Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

duploelabs wrote: »
    Versions of it have been out for decades so if it hasn't broken out now I doubt it

The new one is played by many players in real time as opposed to the normal turn based gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah this isn't normal Worms. The first trailer didn't sell it to me but being free on Plus helped Rocket and Fall Guys.
    Strange then they have Worms and Rocket Arena the same month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

534886.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    534886.jpg

€0.00, happy when I see that! :pac::D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Anyone tried the new worms yet ?

Not sure if they're using dedicated servers or if a player hosts the match but I'm having awful connection problems with it and I ran a speed test and my internet looks fine, so much rubber banding and hits not registering etc. Makes it very hard to play :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks i bought a series x in the expectation that i wouldnt get a ps5 but tesco have come through for me and should get it next week.

obviously ps plus isnt as comprehensive as game pass but what are the best titles on it from an overall reviews and must play POV? also do games disappear off it or if you have downloaded it is it yours to play as long as you have a valid sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks i bought a series x in the expectation that i wouldnt get a ps5 but tesco have come through for me and should get it next week.

obviously ps plus isnt as comprehensive as game pass but what are the best titles on it from an overall reviews and must play POV? also do games disappear off it or if you have downloaded it is it yours to play as long as you have a valid sub?

Plus and Gamespass are completely different. Plus is basically Xbox Live. You get 2-3 game’s for free each month and the ability to play online. There’s also a Plus Collection with about 20 PS4 games to play on PS5.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Plus and Gamespass are completely different. Plus is basically Xbox Live. You get 2-3 game’s for free each month and the ability to play online. There’s also a Plus Collection with about 20 PS4 games to play on PS5.

ok so i can access those 20 ps4 games (for as long as i have a sub? ) and what about the 2-3 games added each month, are they just there for the month or as long as i have a sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ok so i can access those 20 ps4 games (for as long as i have a sub? ) and what about the 2-3 games added each month, are they just there for the month or as long as i have a sub?

All the monthly games you have for as long as you keep your sub active and you managed to claim them during the month they are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Folks where is the best value for 12 month Irish ps plus at the moment?

CD keys seem to be out and that would have been my go to supplier in the past.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Eneba, maybe?

Yup, Eneba have them. Grab a 3% off code from somewhere to wipe out the cost of the additional fees.

https://www.eneba.com/psn-playstation-plus-card-365-days-ie-psn-key-ireland

You missed out though, subs were down to €45 for the last 2 weeks. This ended on Tuesday.

folks its been a while so forgive the stupid qn, i have two playstation accounts, an irish one and a us one (as games tended to be cheaper), is that still working ok (I have a ps5 coming friday)

also, can i just get a ps plus sub for the us account and that works ok on both?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

folks its been a while so forgive the stupid qn, i have two playstation accounts, an irish one and a us one (as games tended to be cheaper), is that still working ok (I have a ps5 coming friday)

also, can i just get a ps plus sub for the us account and that works ok on both?

Yes and Yes, you need to have both accounts on your PS5 and turn on Console Sharing so that the PS+ benefits carry over all accounts on the PS5

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/account/ps5-console-sharing-offline-play/

I have 3 PSN accounts, IE, UK and US

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you had Plus before on your Irish account, you'll lose access to the games from it if you go with US Plus, as far as I know. Not sure about cloud saves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Just to tie in with the cloud saves bit. When you sign up for PS Plus are all your saves for all your games backed up automatically? What happens if you stop the subscription and a while later your PS4/PS5 dies?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Sorry if these questions sound stupid but I was lucky enough to get a ps5 for my daughter for Xmas and there had never been a console in the house before.
    From what I’m reading I need to get a ps plus subscription for her to play multiplayer and this is region locked?also looking at ps now and I see Smyths have a one year subscription for €60 and there is a huge back catalogue of old games to play on this subscription?The subscription they have for sale is for the ps4 but will this work for the ps5 and is this region locked too?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

ben36 wrote: »
    Sorry if these questions sound stupid but I was lucky enough to get a ps5 for my daughter for Xmas and there had never been a console in the house before.
    From what I’m reading I need to get a ps plus subscription for her to play multiplayer and this is region locked?also looking at ps now and I see Smyths have a one year subscription for €60 and there is a huge back catalogue of old games to play on this subscription?The subscription they have for sale is for the ps4 but will this work for the ps5 and is this region locked too?thanks

The ps plus subscription is for PS4 and ps5. It enables online play and you get a few free games every month that once redeemed are added to your account and can be played as long as you have a ps plus subscription. Note that you have to redeem the games during the month. If it lapses you can't access these games until you renew.

For the ps5 they have also introduced what is called the instant games collection. This is a list of 20 or so of the absolute best PS4 games that can be redeemed on ps5 and can be played as long as you have a current ps plus subscription. They are as follows:

Batman: Arkham Knight
    Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
    Days Gone
    Detroit: Become Human
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    inFAMOUS: Second Son
    The Last Guardian
    The Last of Us Remastered
    Monster Hunter: World
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    Until Dawn

Ps the ps plus subscription is region locked. If you were to buy a voucher from UK or us retailer it would only work with an account from that country.

I normally buy a subscription from the ps store around black Friday as it's reduced to €45 (you just missed the offer)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just to tie in with the cloud saves bit. When you sign up for PS Plus are all your saves for all your games backed up automatically? What happens if you stop the subscription and a while later your PS4/PS5 dies?

Thanks,
    M

You will be able to renew your subscription and have the cloud data from when it was last uploaded before your subscription ended.

You can also make a copy of saved game data to a USB storage device too > https://www.instructables.com/How-to-copy-a-PS4-game-save-to-a-external-drive/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: No asking about swapping passwords or accounts, please. Besides being totally against Sony’s rules, giving your details to someone else is just asking for trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yup, Eneba have them. Grab a 3% off code from somewhere to wipe out the cost of the additional fees.

You missed out though, subs were down to €45 for the last 2 weeks. This ended on Tuesday.

Eneba seem to be cheapest at the moment, not a lot of deals out there. I used the code AGFC to get 3% off, so cost was €50.79

why not get a us one for 27 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

why not get a us one for 27 quid?

you can but then you're getting the us games each month, the sale discounts will be on us games etc. I'd look into getting a turkey one this christmas, saw it mentioned on hukd

sweetie wrote: »
    you can but then you're getting the us games each month, the sale discounts will be on us games etc. I'd look into getting a turkey one this christmas, saw it mentioned on hukd

then games on the us store are cheaper anyway, and the free games every month dont tend to be amazing do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

then games on the us store are cheaper anyway, and the free games every month dont tend to be amazing do they?

mostly the same games and yes way better sales. tbh I'd go Us or turkey as a new psplus user.

sweetie wrote: »
    mostly the same games and yes way better sales. tbh I'd go Us or turkey as a new psplus user.

If going US set up the account in Oregon as there is no sales tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The list of games that comes with PS5:

Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    The Last Guardian
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Until Dawn

Will there be enough space to download all of these on the PS5 or is it a case of having to download what you can before they are removed? January 7th I think it is.

Also, if I’m using the same account on my PS4 & PS5, will I be able to play them on the PS4? I’m thinking I won’t get near the PS5 with my son playing it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There’s no indication they’re going to be removed in January.

I’d buy an external HDD if you plan on downloading many of them. They won’t benefit massively from the internal SSD anyway, and space is very much at a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Lemlin wrote: »
    The list of games that comes with PS5:

Battlefield 1
    Bloodborne
    Days Gone
    Fallout 4
    Final Fantasy XV
    God of War
    The Last Guardian
    Mortal Kombat X
    Persona 5
    Ratchet & Clank
    Until Dawn

Will there be enough space to download all of these on the PS5 or is it a case of having to download what you can before they are removed? January 7th I think it is.

Also, if I’m using the same account on my PS4 & PS5, will I be able to play them on the PS4? I’m thinking I won’t get near the PS5 with my son playing it!

No chance in hell you'd get all them on ps5 internal hard drive, half if you're lucky.

The leave date hasn't been confirmed. But even if it is in Jan, you just need to add to library and then can download anytime in the future for free, regardless of whether still on plus collection. That's how all other plus games work anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

JimBurnley wrote: »
    No chance in hell you'd get all them on ps5 internal hard drive, half if you're lucky.

The leave date hasn't been confirmed. But even if it is in Jan, you just need to add to library and then can download anytime in the future for free, regardless of whether still on plus collection. That's how all other plus games work anyhow

And will I be able to play them on PS4 while my son is on PS5?

Advertisement