Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A chipvan??? Is that the real thing or a name for an expensive restaurant serving grub in paper bags? When i was young we relied on chip vans in the vast council estates of west Dublin before bricks and mortar stuff went up. I even remember a chinese takeaway in a van. WTF were we eating.

yep chipvan in town its been there 25 odd years and the call it the munch box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

A healthy meal Chicken Biryani. Wasn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bassy wrote: »
    yep chipvan in town its been there 25 odd years and the call it the munch box :)

Thats sounds great! Something brill about standing in the cold waiting on the order with that smell in the air!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

went to chipvan this evening,had a cheese burger and large chip in the brown paper bag :)

Just one chip? No? It's chips you ****

Thats sounds great! Something brill about standing in the cold waiting on the order with that smell in the air!

After a feed of shtout!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Reminds me of coming out of the discos years ago in the middle of nowhere , after having your "supper" at said disco , and murdering a burger and chips , always something special about chips from a van :)

Just one chip? No? It's chips you ****

Great first post you **** ***

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah the auld chip van on the square :D Can't beat it ;)

Had lambs liver and onions and I'm now eyeing up a few maltesers :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Ah the auld chip van on the square :D Can't beat it ;)

Had lambs liver and onions and I'm now eyeing up a few maltesers :D

Ah you know the chipvan on the square ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

VW 1 wrote: »
    Flying somewhere nice?

Steak with pepper sauce, mash and carrot and parsnip mash.

Few cans of guinness to wash it all down. Picked up two cases in dunnes for 40 euro, love xmas deals.

Home to Ireland :) I’ve been in Leeds for the past few months so I’m home for Christmas

• Advertisement

Great first post you **** ***

I hear you! But I do have a story where the terms got lost in translation. I was in Birmingham and in a so called "Irish" Pub. No Irish staff behind the bar at all, which is the norm. I'm sitting at the bar suppin a pint when in walks a fellow countryman. He looks at the food menu and decides to order. Along comes a young English girl to take his order. I'll have the Fish and Chip he says. I understood completely. But the young English girl looks at him in complete dismay. Wha! she says. He repeats it. Fish and Chip. So this confused lass asks him if he wants Fish with just one Chip! The Irish lad looked at her and asked if she was taking the piss. She wasn't. I intervened and sorted it out.

As for the poster who gave you grief over a very Irish term. Fook em!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Reminds me of coming out of the discos years ago in the middle of nowhere , after having your "supper" at said disco , and murdering a burger and chips , always something special about chips from a van :)

LOL! I remember the manky crap served up in Nighclubs. That's how they had the late License. But even in Dublin, there was always a chipvan outside for a decent post pints/shift feed. I always bought her at least a bag of chips!:D

The chipvan is a hot topic this evening :D:D time for a cool carling and cheers to you grandeeod :)

Who doesn't ;):D

Yes I found the maltesers and they are being eaten :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Celebrations and 7up :)

The chipvan is a hot topic this evening :D:D time for a cool carling and cheers to you grandeeod :)

Fook it Bassy, I'm home and having a Heineken. Chip vans are great! Spent so many of my younger years getting a treat takeaway from a Chip Van. However I'm certain we'll be in a small group talking about it. "Vans" are all posh nosh these days.:D

LOL! I remember the manky crap served up in Nighclubs. That's how they had the late License. But even in Dublin, there was always a chipvan outside for a decent post pints/shift feed. I always bought her at least a bag of chips!:D

Far be it from me to lower the tone but... years ago around here if a "beour" questioned her fellas feelings for her he'd say "Course I loves ya.. Don't I ##`s ya, don't I buys ya chips? 😜

Far be it from me to lower the tone but... years ago around here if a "beour" questioned her fellas feelings for her he'd say "Course I loves ya.. Don't I ##`s ya, don't I buys ya chips? ��

Buying Chips solved everything apparently.:D From a van outside some shIIty nightclub was extra special. Nowadays the "van" is some over priced catering vehicle at a festival. Best van chips I ever had was in the mid to late 80s in Carlow at the Monday market.

They still have chip vans around west cork after the 'disco'. Usually the highlight of the night :p

Great to know theres still some knocking around the country :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Kipling mince pies and Rascals '9' New England DIPA. Nice.

mystic86 wrote: »

Classy! Hot Chilli nuts and another Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

mystic86 wrote: »

Beautiful beer choice.

I've just had a white hag black boar. Fabulous.

Washed down with a pack of bacon fries and a pack of scampi fries.

Still drinking common lager tonight.:D One more day of work to try and satisfy the faceless fooking morons in office blocks.:( I find it easier on the road. A lot less hassle and some fun. I made Bun Burgers earlier. Little G.had a normal burger, but Mrs, G had a double cheese burger. Fries on the side and served in a basket.

Noodle stir fry earlier.

Last night I tried the bacon and chili sausage rolls I got, they were delicious.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Chicken tenders and chips from eddie ****its :3

and now drinking a lager from Corks very own cotton ball pub :3

Busy day today so had McDonald's for dinner and a Mcflurry was had also :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Busy day today so had McDonald's for dinner and a Mcflurry was had also :)

yum yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm leave me any ? :D

yum yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm leave me any ? :D

i sure did :)

The rubbish :D

• Advertisement

I must get a Maccy D's over Christmas. I haven't had one since about March which is far too long.

Advertisement