interesting to see what way the new TV deal announced effects prices in the summer. If we thought we were shopping at a premium last summer it should be even worse this summer. Might even end up being a very good thing that we did the bulk of our business last summer even if if we did overpay at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

£20m is nothing for an attacking player in this day and age.

Markovic was bought purely for potential he already has shown IMO he has a bit about him. Lallana is a solid signing nothing spectacular but he is doing what I thought he would, been a bit unlucky with injuries too.

Why are we cribbing about £20m players not starting every game? We needed squad depth and they are giving it to us.
    We sold Suarez to buy a squad its pretty evident that was the goal and to build from there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

klose wrote: »

Serious buiness model they have down there, id say we will sell alberto for tuppence after spending what 6-10 million on him?

Chelsea have a buy-back clause in that deal aswell

Very smart piece of business

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah that was poor alright. I think Skrtel was caught out by the same ball iirc?

Skrtl was in a line with Lovren but the nature of the ball meant that it was Lovren's responsibility to cover. Skrtl couldn't really see Elia from his position and shouldn't be worrying about him with Lovren to his right. You can see that Lovren is slow to turn and only starts galloping backwards after the crowd gets excited at seeing Elia with a chance to get to it. Just so ****ing basic. Was a very similar performance to his Old Trafford effort imo, and that's not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

magma69 wrote: »
    He's been the best goalie in the league this year imo.
    Best Keeper since christmas, yeah i can agree with that.
    I would of picked De Gea as the best up until new years

A Defender relies much more on basics though. If people are honest, a lot of the time good defenders go unnoticed during a game. At their very best, the likes of Cannavaro or Hierro would go through a game seemingly without doing anything of note. Why? Their reading of the game and positioning was so good that they rarely were stretching for a tackle or a block; opposition players in their vicinity rarely got the ball cheaply into feet and the touches they would make looked "routine". 'Oh, he made a few simple headers and stewarded the ball out over the endline a few times - did nothing'.

- magnificent displays like Lucio vs Chelsea in 2010 or McGrath vs Italy in 1994;

When a defender has that game where they are blessed by the football Gods, where they just seem to be in the right place at the right time to ward off danger at the last moment; where they make a number of crucial last ditch interventions it's a sight to behold. It probably means their team is being overrun in midfield of course; that they are flying by the seat of their pants for some of it.

But when you're noticing them getting beat on simple through balls; missing tackles; passing poorly; losing aerial challenges - it speaks of an inability to do the simple things right and being lost in terms of the basics they are there to do.

Players like Markovic and Balotelli need to create. They need the ball in good situations; they need players doing purposeful things around them and they need a bit of luck sometimes in having what they're trying to do come off. There are more moving parts involved and there's a higher dependence on getting comfortable with style and system; and gaining confidence.

Even bad defenders can be coached to do the right things over time. Lovern is not a bad defender, he was exceptional for most of last season. He has struggled hugely so far but hopefully thats just down to new surroundings etc.
    Given Rodgers ability to improve players Lovern will come good I would hope. Either way he needs to be given time and not written off after 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lovren is only getting his first few starts after a long lay-off. So while his performances have been awful to date, we're going to need to expect rustiness for another game or two at least. If he continues to play badly beyond that, then start getting worried.

I'm scratching my head as to what made the TC cough up £20m for Lovren.
    He was excellent at Southampton - I have no idea what has changed with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Honestly Lloyd, your previously stated opinion of Lovren means I cannot take those posts seriously. You are acting as if he was terrible, and he wasn't. The ball behind him for Elia was a good one, and remember that he's back for his first start as a back 3, so in normal circumstances he'd have a RB covering there.

He probaably performed as well as Can on Thursday, who made a number of mistakes under no pressure.
    And we kept a clean sheet, so he can't have been as bad as you are making out.

Reverse-rose tinted glasses...it is almost as if you WANT him to fail.

£20m is nothing for an attacking player in this day and age.

Markovic was bought purely for potential he already has shown IMO he has a bit about him. Lallana is a solid signing nothing spectacular but he is doing what I thought he would, been a bit unlucky with injuries too.

Why are we cribbing about £20m players not starting every game? We needed squad depth and they are giving it to us.
    We sold Suarez to buy a squad its pretty evident that was the goal and to build from there again.

Thats true enough. I'm just a bit disappointed with Lallana i guess. I really expected more from him. He is our 2nd most expensive signing ever.

I suppose we talk about how we need to be smart with transfers and we cant spend big but then throw 45m at 2 average enough players. Sure Markovic might turn into a great player but its still silly money. Maybe its just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

He was excellent at Southampton - I have no idea what has changed with him.

Confidence. He looks completely devoid of it.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Honestly Lloyd, your previously stated opinion of Lovren means I cannot take those posts seriously. You are acting as if he was terrible, and he wasn't. The ball behind him for Elia was a good one, and remember that he's back for his first start as a back 3, so in normal circumstances he'd have a RB covering there.

He probaably performed as well as Can on Thursday, who made a number of mistakes under no pressure.

Reverse-rose tinted glasses...

Thanks to Mignolet and the ref for that imo.

I don't particularly care whether you take my posts seriously or not. My opinion of what I've seen is that he looks out of his depth for a club with the goals and expectations we hold and I'm starting to wonder just how good he was last year. He would hardly be the first player who benefitted from low expectations at a smaller club causing bad performances to be overlooked.

Thats true enough. I'm just a bit disappointed with Lallana i guess. I really expected more from him. He is our 2nd most expensive signing ever.

I suppose we talk about how we need to be smart with transfers and we cant spend big but then throw 45m at 2 average enough players. Sure Markovic might turn into a great player but its still silly money. Maybe its just me.

From now on, let's just improve our 'squad' by trying to make a low volume of high quality acquisitions that improve our 'team'. We're young and we have options in various positions. Time to aim for a small number of players who are already there imo.

Reverse-rose tinted glasses...it is almost as if you WANT him to fail.

I agree with Lloyd. I honestly want him to be great for us, to just snap out of this form, but he was just poor yesterday.

Some of his decision making and positioning was still poor so its not just a confidence thing.

It's been a great start. It should come with a health warning that he will have a dip in form just like Sterling did after a superb first five starts; just as the Hungarian kid for Utd had after a few very promising games at the start of last season. It will happen because full backs will be better prepped for him with more game footage and opposition coaching devoted to what he likes to do and when.

The hope will be that it isn't a fatal drop off (like Sterling). But everyone needs to accept that it is very likely to come and not panic massively when it happens.
    Yep, good point. The real question is how he deals with the challenge. The prospects do look very good though - he definitely seems to have the intelligence to be able to adapt his game.

I also wonder will people here have the intelligence to maybe hold back just a little bit when Ibe does put in a howler of a performance. I doubt it somehow :pac:

I agree with Lloyd. I honestly want him to be great for us, to just snap out of this form, but he was just poor yesterday.

Some of his decision making and positioning was still poor so its not just a confidence thing.

Ah right lets call a spade a spade here, our entire back 3 made mistakes yesterday. Skrtel and Can jumping stupidy for the same ball should have seen Allen give away a penalty. Can getting skinned in the first 2 mins could have given away a pen. Lovern caught twice at least.
    BUT nearly all of Southamptons good work in the first half was down our left not our right. That was Can/Markovic. Also Allen is a significant step below Lucas defensively which contributed to the unease around the team for the first 20 mins. Lovern wasnt great by any means but he did ok and hopefully he can build on this. Its not as if he was at fault for 3 goals and cost us a game here. First game in 2 months and we kept a clean sheet. Ill gladly take it and move on to the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Lovern wasn't good. He did good things but there was an awful lot of poor play.

I don't want to write the chap off yet though as he hasn't played a whole pile of games since the defence was sorted.

Saying that, I'll be happy enough not to see him play again this season.

Skrtel, Sakho and Can are doing well as a trio. Hopefully it's those three until season end.

Toure played really well when he came in earlier in the season so for me he's first sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Yeah it's fairly ridiculous having Noel Gallagher on MOTD, but when you look at who is on either side of him maybe it's not the worst idea in the world.

i thought he was entetaining to be fair. A fans perspective is nice to hear on tv.....granted the slagging of united was probably the best part of it

• Advertisement

Best Keeper since christmas, yeah i can agree with that.
    I would of picked De Gea as the best up until new years

Spot on there.

Ah right lets call a spade a spade here, our entire back 3 made mistakes yesterday. Skrtel and Can jumping stupidy for the same ball should have seen Allen give away a penalty. Can getting skinned in the first 2 mins could have given away a pen. Lovern caught twice at least.
    BUT nearly all of Southamptons good work in the first half was down our left not our right. That was Can/Markovic. Also Allen is a significant step below Lucas defensively which contributed to the unease around the team for the first 20 mins. Lovern wasnt great by any means but he did ok and hopefully he can build on this. Its not as if he was at fault for 3 goals and cost us a game here. First game in 2 months and we kept a clean sheet. Ill gladly take it and move on to the next one

My reply is basically already written by rarnes below. Couldn't put it better really.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lovern wasn't good. He did good things but there was an awful lot of poor play.

I don't want to write the chap off yet though as he hasn't played a whole pile of games since the defence was sorted.

Saying that, I'll be happy enough not to see him play again this season.

Skrtel, Sakho and Can are doing well as a trio. Hopefully it's those three until season end.

Toure played really well when he came in earlier in the season so for me he's first sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

For me Skittles on the right and Sahko on the left are our best options anybody esle who has played there (including Can ) looks weak
    I think Can does a fine job in the middle and is very good bringing the ball out ,I also think Lovren could do a job here but only at a push ,as stated before Toure was good in this postion before the Africa cup and I would rather see him in here than Lovren.

The quandry is we are essentially writing Lovren off forever if we do not give him an opportunity in the middle of this three. Is it more important to rehabilitate Lovren or be our best possible side in every game for the next 3 months ?
    I personally think having got back in to contention for top 4 , we have to give it our all in every game and for me that is Can followed by Toure, and a prayer that Sahko and Skitttles stay fit.

Re ,Markovic I would not be writing him off as a prospect at the club but for me with him as wing back he is the weak link in the side and several times now we have seen clubs take advantage of this (Southhampton yesterday ,West Ham couple of weeks back ) I hope he makes it ,but i expect if he does it will be in a more attacking role and on form he has a lot of people ahead of him looking for a role in our attacking third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Last week's post, for anyone interested in whats going on.

The table last week:
    Chelsea + 9
    City + 1.5
    Arsenal - 4 (had this as -3 in my post last week, but it was a mistake)
    Southampton - 4.5
    United - 7 (had this as -5 in my post last week, also a mistake)
    Spurs - 7
    Liverpool - 10.5

Now:

Chelsea + 7.5
    City + 2
    Arsenal - 3
    Southampton - 6.5
    Liverpool - 8.5
    Spurs - 8.5
    United - 9

The last two weekends have been absolutely huge. Never saw United losing to Swansea, and I know I wrongly had them with an extra two points last week, but I did not foresee them being bottom by today.

For me Skittles on the right and Sahko on the left are our best options anybody esle who has played there (including Can ) looks weak
    I think Can does a fine job in the middle and is very good bringing the ball out ,I also think Lovren could do a job here but only at a push ,as stated before Toure was good in this postion before the Africa cup and I would rather see him in here than Lovren.

The quandry is we are essentially writing Lovren off forever if we do not give him an opportunity in the middle of this three. Is it more important to rehabilitate Lovren or be our best possible side in every game for the next 3 months ?
    I personally think having got back in to contention for top 4 , we have to give it our all in every game and for me that is Can followed by Toure, and a prayer that Sahko and Skitttles stay fit.

Re ,Markovic I would not be writing him off as a prospect at the club but for me with him as wing back he is the weak link in the side and several times now we have seen clubs take advantage of this (Southhampton yesterday ,West Ham couple of weeks back ) I hope he makes it ,but i expect if he does it will be in a more attacking role and on form he has a lot of people ahead of him looking for a role in our attacking third.

You realise that Skrtel plays in the centre with Can on the right ? Not the other way around

I hope Lovern comes good and we can push Can into DM as that would be a far more dynamic option than Joe allen

You realise that Skrtel plays in the centre with Can on the right ? Not the other way around

I hope Lovern comes good and we can push Can into DM as that would be a far more dynamic option than Joe allen

That would be the ideal development but right now Lovren is far more of a liability at the back than Allen is in midfield.

Teixeira's first against Birmingham

https://gfycat.com/AmusedBowedAzurewingedmagpie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Confidence. He looks completely devoid of it.

I think it says a lot that his best game by far this season was a friendly against Dortmund. That was the only game that I saw the only signs of the supposed leader that we signed. A game that meant fcuk all.

I hate writing players off when it's still early doors and I don't see him going anywhere in the Summer, but for me I just don't think he's capable of handling the pressure that comes with heightened expectation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,877 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd happily have Can in a CB 3 for another season or two before movng him into midfield fulltime.

