Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭eroc79

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Did anyone notice a lack of 'excellent' responses in relation to the situational judgement? And a lot of adequate responses?
    Glad someone else felt the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Did anyone notice a lack of 'excellent' responses in relation to the situational judgement? And a lot of adequate responses?
    eroc79 wrote: »
    Glad someone else felt the same way.

I don't think any of the response were must more than adequate, and I can't say in a real scenario I would do any of them but I did decide in the end to upgrade some of my responses to good and excellent purely "making the best of a bad situation" attitude.

I have no idea if that was the right thing to do or not but I will be waiting patiently for the results to see how I got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Looks like we were all thinking along the same lines.

Let’s hope we are right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Archermit

My biggest issue with this type of "test" is it's more can you guess how we want you to answer rather than how would you honestly react to that situation and that would depend on a lot more information being provided.

It's how feel it is, I missed out by only 2 points in the Dublin questionnaire....hopefully I can get through for this one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

Yes i dont think i picked one excellent to be honest. Some were adequate at best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Think I gave 1 or 2 excellents.

I did have plenty of Goods though. Meh, who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know when results are due out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eod100 wrote: »

It said end of february at some point of the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Eod100 wrote: »

At a guess, I'd say next Friday - that would be 10 business days and seems about standard on these type of competitions...

From my very limited experience

• Advertisement

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    At a guess, I'd say next Friday - that would be 10 business days and seems about standard on these type of competitions...

From my very limited experience

I've been thinking the end of next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mon2002

Did anyone get their results this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mon2002 wrote: »

Yes got interdepartmental results. Will open be a seperate message?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ali1993

Mon2002 wrote: »

Yes got results for one of my regions but not the other, in the open competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Archermit

kildareash wrote: »
    Yes got interdepartmental results. Will open be a seperate message?

Nothing from the open one yet, I don' thave 2 years so I wasn't eligible for internal competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Adamsky_84

Heard back from Cavan today (open comp). Pleased I got through, but it's only one of many hurdles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

Got mine(open Comp). Am placed 30 in order or merit. Qualifying score was 370 and my score was 629.
    says if supervised testing be arranged for my location choice and my place be reached, they will contact me for supervised testing

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mon2002

I got 2 messages

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Anastasia_

Results out for Cork open - happy enough with placing but a bit disheartening hearing no one was taken for Cork last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭RioM

Belle23 wrote: »
    Got mine(open Comp). Am placed 30 in order or merit. Qualifying score was 370 and my score was 629.
    says if supervised testing be arranged for my location choice and my place be reached, they will contact me for supervised testing

Nothing yet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Order of merit 560 - Cork. Seems high ?

• Advertisement

Got my score. Was hoping to do better but guess it's fairly luck of the draw?

Nothing yet - applied for Laois

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Order of merit 560 - Cork. Seems high ?

Might be a serious amount of applications for cork!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Clare results are in

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi , does anyone know if they send separate emails for each county option you selected or just the first choice location ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 citizen89

Doesn't seem to be anything out for Mayo yet. Can't believe how high the numbers must of been for Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ali1993

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi , does anyone know if they send separate emails for each county option you selected or just the first choice location ?
    Thanks

As far as I know you get two separate messages, they seem to be coming out alphabetically. They seem to be on 'C's at the moment, I got my order of merit for Carlow, just waiting for my Kildare message now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

I only got 280 out of 370 required. Next time maybe ;-(
    Good luck everyone else.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    I only got 280 out of 370 required. Next time maybe ;-(
    Good luck everyone else.

I got 260. 370 was the cutoff. Some people have scored in the 600s.
    That gives you an idea of how bad we did.
    I selected 'better than most' for pretty much all of my answers. The previous campaign I went somewhere in the middle and was down in the 7000s. I really can't fugure out these competitions.

Best of luck to everybody else.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Donegal
    Order of Merit: 176

Assessment Questionnaire
    Your Score 527 Qualifying Score 370

Is this a good result...? 176 seems like I'm far down the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Joe222 wrote: »
    I selected 'better than most' for pretty much all of my answers. The previous campaign I went somewhere in the middle and was down in the 7000s. I really can't fugure out these competitions.

