Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2019 in Revenue - Tax, Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

received my placing as well for the 2 locations I selected with the same message about the next planned large-scale recruitment being in September 2020.

can we presume then that we are waiting on vacancies to come up from retirements, promotions, people leaving, etc., instead of numbers working in Audit & Compliance increasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gee Kay

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    received my placing as well for the 2 locations I selected with the same message about the next planned large-scale recruitment being in September 2020.

can we presume then that we are waiting on vacancies to come up from retirements, promotions, people leaving, etc., instead of numbers working in Audit & Compliance increasing?

Yes I too got my placings for my chosen regions. Based on the information received I think that you are right in that we will be reliant on people leaving, promotions, etc.
    I cannot see all locations having recruitment in September 2020 and so the chances of getting an offer may not materialise for all regions. A work colleague was placed 2nd for his selected region last year and he did not receive an offer and was removed from the Panel in October - so job offers will definitely differ between the regional offices.

Gee Kay wrote: »
    Yes I too got my placings for my chosen regions. Based on the information received I think that you are right in that we will be reliant on people leaving, promotions, etc.
    I cannot see all locations having recruitment in September 2020 and so the chances of getting an offer may not materialise for all regions. A work colleague was placed 2nd for his selected region last year and he did not receive an offer and was removed from the Panel in October - so job offers will definitely differ between the regional offices.

Yes it is frustrating but understandable as well, just trying to get used to the process as this was my first time applying through one of these competitions.

Hard to tone down any expectation that even if you are placed 1st there might not be anything before being removed from the panel and having to go through it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭threepeas

Was really happy with my overall placing but i don't think it will be enough. Not sure if there was anyone taken on for the location I choose for the January start and got the same reply from panel placings about September.

Best of luck to all those starting soon. Please come back and tell us all about how great it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭doc22

Was the email from panel placing automatic or did you actually have to ask about your placing per location.

Not all new EOs will be taken from this panel too, there will be internal,inter, mobility and Possible PAS open panel appointments at the various locations too.

• Advertisement

doc22 wrote: »
    Was the email from panel placing automatic or did you actually have to ask about your placing per location.

Not all new EOs will be taken from this panel too, there will be internal,inter, mobility and Possible PAS open panel appointments at the various locations too.

we emailed separately to panelplacings@revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jd10st

Hmmmm. This thread doesn't fill me with huge confidence.

I am OOM of 53 nationally and 2nd and 3rd on OOM in my chosen locations (outside Dublin).

Someone re-assure me please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

jd10st wrote: »

I am OOM of 53 nationally and 2nd and 3rd on OOM in my chosen locations (outside Dublin).

I really depends on your location choices, do you know if any candidates were placed in your chosen locations last year?

No idea. I don't know anyone working in Revenue. Is there any way of finding this out?

I'll just have to sit tight and hope for the best I reckon.

Similar situation to myself, mid 50's overall, 1 and 7 in my chosen locations.

I have toned down any expectation until September at the earliest, if at all. Looks like we are waiting on retirements or people moving to another location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Internetscour

Likewise 1 in my location. But I do know they hired 3 last year so holding out for September!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Placed in the 30s and only 3rd in the location I choose.
    Not holding out much hope to be honest.

Hopefully loads of people get reallocated in preperation for 31 Dec 2020 Brexit trade deal deadline.

That might free a few spots up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

Emailed on the 2nd of January and Im still waiting for my local placing.

It took a few weeks for them to come back to me.
    Hopefully they are getting your job offer ready for you

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gee Kay

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Emailed on the 2nd of January and Im still waiting for my local placing.

Send them a follow up e-mail. Maybe with the Xmas holidays they could have overlooked your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

I think they must be monitoring this chatroom, got my number yesterday, 2 for my pick :)

Now must wait till September, while trying to keep my current job going and hope for the best...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Hi I was just wondering I’ve applied for admin officer role, would training vary much from the details in the thread (three weeks out of four) and is the job much different then the Eo position? I’m assuming salary would be a lot less?

Hi I was just wondering I’ve applied for admin officer role, would training vary much from the details in the thread (three weeks out of four) and is the job much different then the Eo position? I’m assuming salary would be a lot less?

The information booklet for AO lists the salary for the position, why would you assume it would be alot less than EO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Ollie321 wrote: »
    The information booklet for AO lists the salary for the position, why would you assume it would be alot less than EO?

Because the eo position takes three years of training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭LM4C

AO grade higher than EO grade, salary should be higher for AO

civil-service-payscales

Because the eo position takes three years of training

There will also be similar training involved for AO

If the next big recruitment from this panel would be starting in September 2020 when would you reckon offers for these roles would be made?

If the next big recruitment from this panel would be starting in September 2020 when would you reckon offers for these roles would be made?

Hopefully soon put us out of our misery. I think from looking at last year thread some people were offered around May June. There was also talks of a payrise in September affecting retirements so maybe that will affect job offers but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 graigue2

I am also in for this, on panel for Offaly no 3 and Kilkenny no 5, anyone know if theres any movement on the panel yet ?

graigue2 wrote: »
    I am also in for this, on panel for Offaly no 3 and Kilkenny no 5, anyone know if theres any movement on the panel yet ?

No movement in the Kilkenny panel anyway

I emailed panelplacing to see if there was any movement on my OOM either nationally or locally and they replied saying that I hadn't moved on either.

Has anyone being able to find out if their OOM has moved?

Has there been any appointments made from this panel yet?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Has there been any appointments made from this panel yet?

I think there have been some appointments made but that was at the very start.
    Going on the reply from panel placing I wouldn't expect too many more to hear before they offer the September starts.

• Advertisement

I emailed panelplacing to see if there was any movement on my OOM either nationally or locally and they replied saying that I hadn't moved on either.

Has anyone being able to find out if their OOM has moved?

I don't think the oom nationally matters any more now as you will only be offered if a job in your selected region is available and you are next on that panel so you could be offered before someone who finished with a better oom.
    They will also be offering off other panels internal competitions etc.

Advertisement