Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***The Official CAO Offers Thread 2015*** Link to R1 points in the OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

When will the paper reach the stores?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Troxck wrote: »
    The Irish Times (I think) have the points printed for every course. They're usually left outside stores at 2/3am and every year people in the larger towns or cities call down to take them. People often ask in the 24 hour shops too!

Don't go robbing any newspapers now!

Dan took a newspaper from the pile and left money on the invoice ;)

24 hour shops would probably be your best bet.
    kcera wrote: »
    Does anybody know does the Irish times have a digital version,Like I could access off the internet?
    EaSwe wrote: »
    AFAIK the supplement with ALL of the points in it isnt released online until 6.

BUT, the online version of the print edition, which mentions some courses and general trends will probably released sometime in the early hours.
    As EaSwe said, there's the actual newspaper and the supplement. The newspaper is usually available online from around 2am and talks about general trends and minimum point changes in popular courses. The supplement has the full list and that's usually uploaded later in the morning.

You can buy the digital edition for €2 and see if your course is mentioned in the article. You'll still get the full supplement when that's uploaded later.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

I'm bricking myself. Only have 5 points to spare and I've lit basically every candle. My room is a fire hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kcera

eoin12345 wrote: »
    I'm bricking myself. Only have 5 points to spare and I've lit basically every candle. My room is a fire hazard.

I need my course to drop by 10 Points,Its never happened before,But Im sure theres a first time for everything! Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eoin12345

I need my course to drop by 10 Points,Its never happened before,But Im sure theres a first time for everything! Best of Luck

Best of luck to you too!! Hope the points drop :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I'm 5 points off my first choice, science in UCD. I don't expect that I'll be offered it. Tbh I'd nearly be annoyed if if I did. I've everything sorted for Galway now and have a few friends going to Galway as well. Good luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Kayleigh..

Dem memories

Untitled.png

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭aquse

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Dem memories

Context?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

aquse wrote: »
    Context?

The guy who shared the points at like 3am last year I'd assume

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Kayleigh.. wrote: »
    Dem memories

Untitled.png

Maybe he'll pop in later to provide inspiration :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Hyperboi_G

What a hero <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Context?

Me :pac:

I actually still have that paper on my desk in my room <3

• Registered Users Posts: 19 IceWolf7

Context?

Haha, I'm fairly sure this was Leaving Cert 2013. I was staying up, too nervous to sleep before CAO offers as were loads of people on boards. Everyone was talking about it in a thread until 3 or 4 in the morning, and he decided to drive out to a 24 hour tesco to get them as they were delivered. He then took pictures of the points and posted them in the thread for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Spare a thought for the students waiting for offers on the Medicine/HPAT thread who are within 0-3 either side of what Medicine points will be. Half of them are pulling their hair out at this stage I reckon. Not a nice position to be in..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Peter005

AlfaJack wrote: »
    Anyone else looking to get veterinary medicine? :D Points last year were 580 but I got 615 so I'm super excited to see if all goes well tomorrow :D

Im going for it too!! but I got 580 so I'm so nervous now incase the points go up!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭AlfaJack

Peter005 wrote: »
    Im going for it too!! but I got 580 so I'm so nervous now incase the points go up!! :(

Only a few hours left to wait so try not to be nervous, good luck though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Broseph

Engineering at UCC. There's Chemical and Process, Electrical, Civil and Energy and now this year there's no preference engineering and the points for all of them are going to be the same. Could anyone say a range that the points will probably be inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Good luck to ye!

I applied to the CAO three years in a row before I accepted something, so I know what the long night of waiting feels like. Can't say I'm envious!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ymclynn

What course did you apply for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 QwertyT

my friend got 295 and was hoping for Arts in NUIG (300 last year) she's eligible for HEAR so what do you reckon is the likelihood of her getting offered Arts tomorrow morning provided points don't change, she's freaking out at the moment

ymclynn wrote: »
    What course did you apply for?

Strength and Conditioning in LIT

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mia97x

Hi guys I got my results the other morning and to say the least I'm very upset , I was hardly in school in 6th year due to family and bullying problems in school but I passed my leaving I did foundation maths and ended up with a d2 and needed a b2 for my college offer in DKIT I needed 115 points and got 200 , do you think with the points I got will I get offered it tomorrow and also I failed business but I'm getting it checked did anyone else feel their business grade was unfair ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guitargirl

About 80 points above what Music Tech in LIT was last year and I'm still bricking it, even though there's been a steady drop in points. Petrefied the points are going to jump massively. There shall be no sleep tonight that's for sure

Mia97x wrote: »
    Hi guys I got my results the other morning and to say the least I'm very upset , I was hardly in school in 6th year due to family and bullying problems in school but I passed my leaving I did foundation maths and ended up with a d2 and needed a b2 for my college offer in DKIT I needed 115 points and got 235 , do you think with the points I got will I get offered it tomorrow and also I failed business but I'm getting it checked did anyone else feel their business grade was unfair ? Thanks

No you won't get offered It,If you only got a D2 when you needed a B2 then you can't get the course even if you got 625 points,sorry.

Mia97x wrote: »
    Hi guys I got my results the other morning and to say the least I'm very upset , I was hardly in school in 6th year due to family and bullying problems in school but I passed my leaving I did foundation maths and ended up with a d2 and needed a b2 for my college offer in DKIT I needed 115 points and got 235 , do you think with the points I got will I get offered it tomorrow and also I failed business but I'm getting it checked did anyone else feel their business grade was unfair ? Thanks

Hi did you check if DKIT offers a "second chance maths exam"? It's where you get to do a maths paper 1 and 2 and get a chance to increase your grade. I know its happening in CIT cork in 2 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

nervous for tomorrow, dunno if i should sleep and get up at 6am or pull an all nighter :l

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mia97x

Broseph wrote: »
    Hi did you check if DKIT offers a "second chance maths exam"? It's where you get to do a maths paper 1 and 2 and get a chance to increase your grade. I know its happening in CIT cork in 2 days time.

I have checked that out , I was hoping to do a repeat paper at OL because as I said I did foundation level but was suppose to sit the OL So hoping I can do the repeat paper there's some going on in Dublin in the next few weeks, I'm so upset over the grade cause I worked so hard but thank you

Kremin wrote: »
    nervous for tomorrow, dunno if i should sleep and get up at 6am or pull an all nighter :l

What's your course and how close are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

QwertyT wrote: »
    my friend got 295 and was hoping for Arts in NUIG (300 last year) she's eligible for HEAR so what do you reckon is the likelihood of her getting offered Arts tomorrow morning provided points don't change, she's freaking out at the moment

well it says hear student have to reach between 80-90% of the course requirements so she should be safe but im not guaranteeing anything as the points might go up.

Advertisement