Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny 2.0 (PC)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,278 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dcully wrote: »
    Your just choosing to ignore what is blatantly obvious so and the very reason you seem to be upset about.
    Its like your being explained the reasons for what your complaining about but choose to ignore the fact.

What is this bloom you speak of?
    Only bloom i know of is the graphical lighting effect called Bloom.

Framerate makes a dramatic difference, combine that with M&KB 30 fps is goingto play like a snail compared to 144fps regardless of the game your playing.

If you don't know what the mechanics I am complaining about are - then you cant really argue that I am ignoring the explanations. You don't know if your explanations are actually relevant to the complaint. IMO they aren't.

In Destiny 2 (and Destiny 1) on console, guns have bloom.

If I shoot my handcannon the bullet will go where I am - then bloom occurs. If I shoot again too soon the bullet will go to a random point within a cone of where I am pointing. So in a gun fight where I point won't be where the bullet goes *some* of the time - so evening if I am pointing at a headshot I might hit nothing at all.

That, apparently, isn't an issue, or is a much smaller issue on PC. When using a controller.

On Destiny 2 on console if I shoot my handcannon the gun aim will recoil away from centre and take time to return to centre (this is also part of where bloom occurs but isn't limited to the recoil time). On PC, VV/Bungie have said they have removed recoil because it didn't feel right when using a mouse. When using a controller it doesn't occur either.

Why can't the basic way a gun functions in terms of point-shoot-hit where i pointed be the same on Console as it is on PC when using the exact same controller?

Why does KB&M being a thing mean the mechanics are different, and better on PC, when using a controller? If no recoil and no bloom is acceptable on the PC version when using a controller why are console players stuck with it - having complained about these exact mechanics for 3 years?

Frame Rates and Resolution don't explain this. I can understand the mechanics might feel crap on PC with a mouse (they feel crap on controller too!) so I can understand the change on PC. But it is a change that would greatly benefit the console players too, all of them, so why not give us the same mechanics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I managed to find a complete fix for the console Handcannon Bloom issue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If you don't know what the mechanics I am complaining about are - then you cant really argue that I am ignoring the explanations. You don't know if your explanations are actually relevant to the complaint. IMO they aren't.

In Destiny 2 (and Destiny 1) on console, guns have bloom.

If I shoot my handcannon the bullet will go where I am - then bloom occurs. If I shoot again too soon the bullet will go to a random point within a cone of where I am pointing. So in a gun fight where I point won't be where the bullet goes *some* of the time - so evening if I am pointing at a headshot I might hit nothing at all.

That, apparently, isn't an issue, or is a much smaller issue on PC. When using a controller.

On Destiny 2 on console if I shoot my handcannon the gun aim will recoil away from centre and take time to return to centre (this is also part of where bloom occurs but isn't limited to the recoil time). On PC, VV/Bungie have said they have removed recoil because it didn't feel right when using a mouse. When using a controller it doesn't occur either.

Why can't the basic way a gun functions in terms of point-shoot-hit where i pointed be the same on Console as it is on PC when using the exact same controller?

Why does KB&M being a thing mean the mechanics are different, and better on PC, when using a controller? If no recoil and no bloom is acceptable on the PC version when using a controller why are console players stuck with it - having complained about these exact mechanics for 3 years?

Frame Rates and Resolution don't explain this. I can understand the mechanics might feel crap on PC with a mouse (they feel crap on controller too!) so I can understand the change on PC. But it is a change that would greatly benefit the console players too, all of them, so why not give us the same mechanics?

All you had to do in the very beginning was mention recoil or crosshair bloom and everyone would know what your talking about.

I dont have the game so i cant comment [ill buy it if and when it gets a decent endgame]

If they left recoil out of the PC version thats a bit silly to be fair because recoil is easier countered with KB&M.
    99% of PC fps games have recoil and in some cases more recoil than the console versions of these games, planetside 2 for example is a prime example.

All you had to do in the very beginning was mention recoil and everyone would know what your talking about.

I dont have the game so i cant comment [ill buy it if and when it gets a decent endgame]

If they left recoil out of the PC version thats a bit silly to be fair because recoil is easier countered with KB&M.
    99% of PC fps games have recoil and in some cases more recoil than the console versions of these games, planetside 2 for example is a prime example.

My first post said shooting mechanics and my second post said recoil and bloom. I stated those were my issues.

Well you went about it in a roundabout way thats for sure lol.

Maybe you should just buy a PC then :)

Cheapest place to get this?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cheapest place to get this?

CdKeys I'd say.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    CdKeys I'd say.

Wiinar niwinerr chickenad dinern

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-destiny-2-cd-key-compare-prices/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

I picked up the PC version out of curiosity. Hip fire is now a reasonable thing, range on most stuff is irrelevant, it plays even more differently than I would have guessed.

Running at 1080p and 144hz, it's like butter.

Haven't been overly pushed by the game on PS4 and this may follow suit. Nice that replaying it on pc offers a fresh take purely based on visuals and control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hey guys,

I played Destiny 1 primarily solo due to hating the whole controller thing. But will be up for MP content on the PC after finishing up the SP and getting my head in the game. Battlenet ID Ahriakin#1166

• Advertisement

I..... just can't look at PC gameplay.

It annoys me that PC has a better version of the game - that the gunplay is better.

Graphics, Textures, FoV, FPS etc - grand, I expect them to be better. But the actual shooting mechanics and gun handling? That is fecking irritating.

No offense, or master raceishness (I have a PS4 and Xbox one, most consoles since the Sega era). But M+KBD rules FPS, and I am profoundly grateful they didn't fk this up on the PC version. As you said graphics you expect, but the control level...thank god they didn't compromise. After playing initial-release 1 on the PS4, and the end-all-dlc on the Xbox (the wife stole my PS4 :( ) it is honestly fantastic to continue the franchise with my own control of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I..... just can't look at PC gameplay.

It annoys me that PC has a better version of the game - that the gunplay is better.

Graphics, Textures, FoV, FPS etc - grand, I expect them to be better. But the actual shooting mechanics and gun handling? That is fecking irritating.

The better gun handling is only to be expected with a mouse though.

Or are you referring to recoil/recovery, etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I'm not saying the PC should be brought in-line - my problem is (based on why i hear and have seen) the PC version plays like the console version SHOULD, and it annoys me that the difference exists. If the PC version game mechanics are better then god damn implement them on the console version.

Again, I'm not hating on the PC version or screaming for it to be nerfed.

There is only so much you can do with the console hardware.

Developers are now pretty much maxed out in terms of visual fidelity on consoles.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    There is only so much you can do with the console hardware.

Developers are now pretty much maxed out in terms of visual fidelity on consoles.

Visual Fidelity isn't part of my complaint.

CruelCoin wrote: »
    The better gun handling is only to be expected with a mouse though.

Or are you referring to recoil/recovery, etc?

recoil, recovery and handling when using a controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played an hour or so last night, and it looks and runs incredibly good. Gunplay feels great, sound design is excellent, and the first few missions were fun enough. Looking forward to getting back into it this weekend.

I'll put up my Blizzard ID later as well (can't remember it at the moment), for anyone who wants to do some co-op.

Is there a discord for PC players going? A few of us on the boards battlegrounds discord have got it. Might just use that

I don't know whats going on but its good craic.

The opening is brilliant. I thought I was watching an intro video at first, minimal amount of menus and suddenly your in the thick of it. Grips you from the get go. More games should start like that rather than some forced tutorial.

• Advertisement

People agreeing with Conovar

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/792hla/after_using_handcannons_on_both_pc_and_ps4_hand/

EDIT: Aaaaaand it's just been added to the "Bungie Please" list on Reddit, which is one of the things the developers actually look at. so that's good news for you. Give it 2.5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

Fcuk it, I have to many other games to get through before I try Destiny 2. Ahhhhhhh.
    Should I get it, its payday after all?????

While it's nice to see people agreeing with me, and I cluttered the thread with this stuff yesterday, it's not fair to the PC crowd for the complaints to be messing up this thread, they aren't PC issues.

We should move this discussion to the general thread.

Not a shot at you generic, I should have kept those comments off this thread in the first place.

Yeah, keep your salt away and let the PC lads enjoy the game ffs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 steve7791

hey lads i set up a clan there for PC players as i couldn't find one set up already link should be below.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2825409

On PC. battle.net ID Toastor#1844

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

steve7791 wrote: »
    hey lads i set up a clan there for PC players as i couldn't find one set up already link should be below.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Index?groupId=2825409

Best of luck lads.

I'll join that clan tonight.

cool man, its set to open anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

joined there lads aka noobzerker/salty ,game is unreal on pc

Is there still a bug where users experience big fps drop when your in a clan on PC?

Ill join the pc clan if thats fixed.

• Advertisement

so far that hasn't happened to myself or anyone else in the clan, maybe its caused by having a load of people in it? were only at 9 people so far

No FPS issues that I've noticed since joining.

Cool just sent a join request so, the game plays and looks glorious @ 2560X1440 @ 144hz on PC.
    Im only a couple of hours in but its enjoyable enough, just give me more endgame :)

ahh man im jealous of you already ha, im playing 144hz @1080p but barely push above 100fps :/

steve7791 wrote: »
    ahh man im jealous of you already ha, im playing 144hz @1080p but barely push above 100fps :/

I have to drop to low settings for a solid 144 though, im running the campaign at a mix of highest/medium and im getting 60-80 fps but after that ill go somewhere in between as gsync makes it feel butter smooth anyways once you approach 60-90 fps and above ofcourse.

My old i5 2500K 4.4ghz and GTX970 run games great at 1440 once i drop a few effects down some of which i dont really like anyways as they can make games look blurry and overly processed.

nice ive a gtx970 myself its just my old i5-2300 holding me back so not much i can do till i upgrade. im the same way ill always turn the settings down to get more fps. i turned off motion blur and depth of field right away but for once i left light shafts and bloom on, they do make the campaign look lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

anyone want to push for nightfall tonight?

anyone want to push for nightfall tonight?

I'll be on in the morning if anyone in the clan wants to run the nightfall. Handy one this week.

bugs wrote: »
    I'll be on in the morning if anyone in the clan wants to run the nightfall. Handy one this week.

indeed with a lot of skippable parts to really get the time down for those looking for the rat king ledge

Not a priority but if/when anyone else gets to the Strike mission portion of the Sturm/Drang exotic quest give me a shout if ye nay mind (a fireteam is a requirement). I'm in the clan as Ahriakin, no hurry as I'm not into sidearms really but may aswell finish it up when convenient.

• Advertisement

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Not a priority but if/when anyone else gets to the Strike mission portion of the Sturm/Drang exotic quest give me a shout if ye nay mind (a fireteam is a requirement). I'm in the clan as Ahriakin, no hurry as I'm not into sidearms really but may aswell finish it up when convenient.

It doesn't need a fireteam

Are you sure? The quest description and any walkthrough's I've read all point to needing a team for it to activate properly.

EDIT: Apologies, you were right, I just did it solo. How many of those walkthroughs are just copying the same initially broken one I wonder. Anyway wasn't too hard at all, I know you don't have to do the final boss for the Exotic side but besides being a bullet sponge it wasn't hard to finish the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Anybody here have it on the PS4/Xbox and recommend getting it again? How much better is it?

They really did do a good job with the pc version. Can't compare it to anything bar D1 on the PS4, but it controls extremely well, and looks amazing. Really enjoying the campaign as well, which i've just about finished i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked it up earlier, not a clue whats happening... All i know is im on a farm at this stage.
    Edit-Ive just joined that clan, i guess thats a guild??

Sitting onlight level 283 atm, not so bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, Clans are pretty much MMO guilds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, Clans are pretty much MMO guilds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Been playing D2 for a while now and I am enjoying it. For better or worse the game is clearly focused towards the casuals. Those who log in for a few hours; do this and that and then leave. Hardcore / Grinders are an after thought.

Got two characters and I'm slowly working them up to par.

I have also joined the clan. ZyronIE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Cool just sent a join request so, the game plays and looks glorious @ 2560X1440 @ 144hz on PC.
    Im only a couple of hours in but its enjoyable enough, just give me more endgame :)
    Aye, just started it tonight after only finishing the first entry on the PS4 Pro a few months but the change to 1440p@165hz is crazy. :o

Advertisement