Keep using the way we are now as centre back for 70 minutes and if needed then move him into midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

klose wrote: »

The fees Chelsea receive for their players is more than a bit fishy IMO. However proving what's going on in the background is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭mormank

I'm being honest and I notice far more than two different types of preformances from defenders. Sahko, for example, has been alot more consistent this past few months without ever reaching the levels of a Cannavaro or a Nesta. If you're assumption above is correct, I simply would not have noticed that. :confused: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭garra

I never understood the insistance of playing him as a RB, both for us and on loan. He is much more a RCB, good in the air and in the tackle. But not got the pace or guile to be an attacking threat.

If Pulis isn't going to use him, I say we talk to West Brom about bringing him back early. They save the wages, and we get back-up for right of the three CBs, if we need it...

Either that or send him somewhere else on loan that he might be played in centre of defense, agree that he looks better equipped as a centre half than full

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

magma69 wrote: »
    He's been the best goalie in the league this year imo.

Really? Wouldnt agree with that.
    He's been good. His shot stopping has been the best part of his game as per usual. But his kicking is still poor and his decision making with regards punching/catching crosses is still patchy.
    He's better than he was for sure, but I dont think he's been the best keeper in the league this year at all.

mormank wrote: »
    I'm being honest and I notice far more than two different types of preformances from defenders. Sahko, for example, has been alot more consistent this past few months without ever reaching the levels of a Cannavaro or a Nesta. If you're assumption above is correct, I simply would not have noticed that. :confused: :rolleyes:

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I think it says a lot that his best game by far this season was a friendly against Dortmund. That was the only game that I saw the only signs of the supposed leader that we signed. A game that meant fcuk all.

I hate writing players off when it's still early doors and I don't see him going anywhere in the Summer, but for me I just don't think he's capable of handling the pressure that comes with heightened expectation.

Lovren wasnt that bad against Southampton to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

slingerz wrote: »
    Lovren wasnt that bad against Southampton to be fair

Thought he was pretty bad myself, if we got a decent offer for him I'm the summer I'd cut our losses already tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭mormank

Good man.

Ok, but seriously you can't honestly just be writing off Lovren after a few months at Liverpool when we have already seen there is a good player there somewhere?? I mean, I'm not saying he will definitely become a star player for us but for every Harry Kewell and Babel we sign there is a Hendo or a Lucas thrown in there. Lovren could still make it at Pool. At least give him a few games in a back 3 first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

From now on, let's just improve our 'squad' by trying to make a low volume of high quality acquisitions that improve our 'team'. We're young and we have options in various positions. Time to aim for a small number of players who are already there imo.

That's where we are at, a good squad of players for the most part though how we spent the money to get there looks more accidental than type of plan!

As stated Lalana and Markovic for £45 Million odd is mad money, add in Lovren and it looks crazy.

We've spent £65 Million on a good player, potential and well, what a lot of people thought was a good buy.

Cheaper potential buys haven't worked out for us, barring Coutinho really. Ilori, Coates, Alberto, players like that and no real return.

So we've a decent squad, which we'd bloody well need to have after the amount spent last Summer!

Comes back to transfers, without that £20 Million spent 2 years ago we'd be in serious bother, that's what it comes down to. Lots of promise, potential and good players, but only really Coutinho and Sturridge stand out.

Obviously Lalana and Markovic could prove good long term buys but CM and CF are big priorities for the squad. An injury to Henderson or Allen and we're very light atm.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't class Mario as creative! He's a hell of a lot of things but not that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2015 form table

1: Liverpool DWWWDWW - 17 points

2: Arsenal LWWWLWW - 15 points

3: Chelsea LWWDWWD - 14 points

4: Southampton WWWLWDL - 13 points

5: Tottenham WLWWWLD - 13 points

6: Man City WDLDDWW - 12 points

7: Man Utd DLWWDWL - 11 points

8: Stoke DLWWDLW - 11 points

9: Crystal Palace DWWLWDL - 11 points

10: West Brom DWDLDWD - 10 points

11: Hull WLLLDWW - 10 points

12: Swansea DDLWDLW - 9 points

13: West Ham DDWLDDD - 8 points

14: Everton LDDWDLD - 7 points

15: Burnley DWLLDLD - 6 points

16: Newcastle DLLWDDL - 6 points

17: Sunderland LLLWDLD - 5 points

18: Leicester DWLLLLD - 5 points

19: QPR DLLLLWL - 4 points

20: Aston Villa DLLLLLL - 1 point

If we can hold off Spurs we should finish 4th. Couple of bad home results for united and they can forget about Top 4. Their away form is awful and they show no signs of improving. Arsenal will almost certainly finish 3rd IMO, there remaining fixtures are very kind.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement