Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Hi. I havent posted on here in a few years. Im wicklow & was called for interview Friday. Last year I was OOM 18 & didnt get called for an interview so does that indicate there are fewer jobs in Wicklow. Hoping this is more successful this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

Hi there, the interview focuses on the main competencies list on the info leaflet. I was asked about team work, customer service and achieving goals. Also asked about qualifications and any courses in the future lined up. Also your knowledge of IT...excel, word, email. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Janas

Would you share feedback after your interview on the 21st? It could be really helpful to me, as I'm new to this TCO competition, having been at home with kids for the last decade
    Left a message on page 11 re the interview for you. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SMDT2020

Janas wrote: »
    Hi there, the interview focuses on the main competencies list on the info leaflet. I was asked about team work, customer service and achieving goals. Also asked about qualifications and any courses in the future lined up. Also your knowledge of IT...excel, word, email. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Thank you for this, I haven't interviewed in ages so I'm so nervous about it. Anyone in Donegal been interviewed??? Can anyone shed any light as to what type of questions they are asking? Good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

If you are successful at the interview stage do you have to take the first position offered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

Hey folks for the interview regarding garda vetting do you show the pas ur passport and pps card do need to be photocopied

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

EVanB wrote: »
    If you are successful at the interview stage do you have to take the first position offered?

Pretty much, you may be able to stay on the panel with a really good excuse but I've never managed it...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

Pas seem to be interviewing a lot more ppl earlier than previous years. I heard today that this may be to cover a lot of term time availability due to arise... I’m not sure though how valid this is. Is term time 3 months or can it be for any length of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

anybody that had a recent interview please advise how soon after was a position offered. It would be good to get an idea thanks��

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

Hey folks for the interview regarding garda vetting do you show the pas ur passport and pps card do need to be photocopied

You're asked to bring photocopies so to be sure I was covered I brought originals and photocopies of everything. They checked all the originals to verify them and gave them back to me. They kept all the photocopies.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DundalkFan86

Just did the interview they were very nice ppl i was so nervous i did tco twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭GeneralSherman

Anyone attend and interview in Waterford or know the TREO office ? Will there be a problem getting parking nearby? I have an interview at 9:30 with an hour commute (without traffic delays). Do I need to factor in time to park and walk also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

EVanB wrote: »

Yes you do

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

abbeybella wrote: »
    anybody that had a recent interview please advise how soon after was a position offered. It would be good to get an idea thanks��

Average 2 months. Last year April started mid june and same the other 3 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2 El_Floof

jules5417 wrote: »

Can I ask typically how long is the position for? And have you always got extended before?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMiller

Had anyone had an interview yet.

What was the questions asked.

I have an interview next week and it’s been 15 years since my last one so I’m a bit out of touch.

Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

MrsMiller wrote: »
    Had anyone had an interview yet.

What was the questions asked.

I have an interview next week and it’s been 15 years since my last one so I’m a bit out of touch.

Help!

I had the interview yesterday. It was all competency based. If you go over the interview familirisation material, it will give you a good idea of what to be prepared for. One question was give an example of a time you went out of your way for someone. Another example I had to give was about teamwork. If you have a few examples to give them, you will be fine. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chris16

I guess it depends on time of year. 3 years ago I had my interview in late may and was offered something about 2 weeks later.

2 years ago I had interview in June and offered post in August.
    I guess it depends. I asked how soon would they need people this year I was told about 10 -14 days they will finish the first batch. ( I had my interview this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Thanks😊fingers crossed, best of luck to everyone that did recent interview.

cvb03 wrote: »
    I had the interview yesterday. It was all competency based. If you go over the interview familirisation material, it will give you a good idea of what to be prepared for. One question was give an example of a time you went out of your way for someone. Another example I had to give was about teamwork. If you have a few examples to give them, you will be fine. Best of luck with it.

Can I ask where you interviewed?

• Advertisement

SMDT2020 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you interviewed?

In PublicJobs in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Interviewed in letterkenny, Q's like give me an example of teamwork, give me an example of an area of self improvement you are currently working on/plan to work on. They're asking you to select which of the 4 main offices you don't want to travel to, was very straightforward. Make sure you have your paperwork all with you, and they want to note the exact dates you are available from.

They don't know when you will hear results, said PAS will be in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

manus35 wrote: »
    Hi all, just noticed this thread. Got called to interview in February in Letterkenny when I was placed like 159 on OOM in Donegal.

Out of work almost 3 years so panicking now about references.

Has anyone used older references for this even though their booklet states in the last 3 years,

Another problem is they want original and photocopy of the reference.

I mean most organisations are now paperless and usually email you a reference to print,
    They are looking for something original and hard copy which is not always possible or practical

Manus just print off what you have, I'd reccomend you also get a character reference from someone who knows you, that should suffice. Anything you don't have you get an email address given to you to forward outstanding items. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Interviewed in letterkenny, Q's like give me an example of teamwork, give me an example of an area of self improvement you are currently working on/plan to work on. They're asking you to select which of the 4 main offices you don't want to travel to, was very straightforward. Make sure you have your paperwork all with you, and they want to note the exact dates you are available from.

Thanks for sharing this information. Csn you share your OOM for Donegal and whether this was the all year or summer panel? Thanks again any information is useful for us newbies.

Thank you so much for this, it is very kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Anyone attend and interview in Waterford or know the TREO office ? Will there be a problem getting parking nearby? I have an interview at 9:30 with an hour commute (without traffic delays). Do I need to factor in time to park and walk also ?

There is parking nearby in the Smyths carpark etc....its just a short walk from there.
    Best of luck...I am also in Waterford tomorrow for interview!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

Thanks for the info, very helpful,seems like a fairly straightforward interview. Dont think I would be able to answer the offices I don't want to work in. Don't know them all.Will prob tell them the ones I definitely would like to work in,though I'm sure they just want to hear that your flexible and are willing to work anywhere.
    Don't drive so might actually be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ahnu90

Is anyone else having problems with the garda vetting formatting? Can't get it to print properly from google or desktop, doing my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMiller

cvb03 wrote: »

Thank you very much for your reply it was extremely helpful.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

I wonder will they use the same questions for all the interviews in all the different counties. 😳

• Advertisement

MrsMiller wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your reply it was extremely helpful.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

I wonder will they use the same questions for all the interviews in all the different counties. 😳

No problem.They use the application form that you submitted online to form their questions and ask you things based on your application form. Reading over that will also help you too. Best of luck.

Advertisement