Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hazel Chu is heavy hitter? Really?

absolutely not, but she complains a lot about problems that may not even exist. I think SD are preparing themselves to be the party to replace SF in taking up the most amount of dail tv time giving out about things.

crystal ball for the future : FG take Stephen Donnelly . Mchugh and Chu join SD and spend the rest of their careers shouting about how bad FG are while in power, yet every time a coalition option is on the table they silently go along with it until it inevitably falls apart, then say how they would have left if the coalition did happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Apart from Leo have you anything to add?

It was in response to a question about the man, would you read before you post

Them apples are very bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It was in response to a question about the man, would you read before you post

Them apples are very bitter
    Sour as fcuk, but still better than your lemons.

It was in response to a, quip by Francie iirc.

Sour as fcuk, but still better than your lemons.

It was in response to a, quip by Francie iirc.

Are you mad, the football team I follow is in the Europa League, as I am a volunteer I can attend all home games. We are even in discussions to play them in Belfast as the IRFU don't seem to want the rent, crying to our Govt for money though. I'm buzzing with life

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Why do men (always men) who spend so much of the day posting about politics know so very, very little about how it actually works?

:eek:

I am a man.
    And I know how politics works.
    Your blatent sexism belongs 50 years ago.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/ActingTheGoms/status/1315585172155359232?s=19

10,000 more beds 20 years ago

What a fantastic 20 years FFG have given us

I have to agree somewhat on that one.
    Too many hospitals closed or downgraded.

Emm, 20 years ago we had Bertie Ahern.
    What do you mean ?
    The Irish people vote directly for their government.
    Your "FFG" reference shows no ability to debate politics in Ireland. Can you not find someone better than Bertie Ahern for your point in history ?

Scoondal wrote: »
    Emm, 20 years ago we had Bertie Ahern.
    What do you mean ?
    The Irish people vote directly for their government.
    Your "FFG" reference shows no ability to debate politics in Ireland. Can you not find someone better than Bertie Ahern for your point in history ?

I remember an Enda Kenny promising not to close or downgrade Roscommon hospital, Denis Naughten resigned over that little lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FF and FG didn't know how bad they had let the hospitals get over the last 20 years. I know for a fact that this happened.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/hospital-denies-patients-were-hidden-in-room-during-taoiseach-visit-to-ae-36815461.html
    April 17 2018 12:43 PM

University College Hospital Galway have denied claims that patients were moved from the emergency department ahead of a visit by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar last week.

On RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta on Monday, a man claimed that patients in the A&E were moved out of the A&E and ‘hidden’ in advance of the visit. on Thursday April 12.

It happened in UCHG with a Brian Cowen walkthrough too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement

I remember an Enda Kenny promising not to close or downgrade Roscommon hospital, Denis Naughten resigned over that little lie.

Yes. But the comment seemed to suggest that 20 years ago things were fine.
    Both Fine Gael and Fianna Fail can go away, but this "FFG" thing is just a populist theme.
    I don't do populism. I have my own brain.

Both Fine Gael and Fianna Fail can go away, but this "FFG" thing is just a populist theme.

Fair enough, but as it is, either FF or FG govts are responsible for this.
    Thats a fact, not populism.

Out of the reform from regional health boards came the mighty HSE, and it's so powerful now it looks like no govt can reform it or get us beds back.

FF/FG I should have said. They are the 2 parties who have been in charge resulting in Ireland having less beds than 20 years ago. Both are too blame

They couldn't even get the required ICU beds they told us they needed during a pandemic and the winter plan says we will get 17 more ICU beds

Do you want to blame the Shinners on that one too?

FF/FG I should have said. They are the 2 parties who have been in charge resulting in Ireland having less beds than 20 years ago. Both are too blame

They couldn't even get the required ICU beds they told us they needed during a pandemic and the winter plan says we will get 17 more ICU beds

Do you want to blame the Shinners on that one too?

No, I can't blame the shinners for that.
    I blame Bertie Ahern's government for closing hospital wards.

No, I can't blame the shinners for that.
    I blame Bertie Ahern's government for closing hospital wards.

And any blame on the current Govt promising us X amount of extra beds and ICU beds 6 months ago and failing to deliver as per?

I have had three different jobs in Dublin and Cork airports. Those positions are gone.

I have worked 15 years in the aviation industry. All that experience counts for nothing now. I have a part-time EWSS job that pays €137 per week. "The airports are under control" ... jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    Budget tomorrow is another kick in the teeth of middle income workers.

Really, it's better to be poor or rich, having a little bit of money is the worst.

Carbon tax going up for me. That money is going to people on the dole who already get housing, medical cards, grants etc.

VRT going up - cars being made more expensive.

PUP recipients likely to get a bonus at Christmas. What a joke. They're already getting more than they deserve after they've lost their job.

Help to buy scheme being expanded to prop up property prices. Literally impossible for me to every buy a new place. 2 bed apartments where I live are going for 380k.

How much of taxpayers money that is going to have to be paid back through higher taxes is being pumped into businesses? The money thrown at them is disgusting.

You don't get rewarded for working anymore.

Agree with all of this, whatever about people on pup getting xmas bonus. Its the long term wasters only that get it , if unemployed. Paid for by low income workers, who lose half their pay over 34,000, what a joke !

I have worked 15 years in the aviation industry. All that experience counts for nothing now. I have a part-time EWSS job that pays €137 per week. "The airports are under control" ... jaysus.

Sorry your jobs are gone and I was been sarcastic. We are basically the only country where it has tried to stop people flying at all costs but has no testing or tracing at airports while people arrive and come and go as they please, its madness

• Advertisement

I would get more on PUP, but that is not my style. I will work 15 hours a week on a school minibus and throw away my skills in aviation.

I would get more on PUP, but that is not my style. I will work 15 hours a week on a school minibus and throw away my skills in aviation.

Fair play if you can live on €137

Budget day, rumor has it that Leo framed the entire budget!
    :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,248 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sorry your jobs are gone and I was been sarcastic. We are basically the only country where it has tried to stop people flying at all costs but has no testing or tracing at airports while people arrive and come and go as they please, its madness

You make things up as always. Yesterday we had the lowest corporation tax rate in Europe - a lie you were caught out on.

I know a number of people who have flown into the UK and they say that there are less checks there. One of them flew into Belfast last week and wasn't asked once about Covid. The French system is haphazard as well.

Why do you keep making things up?

blanch152 wrote: »
    You make things up as always. Yesterday we had the lowest corporation tax rate in Europe - a lie you were caught out on.

I know a number of people who have flown into the UK and they say that there are less checks there. One of them flew into Belfast last week and wasn't asked once about Covid. The French system is haphazard as well.

I thought it was lowest, Hungary is lower so we are 2nd lowest.

If anyone knows about lies its you Mrs Green

We don't have any testing or tracing at airports, that is true. We have a form to fill in, it's been proven that it's not been followed up on, you can't dispute this but course you can try bring your fav topic the UK into it

Budget day, rumor has it that Leo framed the entire budget!
    :):)

He wrote every word himself, and will only share it with Paschal five minutes before it is delivered. He is making Martin wait until he hears it.

We don't have any testing or tracing at airports, that is true. We have a form to fill in, it's been proven that it's not been followed up on, you can't dispute this but course you can try bring your fav topic the UK into it

You said we were the only country to......

I have shown that isn't true. Your hyperbole and exaggeration are legendary.

Keep a perspective, if you want to criticise, don't overblow it in some attempt at getting Leo or FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Keep a perspective, if you want to criticise, don't overblow it in some attempt at getting Leo or FG.

The lad made a mistake blanch, that is not necessarily lying, just like Leo said "the govt wasn't consulted" about NPHET wanting to the state to be moved up to level five.

Have read on here numerous times, Leo didn't necessarily lie, he did not know. Whether he actually did know and chose to lie about it, or Donnelly and Martin left him out of the loop is where things aren't clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

To be fair, I suspect it wasn't a lie, just pure ignorance. Whichever it was, it made mince meat out of your argument that they could not go elsewhere in the EU and pay less.

It also shows how so much noise from critics of the government's corporate tax policy should be ignored, usually because it their arguments are based on partial knowledge.

• Advertisement

You accusing anyone of Hyperbole or exaggeration is the funniest thing I've seen on boards in a while.

The fact of the matter is our Govt is failing in its attempts to control Covid, that cannot be denied. Going against NHEPT's advice is and was going to have serious concequences just like we were told and still nothing been done.

We have failed in having enough extra beds in hospital that we were told we needed in March, testing and tracing in airports still no existent, Gardaí still given no powers to stop people breaking restrictions (or turn a blind eye, i.e protests in Dublin), the leaving cert results and start to college year has been one big **** up, failed in giving extra support to people out of work and in danger on going in mortgage arrears.

The 1 thing they have done correct was 2 weekends ago when they kept the phone calls quiet with NHEPT and Minister Health quiet to try and get the weak link in the Govt to not run his mouth to the press, and the clown went ahead and did it anyway. The words were 'The Govt' had no idea this was coming, no he didn't know it was coming the people in Govt who needed to know knew

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement