Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia Premiere Edition €59.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

redcup342 wrote: »
    Nvidia Geforce NOW started back in 2015

Google didn't do anything new here and will discontinue the Stadia product in a few years, they already laid off the entire internal development team.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-shuts-down-internal-stadia-games-development-team/

Google also rely on Nvidia for their GPUs in their cloud gaming service.

Just to be 100% clear on the highlighted part - they laid off the entire internal team that were working on game development (i.e. new games/etc). They did not (or at least I don't think they did) do anything with the Stadia team itself.

Having said that, still not the most promising thing to see, especially knowing google's ability to close down projects they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you get the PRO version, and add the games to your library, do you lose them if you stop paying for PRO?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The_B_Man wrote: »
    If you get the PRO version, and add the games to your library, do you lose them if you stop paying for PRO?

Yes. But if you sub again later I think you do get them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The_B_Man wrote: »

You can keep the games you buy though regarless of subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

Hi , I'm just posting for people who might have trouble with lag and are like me , not so up to date with the latest tech.

I couldn't justify a mesh system to play Stadia , so I purchased a cheap tenda router on Amazon for 65 euro.
    I couldn't play the stadia upstairs and now I can, my connection is down in the hallway.

It really draws light on how good your wifi can be with a little effort.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BJ1FFLQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Q78XPMHGH05MCZ4D8NX4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have an old vodafone dsl router on a phone line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered the RE option last week, still havent received an email. The T&Cs say

"Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by June 10, 2021 11:59 pm GMT, and must be redeemed by July 10, 2021 11:59 pm GMT."

Wonder how long it will take

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

event wrote: »

"Redemption code for a Stadia Premiere Edition to use at the Google Store will be sent to the email address associated with your Stadia account by June 10, 2021 11:59 pm GMT, and must be redeemed by July 10, 2021 11:59 pm GMT."

Site also says
    "Description
    Your purchase of Resident Evil Village comes with a Stadia Premiere Edition (free standard shipping). Watch out for an email after the game releases to claim your bonus"
    We will be waiting a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

€69.99 taken from my account today by Google, anyone else that ordered the Resident Evil game with free Stadia have the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

beardo81 wrote: »
    €69.99 taken from my account today by Google, anyone else that ordered the Resident Evil game with free Stadia have the same?

Nothing gone from account yet but with game launching on Friday I'd expect it any day now.

Can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

Cyberpunk came out on the 10th of December, I received the code to redeem the Chromecast on the 12th. From Reddit, people were receiving their codes straight away in some cases.

RE8 could be different, but probably the same. Game release is Friday, expect the code by Monday.

• Advertisement

I ended up cancelling, rarely play the xbox so no point getting this tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Just got the code there to order. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Just got my code as well, didn't expect to get it so quick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just got the code there to order. Looking forward to it

Me too

Go code this evening, ordered now. Looking forward to giving this a whirl!

Dispatched now.

SickBoy wrote: »
    Dispatched now.

Just arrived, happy days.

If you have just picked up Stadia we have a thread in the gaming forum too worth checking out.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057965861/65/#post117126613

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

timetogo1 wrote: »
    It's a normal chromecast. So you can cast stuff like Netflix / Youtube / Amazon etc. etc. to it from your phone and they play on your TV.

mmmm silly question here but does this offer ship chromecast with google tv?

I am interested in the offer largely because i was planning on buying the google tv chromecast and some games would be a nice side.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

I am interested in the offer largely because i was planning on buying the google tv chromecast and some games would be a nice side.

It comes with a Chromecast Ultra, not the TV version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

If you have just picked up Stadia we have a thread in the gaming forum too worth checking out.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057965861/65/#post117126613

Cheers for that. I'm the OP on this thread. I've found Stadia quite good as a casual ("Dad") gamer. Would never have played enough games to buy a new console, but ended up playing RE7 (Biohazard) and enjoying it. I have a 3 month trial, and am still debating if I'll pay the full sub per month. It's a pity Google don't offer e.g. a year sub for a lower monthly cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

onform wrote: »
    Cheers for that. I'm the OP on this thread. I've found Stadia quite good as a casual ("Dad") gamer. Would never have played enough games to buy a new console, but ended up playing RE7 (Biohazard) and enjoying it. I have a 3 month trial, and am still debating if I'll pay the full sub per month. It's a pity Google don't offer e.g. a year sub for a lower monthly cost.

I'm similar. Wouldn't bother with a console anymore but I picked this up as the price was right. Was playing Biohazard the last few nights too. Not one for playing by yourself in the evening :D

For that alone and the free month and the free games it was worth it even if I don't continue the monthly sub (but I will for a few months).

I ended up cancelling, rarely play the xbox so no point getting this tbh

Now all you lads saying ye got has me about to order it again. FOMO :pac::D

Not a silly question at all. It ships with the Chromecast ultra. Which is the upgrade over the original Chromecast and handles 4k HDR. But it's not the Chromecast with Google TV.

Oddly the Chromecast with Google TV doesn't support Stadia! It is in the works, but I would have though a Google device would support a Google service out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭wassie

If your talking about the Resident Evil game + bonus Premiere edition offer then its a good deal.

You will get a free trial of Stadia Pro for a month on signup, and even if you cancel at the end of the trial you can still play Resident Evil for free as you own it. Only difference is that you will only be able to play it Full HD resolution (1080) vs 4K if a pro subscriber.

Received mine today. Very impressive I have to say, playing 4k Resident Evil 8 over WiFi with just a controller and Chromecast is really impressive stuff.
    Easy to setup and I really like the Stadia controller too.
    Have 3 free months of Pro as I use Google One too so it was a good purchase for me, and I'm not even a RE fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Looks like it's expired now.

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Looks like it's expired now.

Still on until 21st of May. They removed the main banner but the promo is still running.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10495261?p=revillage_premiere_edition_offer&visit_id=637564633165269001-3858622858&rd=1#zippy=%2Cireland

Ireland
    Eligible users who pre-order or purchase Resident Evil Village on Stadia between 22 March 2021 12:01 am GMT and 21 May 2021 11:59 pm GMT receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller1 and Chromecast Ultra2) at no additional charge, subject to these Terms and Conditions (the 'Offer'). Offer includes free basic delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Still on until 21st of May. They removed the main banner but the promo is still running.

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10495261?p=revillage_premiere_edition_offer&visit_id=637564633165269001-3858622858&rd=1#zippy=%2Cireland

Ireland
    Eligible users who pre-order or purchase Resident Evil Village on Stadia between 22 March 2021 12:01 am GMT and 21 May 2021 11:59 pm GMT receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller1 and Chromecast Ultra2) at no additional charge, subject to these Terms and Conditions (the 'Offer'). Offer includes free basic delivery.

Cheers man.
    I am gonna bite the bullet and order one of these. Would anyone happen to know how long it takes to get delivered?

**Edit
    Does anyone have a direct link to purchase? Anytime I click the button on the website it prompts me to download the app on Google play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cheers man.
    I am gonna bite the bullet and order one of these. Would anyone happen to know how long it takes to get delivered?

**Edit
    Does anyone have a direct link to purchase? Anytime I click the button on the website it prompts me to download the app on Google play.

This any good? https://stadia.google.com/u/1/store/details/c44439c4ee1741b383c93996985efddfrcp1/sku/a724b81ff7134066a864c30929d1e2c9p

Advertisement