Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PlayStation Bargains mk2 (**NO CHAT** Mod edit in post #1).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I've been building up a backlog of big titles that I just don't have time to play (AC, Spiderman, GoW etc) but I couldn't pass this one up for €36.

Currently downloading.

I'll regret this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

https://www.gamestop.ie/€1-Trade-Offer

Used this deal to get RDR2 for around 40euro. Monster Energy Supercross 20eur in Smyth's, Resident Evil Origins 17sterling on Amazon UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Doge wrote: »
    Just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 for €36 on the Indonesian PSN store using my Revolution Visa Card which doesn't seem to verify the billing address so you can use any Indonesian address. More on that here:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4-3153-from-25th-oct-using-code-jmr5bqd4b4-at-psn-store-indonesia-3083931

Anyone having trouble adding their Revolut to the Indonesian account? I keep getting an error saying its not valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble adding their Revolut to the Indonesian account? I keep getting an error saying its not valid?

I set up a new virtual card and while I did get an error the first time, it was just because revolut blocked the transaction as it was suspicious.

Once I approved it, it was ok. I just had to top up my account then it worked fine. Did you get any notification from revolut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Essien wrote: »
    I set up a new virtual card and while I did get an error the first time, it was just because revolut blocked the transaction as it was suspicious.

Once I approved it, it was ok. I just had to top up my account then it worked fine. Did you get any notification from revolut?

Figured it out. It has to a virtual card, I was trying to use my physical Revolut. All good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Also the first attempt tends to freeze the card due to suspicous activity, but you can easily unfreeze it and confirm it was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Spotted this on BA, Argos are selling a nice 4TB MyPassport external drive for anyone running out of storage space, €85 and you get a €5 off voucher for future purchases. Not much stock around but can be ordered for collection later this week in store...

157-8268930-BVF982M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8268930/Trail/searchtext%3EPASSPORT.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Spotted this on BA, Argos are selling a nice 4TB MyPassport external drive for anyone running out of storage space, €85 and you get a €5 off voucher for future purchases. Not much stock around but can be ordered for collection later this week in store...

157-8268930-BVF982M.jpg

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8268930/Trail/searchtext%3EPASSPORT.htm

I reserved the 2TB one for 60 for collection next week.
    Considering I've been running on 500gb it's a big step up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sweet, the Humble Bundle PS4 keys work with an Irish account this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone here who has a UK psn account get a 40% code?

They're been emailed out apparently:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/40-off-whatever-you-like-on-ps-store-check-emails-for-voucher-3093838

Pissed off I didn't setup a UK account yet! :P

Anyone played Micromachines, is it worth a dabble at that price? Used to enjoy it on the old consoles but reviews aren't great for PS4 version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Anyone played Micromachines, is it worth a dabble at that price? Used to enjoy it on the old consoles but reviews aren't great for PS4 version

Someone was in here giving out stink about it being a mess with no active servers so I've always avoided it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Highly recommend guacamelee 2.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Highly recommend guacamelee 2.
    Is it big improvement on the first one? Got that in sale recently, no arguments as it was cheap as chips but didn't really entice me to buy the 2nd one

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Is it big improvement on the first one? Got that in sale recently, no arguments as it was cheap as chips but didn't really entice me to buy the 2nd one

More of the same with a few new mechanics. I loved the first one so the 2nd I've will depend what you thought of the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

French version though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

French version though.

Blazkowicz shoots the Nazis with a certain ennui?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I admire your restraint in not going for the more obvious "BJ just surrenders after five minutes". :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Someone was in here giving out stink about it being a mess with no active servers so I've always avoided it.

Yeah servers are fuxked but for local multiplayer it’s still a lot of fun.

French version though.
    Is it? I thought they were all the same and you just pick your language in the settings. My bad if that's not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Is it? I thought they were all the same and you just pick your language in the settings. My bad if that's not the case.

"
    Description du produit
    Plate-forme:PlayStation 4 | Edition:Standard

Version Francaise "

the cover is in French as well, shame as I have been waiting to buy it when it's cheap. Roll on BF.

"
    Description du produit

Version Francaise "

the cover is in French as well, shame as I have been waiting to buy it when it's cheap. Roll on BF.