Haha, the exact same!

Second campaign in a row couldn't get through this, and basically took complete different approaches to both of them

Think I only answered a few better than most's myself though, and was honest in the main. I thought the situational part seemed very straightforward too

There must be just a few 'sleeper' questions that are put in and very heavily weighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaken not stired

Order of merit 141, score 498. Beats my last one for Dublin, placed at 1501 score 556. If I had of stuck to the same style of answering last time I'd probably of gotten placed higher in order of merit with the higher score, its hard to know which way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I got 355 so that was a poor performance... It seems its easier to get through the AO than the EO questionaire/tests

Does anyone with a high score have any insight or advice? How did you approach the questionaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 shaken not stired

Adamsky_84 wrote: »
    Heard back from Cavan today (open comp). Pleased I got through, but it's only one of many hurdles!

Hey where did you place? I placed a few years back in Cavan 16 after the interviews and never got a call

I got 355 so that was a poor performance... It seems its easier to get through the AO than the EO questionaire/tests

Does anyone with a high score have any insight or advice? How did you approach the questionaire?
    scored 696. My advice would be to be bold with your answers. No middle of the road answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bonbon109

I got 14.

Bonbon109 wrote: »
    I got 14.

What county did you apply for?

Order of merit 141, score 498. Beats my last one for Dublin, placed at 1501 score 556. If I had of stuck to the same style of answering last time I'd probably of gotten placed higher in order of merit with the higher score, its hard to know which way to go.

Seems like a massive jump in places for roughly same score. Must be less applying this time around?

I got 629- I based my answers on the 6 competencies guideline that came with the info pack.
    Some questions did appear contradictory in fairness but I from what I remember I picked very few 'middle of the road' answers.

• Advertisement

14 in Wicklow and 42 in Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Hey I got one county results but not the other
    Also OOM seems like huge numbers is there any realistic hope of getting anywhere with this ?
    Was in the 600s for Galway

Hey where did you place? I placed a few years back in Cavan 16 after the interviews and never got a call
    150 but as long as they call me for tests, I would feel confident that I can move up the places. I was completely in the dark as to whether or not I'd pass, hard to know what they were lookibg for with a good few of those questions.

Belle23 wrote: »
    wow, many congrats. That's some score Belle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcraa

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Results out for Cork open - happy enough with placing but a bit disheartening hearing no one was taken for Cork last year!

Do you mind me asking where you found out that nobody was taken from the Cork panel? Looking at the 2016 thread it seems that there was quite a few. This was posted in February 2018.

"Just in case it might help anyone on here from cork region. I emailed them today. I placed 2500 and sat supervised testing in September. Placed 41 in order of merit from that.

“From the panel of successful candidates from Stage 2, we have called up to order of merit 489 Open, 207- Interdepartmental Stage 3 for candidates who have selected Dublin as a location choice. There will be more interviews but we are unsure at this time of the number that we will reach."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I remember in the past at times they had this questionnaire along with the numerical and verbal as part 1, and you only needed to pass 2 out of 3. I remember I used to get huge scores in numerical and verbal and often not pass the questionnaire!

Just never suited me :D

• Advertisement

Joe222 wrote: »

I also put better than most and got nearly 500. Maybe the other sections let you down? I prefer the numerical and verbal tests where you actually have a clue as to the right answers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

300 odd for my region too....so frustrating. Haven't a clue how to score better on these...ah well.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

Anyone still waiting on results? I haven’t got mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angelic123

Order of merit 148 - score 533 out of 370
    I would assume your score is based on both the exam and your application so I’m assuming your qualifications, work experience etc are graded too? Does anyone actually know?

jr86 wrote: »
    I remember in the past at times they had this questionnaire along with the numerical and verbal as part 1, and you only needed to pass 2 out of 3. I remember I used to get huge scores in numerical and verbal and often not pass the questionnaire!

Just never suited me :D
    I always struggled with the questionnaire. I have done it some many times and it has let me down. the funny thing is, if i did the questionnaire today I would get a completely different outcome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement