Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEEHS - Famous Men Picture Quiz

Options
  • 06-11-2020 7:20pm

Who's up for a game of PEEHS?

vggsMka.png

Back in March I ran a picture quiz for International Women's Day. It seemed to go down well; 41 participants took part, with Green&Red being the eventual winner (the Reveal thread is here for those who'd like to revisit!)

Anyway November 19th is International Men's Day, and so I'm now running the male version of this quiz. I'll keep signups open until the afternoon of Thursday 19th, and then hopefully do the Reveal that evening or the evening after.

What is PEEHS?

The goal of PEEHS is to give the least popular answer for each round - the one you think nobody else will submit. You get one point for each (correct) answer you submit, plus an additional point for every other player that submits the same answer. An incorrect answer scores 1.5 times the highest score.

The winner will be the person with the lowest score at the end of the game; if you've ever watched Pointless with Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman, then you'll know the drill.

Here's a quick example for any newbies who still may not be sure:
    e.g. 10 players are playing and are asked to name a colour.
    5 players say red - they each score five points
    3 players say yellow - they each score three points
    1 player says black - they score one point and should be very happy
    1 player says fish - they get 7.5 points and should probably read the question more carefully in future

The usual PEEHS rules apply:

NO GOOGLING: This is an honour-based game. You shall not use the wicked Google machine or any other illicit source for information. Baby Jesus is always watching, and his tears will haunt you in your sleep if you cheat.

NO POSTING ANSWERS/CLUES ON THREAD. Please PM me with your answers.

Spellings aren't too important once there's been a reasonable attempt made; however, any answer along the line of "yer man from that thing" will not be accepted!

Also just to note that the order of the images in each round is completely random, so don't go looking for any patterns (alphabetical, chronological, etc) because you won't find any!

So enough rambling: the ten rounds will appear in the following post, please choose one name from each round and then PM ME with your list of names.

And best of luck everyone. :)

Questions to follow.....

Comments

1. Actors
    All of these men have won the Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role

at9h3r1.png

2. Music
    All of these men have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, either as a solo artist or as part of a group or duo

SfTYDkF.png

3. Sport
    All of these men are famous in the world of sport - no further elaboration needed

VK2RnBI.png

4. Politics
    All of these men have served as the head of government of a country at some point in time

LsDb6wB.png

5. Literature
    All of these men are famous writers, across various literary fields

1jqAJiZ.png

6. Nobel Prize
    All of these men have received a Nobel Prize in some discipline

ZpY9X6C.png

7. TIME Magazine's "Person of the Year"
    All of these men have been named as TIME Magazine's "Person of the Year", at some point from 1927 to the present day.

7IwpHek.png

8. Fictional
    All of these men are fictional characters - for the avoidance of doubt, I want the name of the character, not the name of the movie/series they appear in

H4uPlhj.png

9. Fir na hÉireann
    All of these men are well known Irish men across various disciplines

CQrcsW4.png

10. Various
    No theme here other then these are all famous men across various disciplines

ovEmR6d.png

Choose one name from each question, whoever you think the 'least guessed' will be, and send me your list BY PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

oh the multiple strategies going through my head now are driving me crazy!

Oooh I'll play! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

tusk wrote: »
    oh the multiple strategies going through my head now are driving me crazy!
    I've accepted that you can't have strategies for PEEHS, you'll only torment yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

I'm in, so you may as well just give me the wooden spoon now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm going to give this a go..... but on the basis that I've checked out the first two categories and I recognise at most two of them, I don't think I'll be bothering the upper echelons of the results.

But hey, it's not about the winning, it's the taking part! Isn't it?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm in.

8 entries received already. :) Keep 'em coming!
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a go..... but on the basis that I've checked out the first two categories and I recognise at most two of them, I don't think I'll be bothering the upper echelons of the results.

Some rounds are definitely tougher than others. In each round I tried to go for at least one or two that most people would likely know, and at least one that would most people wouldn't- the rest are somewhere in between.

But don't feel bad if you find it challenging- that's part of the fun! :p I often find that I might know someone's name quite well without having a clue what they look like - a good few of the faces here may fall into that category.

Scatter gun approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Sent. It was tough alright, a lot of these faces look familiar but i can't put a name to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

in too.
    Thank you for organising Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think I understand I will give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

No messing.
    In. Done. Bosh.
    Like a real man.

tenor.gif

No messing.
    In. Done. Bosh.
    Like a real man.

tenor.gif
    And no 4play, Nitty :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

And I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

In :pac:

18 entries in now.

Still loads of time to enter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So I'm clear I just give one answer of one correct in each category or name all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Just one per category, preferably the one that the fewest people will say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

In like Flynn.

• Advertisement

21 entries have now been received.

Still a week left to go so keep 'em coming folks, just one entry can change the entire scoreboard! :D

The current contenders:

21 players:

aaronjennings
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Collie D
    davetherave
    EEFGGFEDCCDEED
    Electric Nitwit
    HeidiHeidi
    Hello 2D Person Below
    Irish Aris
    JohnGreenFan
    JP Liz V1
    Kolido
    LadySkunk
    mustang shelly
    Necro
    Sawduck
    ShaneU
    Sheridan81
    the purple tin
    yaboya1
    Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Just happened to spot this thread today as it was not on that Upcoming Forum Games thread! I follow the latter to let me know when new games are on the way. Anyway I'm there now!

Just happened to spot this thread today as it was not on that Upcoming Forum Games thread! I follow the latter to let me know when know games are on the way. Anyway I'm there now!

Thanks for the reminder, I'll stick a post in that thread. :)

22 entries now in, hopefully even more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I'm in but I have a couple of days to enter, right?

I'm in but I have a couple of days to enter, right?

Yes, you have until afternoon of Thursday 19th. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭millie35

Count me in

Bump!

We're up to 24 entries now received:

giphy.gif

Gonna close submissions at 6pm on Thursday 19th, with the Reveal to follow at 8pm. So if you haven't entered yet you've a little over 48 hours to get your entry in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

OK just entered, I love Pointless. I am actually impressed I seemed to have answers for most but only knew the obvious ones. My only hope is more people pick the obscure ones

• Advertisement

Oh no I hope I don't forget to do this tonight!

Advertisement