Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

Mia97x wrote: »
    Hi guys I got my results the other morning and to say the least I'm very upset , I was hardly in school in 6th year due to family and bullying problems in school but I passed my leaving I did foundation maths and ended up with a d2 and needed a b2 for my college offer in DKIT I needed 115 points and got 235 , do you think with the points I got will I get offered it tomorrow and also I failed business but I'm getting it checked did anyone else feel their business grade was unfair ? Thanks

I definitely felt I was marked unfairly in Business, always been a high B student and my teacher marked pretty rough and ended up with a D in a paper that I thought was fairly nice, definitely getting it checked

• Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

well it says hear student have to reach between 80-90% of the course requirements so she should be safe but im not guaranteeing anything as the points might go up.

How much do you reckon arts will go up if it does? I'm 25 over but I don't know how safe that is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Commerce and German- NUIG, I'm 125 points over so I'll be grand. I'm hanging around here to get some points for friends though :p
    I'm taking a year out anyways, going to earn some money and have some stress-free fun in my life.

So for my friends:
    Medical Science- GMIT
    Veterinary Nursing- Letterkenny
    Biotechnology- NUIG

And I don't think Arts in NUIG will go up that much if at all, maybe 10 points seeing as there is 1000 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

QwertyT wrote: »
    How much do you reckon arts will go up if it does? I'm 25 over but I don't know how safe that is

Haven't a clue im on 300 so i hope it dose not move an inch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Jijsaw wrote: »
    And I don't think Arts in NUIG will go up that much if at all, maybe 10 points seeing as there is 1000 places.

I'm hoping it drops by 10. One of my friends got 290. I doubt it will though. I'd say it will probably stay the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Medicine2o15

I repeated and have 730, medicine in nuig was 721 last year, absolutely terrified points will go up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

I repeated and have 730, medicine in nuig was 721 last year, absolutely terrified points will go up!!

I'm 99% certain you'll get in. I too am doing Medicine in NUIG this september (on 749 so no worries for me :pac: ) so i'll see you there!

Seems to be a good few of us going to Nuig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

NUIG is great :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

There's a heap of us going.

Feck the points lets have pints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gryfothegreat

NUIG buuudddd
    Don't know anybody, it's gonna be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Can anyone predict a general range for engineering UCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    NUIG is great :P
    There's a heap of us going.

Feck the points lets have pints

Can't wait for the absolute scenes in Galway on september 6th for the hurling final, just at the end of freshers week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

I'm 10 pts over the requirement for my course going by last year's points. However it's law and demand has risen some 11%, according to the IT :( I'm a sourpuss bundle of nerves tonight and I plan on making camp in front of the computer with a book and copious amounts of tea and tayto sandwiches until I find out what's what!

I should have just gone out and got locked.

NUIG buuudddd
    Don't know anybody, it's gonna be great!

Im the same all my friends are either in dublin or Limerick really nervous acctualy going alone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Im the same all my friends are either in dublin or Limerick really nervous acctualy going alone :P

Yeah pretty much everyone I know is going to Limerick! Honestly I think you're better off going to college without your friends so you can make new ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mia97x

QwertyT wrote: »
    I definitely felt I was marked unfairly in Business, always been a high B student and my teacher marked pretty rough and ended up with a D in a paper that I thought was fairly nice, definitely getting it checked

I spent 9 months in grinds every Saturday morning didn't do it for the fun of it! So definitely going to get it rechecked I got s c2 in my mocks and an E in the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 9 thisyear15

Hey Everyone, I'm so scared I'm not going to get into the course I want this year. ( Science)
    I got accepted into both the HEAR and the DCU access program.

P.S to the person who wants to do arts and has the hear scheme I think you need to get a minimum of 300 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Codswapple

Online Irish times is released at 2am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Codswapple wrote: »
    Online Irish times is released at 2am!

The supplement doesn't get published then unfortunately. Just the general trends articles.

What we need is a hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

The supplement doesn't get published then unfortunately. Just the general trends articles.

What we need is a hero.

somebody do it,I would volunteer but the nearest shop is 20kms from my house and I don't drive:mad:

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the absolute scenes in Galway on september 6th for the hurling final, just at the end of freshers week too!

#1 tip: When it comes to societies, don't sign up for every single one (like I did). All those emails. :eek::o

#1 tip: When it comes to societies, don't sign up for every single one (like I did). All those emails. :eek::o

Did you get free stuff though? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mapaputsi

Hey guys, friend of mine is in an awkward situation. He failed to meet the maths requirement for his science course in UL, but will be doing the special maths entrance exam this week.

What happens tomorrow morning then?
    My guess is he will be offered his next choice, but should he reject in the hope that he passes the special maths exam?
    Or does accepting the next choice course make him exempt from the second round offer should he pass the maths exam?

Finding it hard to explain, hope you guys can help!

Blue giant wrote: »
    Did you get free stuff though? :pac:

I got a few pens, highlighter, I think I got a voucher free pizza off one of them? But I don't eat pizza :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Broseph wrote:
    Can anyone predict a general range for engineering UCC?

I have it as my first choice and I reckon it should be around 450 .. Chemical was around 500 mark previous years while other fields were around 400 .. I think they'll go for something in between. 450 should get them the numbers they need for the course. Dont think it will go above 500 anyways and don't think it will go below 400 so there's the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

I'm 30 points off the course I want and the points have been the same for the past 4 years (460). I was approved for the hear scheme but could anyone tell me what are the chances I'll get my first choice come 6am?

I got a few pens, highlighter, I think I got a voucher free pizza off one of them? But I don't eat pizza :pac::rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

How many points will science in Nuig go up by.i have 15 points above it??

• Advertisement

Johnjoeboy wrote: »
    How many points will science in Nuig go up by.i have 15 points above it??

Hopefully not that much. I have a friend who has 410. I think demand dropped slightly for science this year so I'd say you're safe.

Advertisement