Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkin it like you talk it ....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

dude i think you're talking about sheep. cows are a differant genre. i should know. im a cow farmer on tuesdays.

:pac:

Now the plot really thickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

dude i think you're talking about sheep. cows are a differant genre. i should know. im a cow farmer on tuesdays.

:pac:
    ive released hundreds of sheep into fields over the years,i know what im talking about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Shapes wrote: »
    Are most people on here producing dance music?

Yes, set up Reason .... wind it up , record it down, you know the drill. :D

Shapes wrote: »
    Cause Santa is coming? :cool:

...and as a follow on (forgive me if it's basic or idiotic) whats the best way, in ye're opinion, to get your stuff heard and rated as to wheter or not it is good enough?

Sorry for taking the pizz Shapes!

If any of us REALLY knew that we wouldn't be here. The whole thing is a big mystery and, at the moment, an evolving mystery to boot.

The only thing you can really say, and this does hark back to my frivolous comment is actually Be Good.

That's a terrific starting point!

Neurojazz wrote: »
    if you were an artist that didn't know arse from elbow in the business but wrote heartfelt music then you'd need to be armed to the teeth or get ripped.

Ain't that the truth .... a lot of the (outwardly) successful acts never make a penny really ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth .... a lot of the (outwardly) successful acts never make a penny really ..

I've seen a lot of semi-rants recently on the blogs of established and past artists which all basically seem to conclude that the only way to make money in this day and age (unless you're producing something ringtone friendly) is to tour. A lot. Royalties are all but pocket money and radio-play is being superceded by Web broadcasting.

jimi_t wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of semi-rants recently on the blogs of established and past artists which all basically seem to conclude that the only way to make money in this day and age (unless you're producing something ringtone friendly) is to tour. A lot. Royalties are all but pocket money and radio-play is being superceded by Web broadcasting.
    this is probably true for bands but if your a prolific producer in dance music you could crank em out at a steady rate it should generate enough income from that alone.but that being said if your that prolific youll be getting gigs so it will be tough to keep up that output

Lads yer Hi-Jackin me thread ......

Techno's for kids, No? We're grown ups around here ...........................no?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I am a technophobe!

As for techno being popular or not and who are the biggest artists/labels etc.
    It doesn't matter. Everything sounds great full of E :D

Back on the original topic.
    My biggest chart success was "The Revs". Got a couple of top 10 singles and a top 5 album. i have done a few albums for a Dublin based Nigerian band who have sold an unbelievable amount of cds without denting the charts.
    They tour the churches in Ireland and the UK and sell a couple of hundred cds per gig. Their last CD sold about 5000. These guys do it for a living yet you would not hear of them unless you were connected.
    I have had several good selling metal albums in the underground scene around Europe.
    There are quite a few Irish metal bands with label deals. Generally the label will contribute somewhat to the recording costs then cover duplication/promo etc.
    I have done 2 albums like this recently and have 3 more booked in for Jan/Feb/March.

Lads yer Hi-Jackin me thread ......

Techno's for kids, No? We're grown ups around here ...........................no?

scooter-1998.jpg

Left (Damaged Trax) Centre (Jsuited) right (Seannash)

• Advertisement

dav nagle wrote: »
    scooter-1998.jpg

:D:D:D:D

oh just curious to know.if your in a band,can you release singles on as many different labels as you want or do they generally tie you into an album deal if your good.i suspect theyll have all the rights to any of your music but could something like that be done

dav nagle wrote: »
    scooter-1998.jpg

Sean looks pizzed off ...

Yeah Jsuited and Damagedtrax look more focused

nah im the bad boy of the group.jtsuited is the sensitive one and damage is the breakdancing one

seannash wrote: »
    damage is the breakdancing one

DamagedBacx?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

My biggest chart success was "The Revs". Got a couple of top 10 singles and a top 5 album.
    was that 'Suck' you did with them? I remember hearing the autotuned to bejaysus boyband parody thing over the phone at the time with John being mega excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

jtsuited wrote: »
    was that 'Suck' you did with them? I remember hearing the autotuned to bejaysus boyband parody thing over the phone at the time with John being mega excited.

It was.
    The parody was a boy band version of "there is a light.."
    Do you know John?
    I heard he got married recently. Tell him I said hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

It was.
    The parody was a boy band version of "there is a light.."
    Do you know John?
    I heard he got married recently. Tell him I said hi.

yeah he married zoe conway (the violin player). I will tell him you said hi. Haven't seen him in a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i look constipated. and chubby.

• Advertisement

acyually weve been meaning to talk to you about that:D

so I am not the only one, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Top marks for (probably) the most demented thread ever Guys!

Just finished reading it. What a rollercoaster of madness. LOL :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

we aim to please :D

I though I was only askin' a simple question ....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

I though I was only askin' a simple question ....:o

stirring it as usual!:D

stirring it as usual!:D

..... but in a complicated way ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

There are lots of fruity opinions on boards, some of them well balanced and researched and some not.

But ultimately music production doesn't happen here but in the studios.

Do any of us here actually make music anyone cares about? And when I say cares I mean outside of the bands/artists immediate circle.

An obvious (but not the only) way to measure that is sales.

Do any of us make recordings that sell ???

Are we just a bunch of Tin Roofers on the Net?

This post is long overdue. Its the only post that warranted a response in a long long time. The biggest egos on this board have the least reason to be this way. My suggestion to the newcomers? Forget which pre or mic to get, Start making some music and spend less time reading about other people reading about making music.

sei046 wrote: »
    This post is long overdue. Its the only post that warranted a response in a long long time. The biggest egos on this board have the least reason to be this way. My suggestion to the newcomers? Forget which pre or mic to get, Start making some music and spend less time reading about other people reading about making music.

Yeeow ! Welcome back sei046!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I laughed my whole way through this thread. What a load of nonsense. The only people I have respect for are those who are confident enough in their achievements to not have to harp on about them, and those newcomers who arent afraid to ask half the puffters on this forum for advice because they have the actual hunger to do something good and move on. Paul, Fair play to you, you always bring up good conversation and ask good questions. Its not your fault half the crowd use the threads as an excuse to lick their own balls.

Advertisement