Looks like it contains English, there's no dedicated 'French version'. It's a European version with Eng, Fre, Ita etc:

https://help.bethesda.net/app/answers/detail/a_id/40196/~/what-languages-does-wolfenstein-ii%3A-the-new-colossus-support%3F

There is however a dedicated German version with only German (I assume because they have specific Nazi imagery laws)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

"
    Description du produit

Version Francaise "

https://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus/11482352.html

I ordered it Monday of last week and it arrived by Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Not sure if this is the best place for this, or even if it's a good offer, but Amazon have sent me £5 off Black Ops 4 for PS4 or Xbox. It has to be the version sold by Amazon, not one of the marketplace vendors, so comes in at £44.99. If anyone wants code, PM me. First come/first served.

Code expires in 7 days.

A few good deals on MyMemory.ie, seems to have free shipping to Ireland.
    eg Resident Evil 7 €14.94, Mirrors Edge €8.04

https://www.mymemory.ie/gaming/sony-ps4/sony-ps4-games.html?dir=asc&order=price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

God of War is on sale for €30 in Tesco atm if anyone is interested in a game that isn't Red Dead 2.

Is this still going? Anybody seen it anywhere? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

A few good deals on MyMemory.ie, seems to have free shipping to Ireland.
    eg Resident Evil 7 €14.94, Mirrors Edge €8.04

https://www.mymemory.ie/gaming/sony-ps4/sony-ps4-games.html?dir=asc&order=price

Are they legit ? Never heard of them.

• Advertisement

Are they legit ? Never heard of them.
    They've been around for years, i've gotten SD cards etc from them.

If the order is over €22 (€26 depending on your interpretation) you want to check where it's coming from (Jersey?) and what the VAT rules are. Don't have time to elaborate.

Under €22 don't even need to think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

God of War is on sale for €30 in Tesco atm if anyone is interested in a game that isn't Red Dead 2.

Thanks, grabbed this in my local (Ashbourne) yesterday. No time to play it yet but couldn't leave it at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

70 percent off some games when you buy two of them together in the Ps store. Doesn't seem to be a huge range but I got the special edition of Titanfall 2 and Mirror's Edge 2 for 18 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Does anyone know if any Tesco's in the Dublin area have this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any Tesco's in the Dublin area have this?

Should be available in any Tesco that stocks games like Dundrum.

I went up to Ashbourne based off Sparkos post above, found the last box on the shelf and was delighted. Went up to pay for it and they couldnt find the game to go with the box. Pissed off I then went to the massive tescos in Liffey valley and Maynooth, neither of them had it either. And i had the bro check his local in Celbridge.. nothing

So here i am, given up :(

Oh and a mate of mine checked in Dundrum this morning, they didnt have it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

nix wrote: »
    I went up to Ashbourne based off Sparkos post above, found the last box on the shelf and was delighted. Went up to pay for it and they couldnt find the game to go with the box. Pissed off I then went to the massive tescos in Liffey valley and Maynooth, neither of them had it either. And i had the bro check his local in Celbridge.. nothing

So here i am, given up :(

Oh and a mate of mine checked in Dundrum this morning, they didnt have it..

Sorry to hear that, I must have nabbed the last one they had.

Sparko wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, I must have nabbed the last one they had.

Last one in the country as far as im concerned, i must have hit like 10 different tescos today, i shoulda just bought it in CEX for 40 with all the petrol ive blown through driving around for it :pac::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Its 14,99 in argos for the 20th anniversary edition with stock in my nearest store in dublin.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Its 14,99 in argos for the 20th anniversary edition with stock in my nearest store in dublin.
    Every copy on PS4 is the 20th anniversary edition. But still, good alternative if you don't want it posted, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some tempting ones there...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider €35.
    AC: Odyssey €40.
    Monster Hunter World €25
    Dishonoured 2 €12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

J. Marston wrote: »

Monster Hunter World €25
    Dishonoured 2 €12

I wouldn't get monster Hunter world if I were you, there is a serious amount of grinding in it

I would highly recommend Vampyr for 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Ni No Kuni 2 for 24.99. Been on my list for a bit. Any thoughts, seems well reviewed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    I wouldn't get monster Hunter world if I were you, there is a serious amount of grinding in it

This is an inseparable part of ever MH game ever.

It's like saying "I wouldn't get Fifa, there's football in it"

The US PSN store Black Friday deals have been announced. They don't seem to have gone live yet

God of War $22 (approx €20)

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/11/15/black-friday-sale-at-playstation-store/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

J. Marston wrote: »

Monster Hunter World €25
    Dishonoured 2 €12

Dishonoured 2 is 6 quid on Game Collection

https://www.thegamecollection.net/dishonored-2-ps4/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

ImANoob08 wrote: »

This is an inseparable part of ever MH game ever.

It's like saying "I wouldn't get Fifa, there's football in it"

I know that. I was just saying it in case someone didn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement