Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I think we need a forum with a load of mammies to molly coddle some posters. They can go there post about what the bad man said and let paid posters listen and agree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

sei046 wrote: »
    Does every comment you make have to be trying to go against someone else? Why can I not just post about the "musical production" I saw whether it be good or bad and since it was so topical before it seemed worth mentioning. As it turns out there is a lot not worth mentioning to some folks here.

you are the one that started all of this. I don't see how you can start the topic and then disengage from the reaction of some posters without really explaining the actual point of what you were trying to say as in the end it just leads to more confrontation.

Like I said its your opinion, you think that dj was rubbish then fair enough but other than that the thread was just random.

I don't want to argue with you I am just pointing out why some people might have reacted the way they did. Not saying you need to give a public apology or anything so corny as its gone too late for any sort of explanation as now you have come across as a bit arrogant and narrow minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Christ, it's obvious the OP was just venting, it's not the end of the world. JT I think you're bang out of order here, I guess this topic has touched a nerve :confused:

If people don't post their experiences, both good and bad, er forgive me for asking an obvious question, but what's the point? Should we just shut down boards?

Have you ever read some of the motoring rants? Do you think everyone thinks taxi drivers are scum of the earth, or do you think that maybe (just maybe) they just need to let off steam. It's not like the OP is a troll, he's just ranting so take it at face value and chillax!
    jtsuited wrote:
    @ Paul: you really do make such lofty statements about how this forum should be run, yet you've been here a relatively short while.
    Now that's just reeeediculous. Once a user signs up to boards.ie, they have the same forum rights as anyone else (barring access boards). You cannot be seriously suggesting that post count really matters a f*** to anyone with half a brain. But I suppose on tinternet, post count = cock size.

Anyway back on topic. Do ye have any ABBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Jt seriously man. I dont know how you havent gotten in more trouble in these forums.

yeah it's funny that isn't it. only forum i've ever had problems on was this one. probably because there's a little less bullsh1t on other forums. And mods don't post inflammatory offensive posts on other ones.
    I presume you've checked my ban history. If you haven't in my 3+ years on boards I have been:

Once banned from here (we all know why).
    Banned from the Cuckoo's nest for posting in the 'post here to get banned sticky'.
    Banned from the paranormal forum (boohoo) for making a wildly offensive but hilarious joke (i knew i was going to get banned but i couldn't resist)

Got 2 infractions for insulting a guy who later got banned on the atheist forum (it was pretty funny, there were a few infractions)

The reason I haven't got banned more is probably the fact that I don't break the rules.
    The reason I got into a bit of trouble here was the fact I brought up a point, a mod said i was completely out of line and on my own in my thinking. And then low and behold, a few pm's, a poll, and a new thread later a good few people turn out to actually agree with me.

What really bugs me is the fact that Paul Brewer constantly makes jibes about the forum and a few posters (often aimed at me). We all know the posts ("how many soundcards can i get for 200 euro", "negative shouting and roaring", 'tin roofers' etc.).
    And are there warnings or anything? There was once but apart from that I've seen nothing.
    I come straight out and say what I mean rather than making some sort of bitchy implications. And I'll stand up behind what I say. Because to me, it's the more decent thing to do.

And if you think that i'm doing it behind some sort of anonymity on the internet you are sadly mistaken. Because I'd say the same things to anyone's faces.

I said your post was clinically retarded. And I'm pretty sure the general vibe of the last 4 pages has been that it indeed was.

Now that is not a personal attack.

Savman wrote: »
    Christ, it's obvious the OP was just venting, it's not the end of the world. JT I think you're bang out of order here, I guess this topic has touched a nerve :confused:

If people don't post their experiences, both good and bad, er forgive me for asking an obvious question, but what's the point? Should we just shut down boards?

Have you ever read some of the motoring rants? Do you think everyone thinks taxi drivers are scum of the earth, or do you think that maybe (just maybe) they just need to let off steam. It's not like the OP is a troll, he's just ranting so take it at face value and chillax!
    Now that's just reeeediculous. Once a user signs up to boards.ie, they have the same forum rights as anyone else (barring access boards). You cannot be seriously suggesting that post count really matters a f*** to anyone with half a brain. But I suppose on tinternet, post count = cock size.

I think we've established that the op was clearly implying something. We all know what he was getting at. And that's where the problem came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

post count = cock size.

I'm gonna grow that Mammy Fecker no matter what! Abba Gold, Classic!

jtsuited wrote: »
    What really bugs me is the fact that Paul Brewer constantly makes jibes about the forum and a few posters (often aimed at me). We all know the posts ("how many soundcards can i get for 200 euro", "negative shouting and roaring", 'tin roofers' etc.).
    And are there warnings or anything? There was once but apart from that I've seen nothing.
    Oh man not this again :rolleyes:
    Dude, you're beginning to sound suspiciously like someone with an axe to grind.

paranormal forum

NOW it's making sense! Good name for a band that, Paranormal Forum...

Oh man not this again :rolleyes:
    Dude, you're beginning to sound suspiciously like someone with an axe to grind.
    no my point was that if i'm gonna get warned by a mod or whatever, i'm at least going to explain why i don't accept it when there's stuff like that going on.

it was an example.

Sav i wasnt even really ranting. It was just crazy how the guy cleared the room. He was STUPIDLY loud and his speakers couldnt handle the frequency sweeps. Was cutting the heads off everyone. I didnt like the mixing part of it but it wasnt that, I have seen manys the bad band but the whole package was just terrible.

Jt, seriously, If the mods stuck to the charter here you would be gone 10 times over. I have never banned anyone, Its a pain in the ass and it shouldnt be needed but if you dont stop with the remarks your making I think I have given you more than enough warnings.

You can say you dont break the rules all you like but that doesnt make it true. Take it to the feedback thread if you like but if you dont start playing ball a little bit take this is a fresh new warning.

• Advertisement

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    NOW it's making sense! Good name for a band that, Paranormal Forum...

oh hardy har. it was actually my first and last post in there and was a joke.

I think we've established that the op was clearly implying something. We all know what he was getting at. And that's where the problem came from.
    I've just re-read the first few posts from this thread, nothing really bad until you jumped in calling people "stupid" and "ignorant". You're either highly insulted at the general perception of DJs or else you're holding some kind of grudge because when you read over it, it looks like you were waiting for the opportunity to jump on sei046 like a wolf chasing the poor l'il sheep. And everybody likes sheep, they're fluffy.

All I'm saying is, if there was a point to this crusade, I think you've gone the wrong way about it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

DJs are crap, enough said.

Sav i wasnt even really ranting. It was just crazy how the guy cleared the room. He was STUPIDLY loud and his speakers couldnt handle the frequency sweeps. Was cutting the heads off everyone. I didnt like the mixing part of it but it wasnt that, I have seen manys the bad band but the whole package was just terrible.

Jt, seriously, If the mods stuck to the charter here you would be gone 10 times over. I have never banned anyone, Its a pain in the ass and it shouldnt be needed but if you dont stop with the remarks your making I think I have given you more than enough warnings.

You can say you dont break the rules all you like but that doesnt make it true. Take it to the feedback thread if you like but if you dont start playing ball a little bit take this is a fresh new warning.

Sei, if the mods stuck to the charter you would also be gone for the OP.

What really bugs me is the fact that Paul Brewer constantly makes jibes about the forum and a few posters (often aimed at me).

Is there a Paranoia Forum that might welcome you?

Jt DO NOT bring up the whole novice vs pro thing. Your **** stirring

I've just re-read the first few posts from this thread, nothing really bad until you jumped in calling people "stupid" and "ignorant". You're either highly insulted at the general perception of DJs or else you're holding some kind of grudge because when you read over it, it looks like you were waiting for the opportunity to jump on sei046 like a wolf chasing the poor l'il sheep. And everybody likes sheep, they're fluffy.

All I'm saying is, if there was a point to this crusade, I think you've gone the wrong way about it altogether.

I'm sorry did you read over the few pages after the first one?

wtf? when did i say anything about that?

But I wasnt trying to make a point against DJs anyway. It was just over them 2 hours of my night and how bad it was soundwise/productionwise.

I think Sav is right. Jt is looking for any opportunity as he does with other posters. Final warning JT. Move it over to the feedback thread and point to where you see issues, Let someone else have look. I have been MORE than fair here TBH. Im too CUDDLY a mod!

Anyways I'm out of here - sorry for taking the ball, I thought it was everyone's to play with.

See yez on the Music Production Section of Boards, Yea?

• Advertisement

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Is there a Paranoia Forum that might welcome you?

Is there an 'over 45 but actually have a bebo page' forum?

ok we'll try this again. where did i bring that up?

We all know the posts ("how many soundcards can i get for 200 euro", "negative shouting and roaring", 'tin roofers' etc.).

And your out! Good man

I'm sorry did you read over the few pages after the first one?
    As a matter of fact, I did earlier. But IMHO your first response set the tone for what was never going to be a harmonious discussion amongst peers after that.
    Not only is that highly ignorant, it's downright stupid.
    /snip/
    Sei I really don't think you should talk about this stuff on this forum as all you're doing is making yourself out to be someone completely clueless about a certain area of music.

You're genuinely coming across as a complete yokel who has never been exposed to dance music of any form (let alone bad dance music).

And you are breaking the charter rules. As it says no offensive remarks. And I for one am highly offended that someone would post something this inflammatory, this ignorant and this unbelievably unintelligent.

I sincerely hope you were either really drunk or really stoned when you posted this absolute illogical nonsense. Because if that is genuinely your train of thought in day to day life I worry for your safety.
    I can count any number of thinly veiled insults there, hell some of them aren't even disguised at all. Why don't you just call him a dickhead and be done with it? Saves you typing.

Bad vibes bad vibes watcha gonna do watcha gonna do when we come for you.

Jesus who needs this on a Monday.

Hes back in a month or so lads. Enough is enough. If anyone has any issues you can PM to discuss them. He will be kicking up on some other thread anyway

Oh. It's like that now eh. Heavy stuff.

SO! This lad had some HK system.

The bins smaller than the tops jobby. He obviously wanted as much whack out of the bins so he had the rig blaring and the tops were just going crazy. I mean Crazy. A lot of his set was based on Filters and Sweeps and the likes so it got to the stage were the bathroom was jammed with people stuffing TP in their ears.

Which brings me to,

How loud is too loud?

I dont mind really loud once the quality is there in the rig to allow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

ah he got banned..thats just stupid.

• Advertisement

How loud is too loud?

This forum has been FAR too loud for the last few hours? Music Production discussion anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement