Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm giving the Lego Skywalker Saga a shot being a playstation plus monthly game. I'm so guilty of overlooking the Lego games as kidsy.

I've played a handful now (Harry Potter & Batman) and have always had an enjoyable time. The gameplay is a pleasure and the writing for the games is brilliant. The twee comedy hits 99% of the time.

A few months back I did the same with the Sackboy boy. Had forgotten how fantastic they are too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Playing Horizon Forbidden West at the moment before it leaves Plus next month. Enjoying it mostly, the combat, platforming all pretty good. Story is kinda meh but does enough to keep it ticking along. But bloody hell how annoying is Aloy? Telling you what to do every 5 seconds. Just walked into a cave like room and before I get chance to look around she's "I need to get higher, that ladder should work" chill girl, let me have a minute to look around first! It's painted yellow so of course that's the way forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was full sure there was an option to at least delay her saying the solution so quick, but google is not helpful these days so I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Games really need to program in that the most common lines happen less and less as time goes on. "Better pick these up, might need them later".... "Better pick these up, might need them later"…yeah Aloy, I know.... "Better pick these up, might need them later".... yes Aloy, that's why I'm picking them up. That's why I always pick them up.… "Better pi"SHUT THE F*CK UP ALOY!!

It's like in MGS Phantom Pain, every time you fulton a soldier Miller would go "He's coming too?" Yes Kaz, every soldier. I am taking absolutely everything that is not nailed down in this game and we're over 50 hours in, how have you not gotten this by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I couldn't stand Alloy when I started playing HZD, so I never went back. HFW looks like more of the same. And the world looks too shiny and fake to me. And probably also I've open world burnout.

Can't help with the open world burnout, but it took me 2 attempts to get into HFW. The first, I gave up after 6 or so hours, went back when it landed on PS+ and continued from where I was, which was great because that was basically the tutorial hours so I was straight into the action more or less. Ended up plat'ing it. The character interactions are some of the best out there imo, no wooden performances and static characters, everyone moved naturally and reacted naturally, for the most part. The world was shiny, but at the same time with little human damage due to the story, I assume that's how colourful the world would be. Action was fun, if not a bit too much on the abilities/tactics available, there's a lot. Story… not bad. But if you can't warm to Aloy, then there's not much you can do, she's a chatty little thing.

I would recommend to turn on auto-collect though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

sorry not really relevant to the thread, but I posted about this earlier in the main forum and got no replies but perhaps someone here has an idea…

I haven't used my PS4 for 6 months or so as I was playing something else, so I grabbed the controller a couple of days ago and note that the Circle button is fairly unresponsive in that it mostly doesn't work unless I hold it down for 4 seconds or so and then it might register.

The controller is in mint condition and was only lightly dusty but I don't think it was dusty enough to cause serious damage.

I tried resetting it but no difference.

Should I buy some canned air or do these controllers just randomly die of their own accord after 7 years or so?

If you're any way technically minded, you could chance opening it and see if it needs a cleaning. There are hapes of videos on YT about cleaning it with toothpicks/earbuds and alcohol, or tear down ones where you open it up and clean whatever you can. I'd imagine it's either gunk and a clean will work, or the contact is worn/broke and a replacement would be the best option then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,879 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yah wouldn't be gunk as I'm careful to always play with clean hands lol.. strange it would be worn as it wasn't like I was playing it more than 400 hours over the 7 years

I mostly used it for PSVR so the wands got more time than the controller

• Advertisement
Advertisement