Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUNDAY December 1st

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Fakir's jumping put him under pressure but Samcro was cruising. I've no doubt he'd have won that. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Jumping is the name of the game.

Exactly.
    Samcro the better horse tho
    We know that now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Don't think Kennedy met any fence right on Samcro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Would probably have taken another couple of lengths out of him over last, beautiful round of jumping all the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Exactly.
    Samcro the better horse tho
    We know that now

I won't be backing him over fences ever again. That was the first time he had to jump a fence in anger and collapsed on landing. Not good enough. I have lost thousands on machines that couldn't jump a fence.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Don't think Kennedy met any fence right on Samcro.

No way, Kennedy is one of the best. The horse is probably not a chaser.

Some horses are steering jobs, even over fences.

The winner is a lovely jumper, I am backing that one for the rest of the season. Laurina v Fakir D'oudaires that is the next race I want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

Would probably have taken another couple of lengths out of him over last, beautiful round of jumping all the way.

I think it was the fourth last or third last that drew a big gasp from all around the stands.

Although Samcro looked to be cruising, I’m not sure he’d have kept that up to the line. Fakir galloped on relentlessly.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    No way, Kennedy is one of the best. The horse is probably not a chaser.

Some horses are steering jobs, even over fences.

The winner is a lovely jumper, I am backing that one for the rest of the season. Laurina v Fakir D'oudaires that is the next race I want to see.

Fakir was a joy to watch but im concerned that samcro got level with him so easy haveing lost half a length or so at every fence and giving fakir 8 pounds.
    If fakir is top top class i dont think samcro should have got to him

Fakir was a joy to watch but im concerned that samcro got level with him so easy haveing lost half a length or so at every fence and giving fakir 8 pounds.
    If fakir is top top class i dont think samcro should have got to him

I think Fakir will be great at 2 miles on shight ground. Samcro is a machine, he would beat anything, but it looks like he has jumping issues. Samcro might improve and learn, what worries me more is his pre race price, 7/4 was big enough for a horse of his quality. Did the stable know he couldn't jump?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Can't get over the price of this fav. She looks well in the paddock anyway.
    AJ looks as good as she did for this race last year on paddock appearance so she will do for me at 7/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

She's proven herself at the top level now. Mightily impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Honeysuckle extremely impressive

In a different league

Very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Champion hurdle winner

Potentially the mare of a lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Champion Hurdle baby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

No way they will run her in the Champion Hurdle.

Mares all the way. The jockey Mark O Hare bought her for 9,500 and sold her for 11 times that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Huge drift on Cromwell's one in the next. What's going on there?

Being layed out for a handicap down the line. Won't be trying today unfortunately

Wouldnt be surprised if ran well but more than likely will be pulled up and then hacks up at leopardstown in 4 weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What a day of racing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Nothing will beat that Envoi Allen he’s too good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Riquelme

Apples Jade looks to be well past her best, even though she's only 7. The only glimmer of hope is that they might be trying to train her to peak later rather than sooner in the season but I doubt it, she's had a fine career, might be time to send her to the stud.

Yep, Ilikethewayurthikin complete non trier as we suspected.

Buildmeupbuttercups jumping cost her big time

Where's Robert Hall does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

When you see a wonderful mare like Honeysuckle it hits home what a farce the mares and mares novice races are. Cheltenham should be the best against the best.

This favourite in the last ain't much to look at granted he does look the fittest of these.
    A few very nice chasing types in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Winner looked decent there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

lemush wrote: »
    When you see a wonderful mare like Honeysuckle it hits home what a farce the mares and mares novice races are. Cheltenham should be the best against the best.

The champion could be an easier race this year . They’ll surly go for that. Bennie a better horse than anything in the ch.

Just in the door. Some day out. Honeysuckle the undoubted highlight. I won't say I doubted her but I thought she was far to short in the betting. But sometimes I don't mind being proven wrong in that fashion.
    Hopefully they don't bottle it and go for the mares. She'd probably be close to fav on the day for the champion.

Whether Samcro would have beaten Fakir or not is a bit of a toss up. Was setting up for some race. Fakir absolutely sprinted away from the 2nd last even after Samcro falling would be interested to see what the time lads say from 2 out to 1 out. I think and it's a big if that Fakir may just have held on anyway but it's hard to be sure.

I'd be wary enough about taking a short price for that Mullins bumper horse again nto. Looked like there was absolutely nothing left to work on and as I said above not much to look at in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Mullins horse was absolutely clueless, ran with the choke out all the way and green under pressure.. Plenty of improvement to come and clearly has a proper engine.

Advertisement